Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
How bad were you when you first started? >

How bad were you when you first started?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How bad were you when you first started?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Let's just say .." Bad " does'nt even discribe it .....
Old 04-09-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Okay, when your first truck breaks about 25 minutes into getting it, yeah, I'm pretty bad. But I've gotten better.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

I thought i was hot shit on a silver platter! first race i was passing nitro cars on the infield, in practice, i thought damn i'm passin nitro cars! i made the A main so i guess it wasn't so bad podium in my first race, that got me really hooked, now my kid will lap me in a matter of 5 laps
Old 04-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

when i first started the suck "o" meter was pinned to you better give it up loser
but after a couple of years and asking loads of questions, especially to the a mainers. I'm not half bad.... i can hang with the best of them. a couple of laps back but i can at least hang with them lol
Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

when I first started, I was horibble
6 years later and I'm still horrible
sucks getting old / being old

But on the bright side, everytime I do go racing, I get to hangout with a bunch of very cool friends.

RRR and TAOB
Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

My first race (RC10 Worlds) I had to go home to get my transmitter because that's the one thing I forgot I forget the first thing I broke - I had all titanium stuff on the car already so it wasn't anything major. The main problem was finding the right tires - I didn't have much of a clue about tire selection at that time.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been into RC since I was 10, I'm 26 now. My first race (Pan onroad) was when I was 12 and I didn't do too bad considering I had been playing with RC for a couple years anyhow.

I got out of racing until I was old enough to afford it (19 yrs old). I got back in racing TCs and my first NEW car was an HPI Pro2. I did ok with it, but I still didn't get fast until just a couple of years ago.

I must say of course that winning is NOT the point of this hobby. Hanging out with good friends and having a fun time is.

I haven't won a race I've entered since 2002. However I place 2nd and 3rd alot. SInce I race with super-rich/practically sponsored guys, I consider a 3rd place finish not too damn bad. However I AM going to win soon, as I have a 1/12th scale vendetta to settle.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am still trying to delete my memory of the first day of racing,.
it's horrible, and it's still haunting me!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

My first year of racing was absolute carnage!!! I would have guys saying things like, "I've never seen anybody break THAT part before" or "this guy isn't even good enough to run in the NOVICE class". Thrashed bodies, battery packs hanging out of the car, cracked rims, cooked motors, I've pretty much done it all.

To think, I originally got into r/c racing as a form of relaxation.

After two years, I'm to the point where I just bend parts on my sedan/truck, not break them.

Like MC said, Going racing gives me a chance to hang out with a great bunch of people and have a good time.

Now, if only there were some Japanese Ko-gals that would start showing up at the track, I'd be in heaven...

TC

CoBroRa/TAOB
Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by Soviet
I have been into RC since I was 10, I'm 26 now. My first race (Pan onroad) was when I was 12 and I didn't do too bad considering I had been playing with RC for a couple years anyhow.

I got out of racing until I was old enough to afford it (19 yrs old). I got back in racing TCs and my first NEW car was an HPI Pro2. I did ok with it, but I still didn't get fast until just a couple of years ago.

I must say of course that winning is NOT the point of this hobby. Hanging out with good friends and having a fun time is.

I haven't won a race I've entered since 2002. However I place 2nd and 3rd alot. SInce I race with super-rich/practically sponsored guys, I consider a 3rd place finish not too damn bad. However I AM going to win soon, as I have a 1/12th scale vendetta to settle.

This guy is a joke read this http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=68743
Old 04-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mr_postman
Like MC said, Going racing gives me a chance to hang out with a great bunch of people and have a good time.

Now, if only there were some Japanese Ko-gals that would start showing up at the track, I'd be in heaven...

TC

CoBroRa/TAOB
Ooops forgot to mention CoBroRa those crazy chikan guys

But seriously like the idea of kogals
Old 04-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

I started out racing Mini Coopers, and I was the first one to show up at the track with one of the new BMW Minis.

For my first time, I didn't do bad at all. Granted, I hit a few walls here and there, but I did alright, having been in RC for 4 years prior to racing gave me an edge in driving experience.

Everyone told me to get a short Mini, that the long chassis wouldn't work well. Well, I'm still running the long-chassis mini today, as well as a couple other classes, but guess whose Mini is one of the fastest/best handling Coopers at the track.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ALBERTO
when i first started the suck "o" meter was pinned to you better give it up loser
but after a couple of years and asking loads of questions, especially to the a mainers. I'm not half bad.... i can hang with the best of them. a couple of laps back but i can at least hang with them lol
Not half bad? You're pretty damn good Berto. You fly with your 1/12th, and that new FK05. I'm still nowhere near good. But thats because I started to get into carpet racing this season. I must admit though, I've gotten a tad bit better since I first started.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i was relly bad but ive been racing my tc4 for 7 weeks now and i can see that im getting better i avrage a 3or 2 in the B main
Old 04-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm an offroad guy. Partially because I like the dirt, partially because there's no onroad tracks around. (Onroad racing with no track is very useful you know).

I did a few practice sessions, wasn't anywhere near as bad as you sound. I kept hitting the tubes (even broke an a-arm on the losi after repeated hits!), landing the jumps vertically on the front bumper and bouncing onto the roof, hitting the pothole (heh, track was in need of a little maintenance), and I ran into my dads truck before he got on the drivers stand (shoulda put it in a better place!).

Later I found out that my shocks were leaking, which was why i kept landing those jumps funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.