Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Race Talk

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamxray
you go with what is proposed and not amend it at the agm reason being what we vote on line is that rule or changes that was proposed to be voted or polled on line for so if there was changes made then whats the need for polling vote for might as well turn up at the agm and change the rules or amend as we go along at the agm or we could make no amendment to the set proposal from the web site at the agm what so ever.

da_cookie quite simple you use the central booking in section as u enter your nick and password or you could use your BRCA no and central booking that would stop others doing it on your behalf as the other people will not know your password easy eh
Now, why don't you stop talking about on line voting, it has been said by BRCA officials that this is not possible under BRCA's actual constitution, and would need a vote in the main BRCA AGM. It has also been said that it was already proposed a few times and didn't go through. Now if you can't read that other forum where this has been said, we have already discussed that at length in here.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 AM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=DA_cookie_monst]but if you have the excuse it is too far away, then what is the point in spouting and moaning. [QUOTE]

SO true,thats a lame excuse!

If others around you share the same views and also want to express their views you all chip in for the fuel and get your a*se down to the agm...

If the minority are in awe about something then the chances are it's either because there isnt a valid complaint or others around them havn't picked up on it (usually unlikely)...
Old 06-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamxray
da_cookie quite simple you use the central booking in section as u enter your nick and password or you could use your BRCA no and central booking that would stop others doing it on your behalf as the other people will not know your password easy eh
I remember a time when the world was so innocent to... plus you REALY think it is as simple as that? what, just add another couple of databases to the Online Booking... hang on, that is used by, erm, 10th on-road... what about 10th off-road, 8th on/off/truck, 12th, stock and oval, 5th scale.... etc etc etc...

Remember, a change in the constitution AFFECTS ALL MEMBERS not this cost touring car community, so you would have to persuade ALL factions of the BRCA to pass it.

In the end, if you are REALY incensed by the rules, attend the AGM, get your rules proposed and seconded, then put it to the vote. If that is to much hassle, then you don't have conviction in your thoughts. Online voting would be great, if done right, but when less than half the voting public can be arsed to vote on government, I don't hold much hope on getting much interest.

As a side thought, those of the under-age group, will they get a vote to?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

teamxray.. your suggestion is good but how would it work and how would it be implemented?

this is why your arguement i flawed.

im gonna post my full proposal tonite after reading the rule book to see how it can be implemented for next year.

jolly expect a phone call.

mike haswell expect a phone call

moggo pm me your number again wanna speak toyou about sunday.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes Mike, but as an official he should be wary of what he sends in a temper!! That is just part of what I received, I can post the rest if you like!!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Whislt we are on about the constitution and rules, I would guess there is a far greater percentage of the BRCA membership who realy COULDN'T give a shit about the rules, or changing them, as long as they got somewhere to race regularly, and this isn't just for TC, ALL sections.
actually this is quite true
spoke to a few peeps of the week & down barham & really all they want is a place to race & a meeting/series to go to that`s it
hobby allways cost alot ,allways had long journey`s ,all ways had one or two crap rules that some how managed to get in there

i think if the BRCA go MOD nats only
they will lose alot of drivers competing on a regular scale ,they will do one or two meets
but the other series STCC,SLRCC,BTCC will get them all & they will stay there bar a couple of drivers
oliver still grinding my axe by the way
Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by MoGGo
Yes Mike, but as an official he should be wary of what he sends in a temper!! That is just part of what I received, I can post the rest if you like!!!!!
i`m with you moggo
they should lead by example ,This includes you mike !! your Halo is slipping darling by the way
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Notice all the guys who race Mod propose to do away with 27T & 19T!!!

Until this years rule changes, 27T and 19T were more supported. So this year's rules are not any better, go back to what they were or in a differnet direction.

Why cant the AGM be held, as an idea, in the Mod champions home town. Foreign champs excluded!!! That way we stand a chance of hearing some differing opinions. Same old voices, same old ideas..........
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
I would like to suggest removing the national championships for 27t and 19t (obviously keep all the rules in place) - they were designed as "feeder" classes and series like TORC, SLCCup, STCC are (in effect) feeder series for the nationals - the ideal place for these motor classes.

Control tyres .... my personal preference is to leave things as they are for this year. If we went to a single tyre, I think thats a little risky over a whole year competition (eg large temp ranges, different surfaces, possible supply problems?) and you are in the hand of that distributer (it wouldn't be difficult for them to stick an extra quid on the price...) If its one tyre per track, it means testing all the different tyres beforehand (currently theres only 3 different sets I would use). OK I'm not racing nats this year, but I could be next year. If I decide I'm gonna spend god knows how much travelling up and down the country to race all the nationals, plus obviously all the club meetings etc as well, I'm not going to mind spending under £100 to go to the AGM - thats what, 3 sets of tyres? And they could be the tyres I want them to be!!!
your 1st sentence !!pants
nats won`t be as popular as they are know this is why touring cars is the biggest class, if brca allinate the 27t/19t classes racers will vote with there feet & stay away

2nd sentence
why is there 184 post complaints about preglues on the other forum then
(most can`t or won`t waste money on a `hobby` )
which get through tyre`s in 3 races
http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23428

even the single proline tyre they had a few years ago didn`t have this much negative response
i don`t do nats either but i think they done wrong this year, but then no one knew it was going to be this bad
Old 06-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Notice all the guys who race Mod propose to do away with 27T & 19T!!!

:
so why are MOD guy`s voting for 27t/19t which they don`t support or do
how do they know what i would like

that`s like me voting on the MOD class !!why ?? i don`t race mod wouldn`t know what is good or bad for those very fast guy`s

actually that`s like a window cleaner pricing up a lawn to be cut
giddy up `
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Until this years rule changes, 27T and 19T were more supported. So this year's rules are not any better, go back to what they were or in a differnet direction.

:
still can`t believe this was split up you know , steve must of had a mad five minutes
done now
will it go back next year!! or will the scare mongers use the low attendence figures this year to get rid of 27t (that wouldn`t suprise me in slightest )
it`s called a 2 year development plan
Old 06-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

ok guys get your handbook out, heres the plan.

rule 7.3 reads

All RSS motor cans must be of the bushing type(no bearings). The can will have 2 pairs of mounting holes. each pair of holes will be positioned in the space between the magnets. the line through the midpoint between each pair of holes must pass through the centre of the can and is determined as being zero degrees and will be marked on one side of the can to indicate zero degrees. the centre of each magnet(or assembly) on each side of the can will be at 90 degrees to the 0 degree line...with a tolerance of +/- 3 degrees.
the can will incorporate a slot to lock the end bell at the designated advance timing of 24 degrees.

I propose this rule should read

All RSS motor cans must be of the bushing type(no bearings). The can will have 2 pairs of mounting holes.

a) one pair of holes will be positioned in the space between the magnets. the centrepoint between this pair of holes must pass through the centre of the can and is determined as being zero degrees and will be marked on one side of the can to indicate zero degrees.

b)each pair of holes will be positioned in the space between the magnets. the line through the midpoint between each pair of holes must pass through the centre of the can and is determined as being zero degrees and will be marked on one side of the can to indicate zero degrees

the centre of each magnet(or assembly) on each side of the can will be at 90 degrees to the 0 degree line...with a tolerance of +/- 3 degrees.
the can will incorporate a slot to lock the end bell at the designated advance timing of 24 degrees.

Reason: this will allow motors to be clearly marked as 0 degrees but only requiring 1 set of holes . as well as allowing styles to conform.
this could in effect allow motors to be mounted in the various cars on the market to minimise the ingress of dirt and contaminates, as well as allowing new designs to be accomodated within the rules.
rule 7.5 reads

The motor can must have inspection holes/slots between the magnet tips so that the armature may be viewed for inspection of the armature tag. These holes/slots may be no closer that 5.59mm from the top or bottom edge of the motor can. The view through the inspection holes/slots must not be obstructed by anything covering the holes.(eg label)

proposed rule change as followed.

The motor can must have inspection holes/slots between the magnet tips so that the armature may be viewed for inspection of the armature tag. These holes/slots may be no closer that 4.50mm from the top or bottom edge of the motor can. The view through the inspection holes/slots must not be obstructed by anything covering the holes.(eg label)

reason : these are inspection holes....but also effect the magnetic field in the motor and aid in cooling. the power we are putting through these motors would benefit all racers with less heat = longer lasting equipment.

rule 7.8 a reads

Motors submitted for approval from 01.01.06 onwards must have a minimum stack web width of 3.5mm.

this should be removed and the wire length rule be reinstated for new and current motors.

also make the same changes to rule 8.5

think that will do

what u reckon
Old 06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

i propose that we have one tyre make and compound.
which importer gets it is decided by the max amount of tyres they will supply at each meeting.
reason,true cost effective and even more level.

homo for body/motors/batteries have to be given out publicly 3-4 months before the first round of the national.
more fair and lets shops importers stock up.

take away silly rules like no tints,and window and grills must be put on car.
i havent seen anyone get q who arent running them so whats the point>?

il vote for online agm.
more fair for people who may not be able to attend in person.

brca allow for opinions by racers to improve next round and what they didnt like and did.
lets the brca know what WE think.all opinions should be noted and majority of same opinions should be taken u[pon by the next round.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf racer
i propose that we have one tyre make and compound.
which importer gets it is decided by the max amount of tyres they will supply at each meeting.
reason,true cost effective and even more level.

homo for body/motors/batteries have to be given out publicly 3-4 months before the first round of the national.
more fair and lets shops importers stock up.

take away silly rules like no tints,and window and grills must be put on car.
i havent seen anyone get q who arent running them so whats the point>?

il vote for online agm.
more fair for people who may not be able to attend in person.

brca allow for opinions by racers to improve next round and what they didnt like and did.
lets the brca know what WE think.all opinions should be noted and majority of same opinions should be taken u[pon by the next round.
trf m8 few things here you have missed.

tyres..its not about how many that can supply , its about how cheap they are prepared to sell them 4.

ie cml bring 1000 sets of cs22 at £25 per set. schumacher bring sorex 32's at £22 per set,.....ill take the sorex as they are cheeper, and its that level playing field you go on about. Cost not quantity, lower the cos they will sell the quantity.

homo stuff 3-4 months before nationals erm they do....all by end 31/12 racing starts in april ????

silly rules like tinted windows and no grills.....well these are meant to represent the real scale touring car or road production vehicle....which have clear/lightly tinted andlights and grills.... ok they are toy cars but based on real bodies...all shells are supplied with grills and lights just use them and stop being a vain tart :P

agree racers views should be taken into consideration but not until the following year.....reason.... you have a bad day and i have a good day, whose opinion are you gonna take and change stuff for at the next meeting? not the grumpy bastid who had a bad day.

an opinion poll should be sent out to the member after the season is over in september and then information collated and presented at the AGM....
Old 06-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mi2dude
trf m8 few things here you have missed.

tyres..its not about how many that can supply , its about how cheap they are prepared to sell them 4.

ie cml bring 1000 sets of cs22 at £25 per set. schumacher bring sorex 32's at £22 per set,.....ill take the sorex as they are cheeper, and its that level playing field you go on about. Cost not quantity, lower the cos they will sell the quantity.

homo stuff 3-4 months before nationals erm they do....all by end 31/12 racing starts in april ????

silly rules like tinted windows and no grills.....well these are meant to represent the real scale touring car or road production vehicle....which have clear/lightly tinted andlights and grills.... ok they are toy cars but based on real bodies...all shells are supplied with grills and lights just use them and stop being a vain tart :P

agree racers views should be taken into consideration but not until the following year.....reason.... you have a bad day and i have a good day, whose opinion are you gonna take and change stuff for at the next meeting? not the grumpy bastid who had a bad day.

an opinion poll should be sent out to the member after the season is over in september and then information collated and presented at the AGM....

yes i dint know how to propose the way importers should bid.
i just love all these ideas and talking through them,no one realli got a wrong idea,thinks it makes us more united.hehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.