Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Race Talk

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i`ll back chris up on the CML /Checkpoint availability
CML have done there bit as with the preglued tyre`s by ordering substantial supply`s
it is the vendor taking care of other market`s first , some one else close to CML told me this

also chris is right (again ) re;;19t motors being rebuilt more often @top level get 1-3 runs before rebuilds ,& i don`t want guy`s running diferent motors spouting of these brush`s ,these motor are far better then the others coz this excuse is used to put the other `side` down & `our` tuned motor/brush`s are far better

how about a conservative ratio for certain tracks for 27t & 19t
all cars can get with in .02 of each other with gearing

policing it
must have number stamped clearly on all spurs & pinions
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

god damn it... i actually had to do some work today thus missed everything.

ok...here what i think.

stock classes -

Fixed timing at 24 deg. must be clearly marked (via mounting holes, or marking on can), bearings, no rules on vents, web or stack.wire length as mer brca rules.

27t (Stock)

leave it as is, except : remove all rule, just allow any commercially available motor from a uk store/shop. not internet based shop (must have a visitable address).

19T spec - same as above

mod classes -

open - as now pretty much

5 cell 12t - bring in as a trial for a year see how things work.....1450 weight limit.

batteries

As now or limit the size of batteries to classes. ie.

3000 - stock
3300 - 19T
3700 - 5cell 12T
4200 - mod

and allow any batteries to be added through the season.

Body shells

allow them to be cut to the lines provided by the manufacturer.

tyres

have 1 control tyre for each class ( so 4 tyre choices ).

brce to consult top 10 drivers from last years nationals in mod /stock and 19T for characteristic for tyre, insert/ wheel and then send this to manufactureres for them to produce/supply a tyre/wheel combo suitable for the chosen class, with minimal price.

once submitted.....offer the choices to the drivers before the nationals start , and have the drivers decide before the season starts.

information control
BRCA needs to utilise its website to inform drivers of all the information before decisions are to be made.

feed back from drivers at nationals (as you know who we are from central booking) regarding proposals and comments about those proposals.

the post the proposals and rule changes with a voting system of yes/no/ dont know using our BRCA number .

This has to be a BRCA site not here not RCRACECHAT as they have outside influences ( IE im banned from racechat so RF wont let me have my sat etc etc)

Im a BRCA member so I have a say.....would rather donate £5 to set up the website than spend £40-50 on fuel to get to agm....as always its a cost thing.

thats it for now
Old 06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
how about a conservative ratio for certain tracks for 27t & 19t
all cars can get with in .02 of each other with gearing

policing it
must have number stamped clearly on all spurs & pinions
Why not just have a setup sheet stuck to your car as it goes round, that way everyone will know what you are running.

Next thing you will recommend a fixed chassis, springs,oil, wheelbase,camber, ride height........
Old 06-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mi2dude
god damn it... i actually had to do some work today thus missed everything.

ok...here what i think.

stock classes -

Fixed timing at 24 deg. must be clearly marked (via mounting holes, or marking on can), bearings, no rules on vents, web or stack.wire length as mer brca rules.

27t (Stock)

leave it as is, except : remove all rule, just allow any commercially available motor from a uk store/shop. not internet based shop (must have a visitable address).

19T spec - same as above

mod classes -

open - as now pretty much

5 cell 12t - bring in as a trial for a year see how things work.....1450 weight limit.

batteries

As now or limit the size of batteries to classes. ie.

3000 - stock
3300 - 19T
3700 - 5cell 12T
4200 - mod

and allow any batteries to be added through the season.

Body shells

allow them to be cut to the lines provided by the manufacturer.

tyres

have 1 control tyre for each class ( so 4 tyre choices ).

brce to consult top 10 drivers from last years nationals in mod /stock and 19T for characteristic for tyre, insert/ wheel and then send this to manufactureres for them to produce/supply a tyre/wheel combo suitable for the chosen class, with minimal price.

once submitted.....offer the choices to the drivers before the nationals start , and have the drivers decide before the season starts.

information control
BRCA needs to utilise its website to inform drivers of all the information before decisions are to be made.

feed back from drivers at nationals (as you know who we are from central booking) regarding proposals and comments about those proposals.

the post the proposals and rule changes with a voting system of yes/no/ dont know using our BRCA number .

This has to be a BRCA site not here not RCRACECHAT as they have outside influences ( IE im banned from racechat so RF wont let me have my sat etc etc)

Im a BRCA member so I have a say.....would rather donate £5 to set up the website than spend £40-50 on fuel to get to agm....as always its a cost thing.

thats it for now
iam with you man.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds good to me too Pete, not so sure we need the cell limitations though?!?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mutley001
Sounds good to me too Pete, not so sure we need the cell limitations though?!?
just ideas.

its not the motors that are making things fast its the batteries....

supposedly the new ib4200shv are even more powerful.

the motors built to with stand the power we cant use.

ok take the batteries out of the equation, but allow batteries to be homog'd throughout the year like motors and shells
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

just ideas.
ok take the batteries out of the equation, but allow batteries to be homog'd throughout the year like motors and shells
Just think about that one. New cell becomes available, ooh, got to buy more cells. then another one becomes available a month later, there goes 6 more. Not a great move IMHO. Now i accept that to a certain extent it is happenig now with the new SHV IB, but if you open it up it will get silly.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MattW
Just think about that one. New cell becomes available, ooh, got to buy more cells. then another one becomes available a month later, there goes 6 more. Not a great move IMHO. Now i accept that to a certain extent it is happenig now with the new SHV IB, but if you open it up it will get silly.
just ideas....got any....be positive....
Old 06-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

homologation on batteries and motors and shells i think ios fine as it is,as long as those are available.
maybe products should be on the market for atleast 3-4 months till there legal so shops and importers can stock up?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf racer
homologation on batteries and motors and shells i think ios fine as it is,as long as those are available.
maybe products should be on the market for atleast 3-4 months till there legal so shops and importers can stock up?

yeah think that wiould work, also enable rigorous testing to see if they go bang too.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

yeah think that wiould work, also enable rigorous testing to see if they go bang too.
yep add to that brca must give a full homo list a complete list that is not going to be reedited to be given at least one month before the first brca round.so people got enuff time to stock up.
also on another note,who would pull a official up whos just past a car threw scrutineering and the car has grills or lighjts missing,because now we got a rule saying lights grills etc must be on the car,dowes that include the door handles that come with the body?
this is so stupid,also i should be disqualified because ive got stickers and car number on me windows,they arent completely clear,but will be now hehehe.
could you get dq for not having a grill?
what if you get dq in the 1st round which is dry then it rains,all day,and ur in the bottom final bc we dont do round by round all bc of a grill missing lol.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After spraying many TC shells, I don't know of any that don't come with grills and lights.... so either not having them sprayed on when your shell is done, or whacking the sticker on isn't going to hurt is it, stops them looking like blobs of dulux going round the track. Personaly, as much as I appreciate the handling characteristics of the shells, I far prefer when they WERE scale saloon shells, not a blob with a shaped grill.

This is going beyond though, all these proposals, just adding MORE rules rather than simplifying.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

tbh i agree with the lights and grills......these are meant to be cars not ice cream containers.

trfracer you know the rules so why dont you have a grill? or lights? your own damn fault :P

get the shell right then you wont get a slap.

cut shells to line and have a minimum clearance ride height of 5mm as per carpet wars

save alot of time
Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst

This is going beyond though, all these proposals, just adding MORE rules rather than simplifying.
not adding more.
scrap current and start from scratch.

i know the electric board is different to the 1/10 touring lot.

but surely scraping motor rules and having stock as commercially available woithh what ever length wire will do

same for 19T

for everyone
Old 06-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i with mattW on this one ,
this winter was a nightmare with cells being released every other week
the company`s will end up taking the piss by releasing new shrink wrapped cells with all the selling crap that goes with it
how about meet halfway every 6 month`s then

MattW
i`m with pete
if you come on with negative ,come back with a positive @ the same time other wise you will remind me of those guy`s in the back of the room heckling but not helping
got my drift

also got a couple of PM`s re;li-po peak

could it become available 27t class only
or 19t class only

before you lot start on that`s cheating & all that shit

on track it is no faster bar a little more punch out of the corners ,i`ve raced against c-cells outdoor & in & there is hardley any difference in performance terms
it`s the fact 1 pack will do you a whiole day no probs
£100. for peak li-po + £50.00 for charger that`s it (there are cheaper & dearer chargers ) i`ve opted for the middle of range

could this find a home in out class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.