UK Race Talk

Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by mi2dude
well it was wet and Dain didnt seem that impressed to me, but will let him explain more as I don't wanna be misquoted by the UK race Talk Gangsta's
yeah you read it wrong ,nothing to do with the TCS
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
yeah you read it wrong ,nothing to do with the TCS
Jolly how can i read it wrong when he was on the damn phone

Old People!!!!

Any ways I know of a few that arnt impressed, but thats a different issue and not one I'm gonna partake in as I havent got one and don't want one.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

How did the temp readings go on sunday with dains TCS system up WLRC
Actually....

The TCS stayed on his car for about a minute... some guy t-boned him and hit the radiator, losened it and all the rubber pipes got tangled with the spur/layshaft/belt and he had to rip it out...

ANYHOW: it was out doors with puddles on the 31st of December... are you serious about it being a Temp Test!?!?!

Even with my TT_01 I decided to take off the fan to lose some weight and I didnt not notice any heat issues.... and you know HOW EFFICIENT THE TT-01 is!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default By the way...

Anyway...it is my personal view that there isnt much point cooling the can of a brushed motor as the magnets dont suffer from the kind of heat we are talking about. It is far more important to cool the internals such as the winding and the com/brush. Hence I am sure the TCS system will work far batter for BL since the windings of the BL is around the can... thats when it will count... but then you might as well mount the TCS on the speedo since thats the thing that blows now days....
Old 01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone had GOOD things to say about the NoVaK 13.5 BL yet??? So far I have heard nothing. Except they stop in the wet.

I am thinking of getting one for my TT-01, so I get to do NAFF ALL at race meetings... then I would be interested in trying the TCS if someone can sponsor me one.... as I am a poor bastard... (and tight).
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by sonneteer
Anyone had GOOD things to say about the NoVaK 13.5 BL yet??? So far I have heard nothing. Except they stop in the wet.

I am thinking of getting one for my TT-01, so I get to do NAFF ALL at race meetings... then I would be interested in trying the TCS if someone can sponsor me one.... as I am a poor bastard... (and tight).
dain PM`d me about the T-boning car crunching crash

apparently the 13.5 are being used down faversham way (off road club)
very fast they say to a point were they asked maritime if they can be used there , Flat No! was the answer
more power the brushed 27t is being thrown about
Old 01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mi2dude
Jolly how can i read it wrong when he was on the damn phone

:
coz you don`t know & you never will
Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

coz you don`t know & you never will
well if its important to you then perhaps i dont wanna know.

ps. fitted a tcs to your zimmer yet ????

brushless has arrived...time to use a crow-bar to fit everything in the t2'007

will post pics tonight......as colin likes his neat installs
(he gets about....a bit like the clap!)
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

There is something wrong about a BL stock... if its quicker that 27T then it will kill 27T class as its cheaper to migrate to 19T, so you end up with BL class, 19T etc etc.... If its slower then some have wasted their money.

Would you race against someone who definitely has more power than you? Is that fun? I have but so far they seemed ok but not as quick... maybe its the driver...

I am not against BL but it should be in the open class... having a 27T stock equivalent BL that is not equivalent doesnt make sense.... I got the Super Sport 5800 system and that pissed me off cos its quicker than 19T but slower than 12T (guess its like a 14T)... in stock mode it is a rev limited 14T... so you get acceleration of 14T but terminal velocity of 27T??? no you just blast past them all... so cant race it anywhere...

Does anyone have a part number for the 13.5 BL system with speedo. I got part number for the motor but I want to know if you can buy it with speedo.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Can't get them together as far as I know - convenient, yes? probably will appear in the near future. one is run down at sidcup on tight carpet track. can gear to moon it seems and it just keeps pulling. hasn't been pushed to limit yet but it is very comparable with top 27t
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sonneteer
There is something wrong about a BL stock... if its quicker that 27T then it will kill 27T class as its cheaper to migrate to 19T, so you end up with BL class, 19T etc etc.... If its slower then some have wasted their money.

Would you race against someone who definitely has more power than you? Is that fun? I have but so far they seemed ok but not as quick... maybe its the driver...

I am not against BL but it should be in the open class... having a 27T stock equivalent BL that is not equivalent doesnt make sense.... I got the Super Sport 5800 system and that pissed me off cos its quicker than 19T but slower than 12T (guess its like a 14T)... in stock mode it is a rev limited 14T... so you get acceleration of 14T but terminal velocity of 27T??? no you just blast past them all... so cant race it anywhere...

Does anyone have a part number for the 13.5 BL system with speedo. I got part number for the motor but I want to know if you can buy it with speedo.
No i wouldn`t race against the 13.5 with my 27t
before this gets going the cell count should be sorted first ,if the powers to be keep shifting the goal post left right & bloody centre no one will race in the top events

Back to the TCS (thorn in pete`s side )
Old 01-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

pete to you
Old 01-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Nice example of how to play nice Colin......

May all followers of the Colin please Ignore his manners, not very sportsman like
Old 01-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

hey i have found your secret book of what you do pete

boots on the other foot now Funny BIg man
Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs down oh dear oh dear

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.