Wiki Posts
Search

UK Race Talk

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Much More UK GP

Hi fellow Uk racers,

So, who's going to make the journey to Scotland in June for the Much More UK GP and show some of the worlds international drivers what we're made of in the UK?

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/much-m...ed-weekly.html

Cheers,

Dan

Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
I know in the old days when I started the local club used to have a race meeting at the summer school fair or something not sure if many schools still have these.

I believe your club is based at a school?

Maybe we should be trying to reach schools more to get kids interested?
Like this one, some decent drivers showing how quick you can be when you are more experienced which will give the kids interest. And, have some cheap practice cars like TT-01's for kids to try, there's nothing like actually driving a RC car for the first time to get you started, if you only watch, you soon forget.

I'll make some enquiries about this.

thanks Nathan, good idea
Old 12-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Some good ideas coming through here guys, see, we can all play nicely together when we try

For my part, I would like to try and find something that would pull in new blood, father's and sons/daughters. I quite like the Mardave idea because it looks like it would be cheap, easy and good fun with few rules yet still competetive enough to keep racers keen.

The stock tamiya class such as TT-01's are also a good idea but it' a bit more serious with more rules. And, I dont think new racers want to many rules to deal with as they will have enough on their plate just trying to learn to drive.

What do you guys think would be the best route, and why?
Old 12-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by terryh
Some good ideas coming through here guys, see, we can all play nicely together when we try
I agree Tel, and talking of playing nicely, you gona come to RR this Sunday, promise I'll keep the doors shut
Cheers Malc
Old 12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
I agree Tel, and talking of playing nicely, you gona come to RR this Sunday, promise I'll keep the doors shut
Cheers Malc
LOL. Sorry though Malc, no can do. Taking the kids out for the day and giving them a bit of attention for a change, hope it all goes well though.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:20 PM
JRB
Tech Initiate

WKRCC did run a Tamiya class for a whole outdoor and indoor season, but interest dropped of for the indoor, so we have replaced it with a Junior championship to try and entice the kiddie winks.

I've still got 2 TT-01's and there not half bad. We were made to compete in both the Tamiya class and our usual class , and some people were quite upset when there were being overtaken by a stock TT-01. And by stock i mean even friction shocks ha ha
Old 12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Dan415ms
Hi fellow Uk racers,

So, who's going to make the journey to Scotland in June for the Much More UK GP and show some of the worlds international drivers what we're made of in the UK?

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/much-m...ed-weekly.html

Cheers,

Dan

this is dodgey ,coz does Scotland want to be a lone state now ,so us Brits will need passports & Euro`s to get in
Old 12-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

What do you guys think would be the best route, and why?
doing specail class`s for newbies is not the way ,after a talk with some one about this problematic thingy

SO
my idea is Shops need to support the local tracks so they can push the electric car scene to the punters & ween them off buying a ready to run Nitro car & buy the RTR electric instead
if the shops now there`s a local club (Edd said this) around them ,they can guide the newbies to buy the TT01 or electric car

there` snothing to stop newbies buying & starting with a tt-01 now , but if the nitro car is there instead the shop will sell that to make a quick profit
short sighted by shops

PS;;all those rules for Tamiya Eurocup thingy ,waste of time .done Euro before ,got so bad with rules you ahd to use the Original Tamiya Servo saver & pinions in the end ,just bloody mental

supposed to bring in newbies not piss them off before they get on the track with all those rules

on a side note
if you see either Remo or Rob bashing round the track with a TT-01 really good will a begineer get the car to go aswell too ,i think not
this comes round to the Fast TOP drivers can make anything look good

harry had more crash`s with he`s TT-01 then he`s xray 04 , xray handled properly

apparently Chippenham club run a tamiya class yes /No ???
how`s that going or has that been taken over by the TOP guy`s & the newcomers don`t get a look in ??
Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

LOL. Sorry though Malc, no can do. Taking the kids out for the day and giving them a bit of attention for a change, hope it all goes well though.
apparently the Kids are not yours
they are the milkmans
Old 12-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

how about if clubs ask there top drivers too on one club meeting race a newbies car for the night or even for a couple of races then sit with the newbie and directly help them for another coupe of races this would help the newbie;

1. get their car properly set up
2. show them how comptitive their car should be if they gave it a chance
3. if they did have money they wanted 2 spend they could be properly guided as to what to buy
Old 12-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bony85
how about if clubs ask there top drivers too on one club meeting race a newbies car for the night or even for a couple of races then sit with the newbie and directly help them for another coupe of races this would help the newbie;

3. if they did have money they wanted 2 spend they could be properly guided as to what to buy
Now this is a great idea
Boosta suggested it to me about doing this at our club some time ago, and will put it forward to the rest of the guys, and will also show the ones that want to help the cause and the ones that stay ay home coz there to good, Premaddona's I think there called. This way the lesser drivers shall we call them, will get to learn a little about setup instead of running the same car in the same way week in week out. Nice one Bony85
Cheers Malc
Old 12-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bony85

I think this has quite a lot of milage - no pun intended!
Why not get the top guys to sit with and help the noobs, show em how to drive, setuo their own cars and generally help out?!? got to be a non championship meet though - too competitive otherwise!
You could run a championship of this too. kind of like a team comp. Noob with experienced guy. Bog standard kit. run over a 6 week period? what do you think?

Paul
Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mutley001
I think this has quite a lot of milage - no pun intended!
Why not get the top guys to sit with and help the noobs, show em how to drive, setuo their own cars and generally help out?!? got to be a non championship meet though - too competitive otherwise!
You could run a championship of this too. kind of like a team comp. Noob with experienced guy. Bog standard kit. run over a 6 week period? what do you think?

Paul
Wasn't that what I just said
Old 12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

And ??
your point is Malc ??
Old 12-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

next week im thinkin of doing some testing with 5 cell modified at my club. Either be running with a 4 star lrp brushless or a 7x1 brushed motor. Is there any adjustments i should think of especially gearing wise because of the the 5 cell switch?

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.