Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Touring racing Upstate SC >

Touring racing Upstate SC

Touring racing Upstate SC

Old 04-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Nah, Craig has already had my name written on the 1st place A-main trophy. I just don't want you guys to be disappointed when you go home empty handed.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PlainOleDave
If there are not an dis-advantage to those starting in 6-10th place, in the line, Then I recommend having those fastest start in the rear. Simply reverse the "best racer 1st" line-up.
POD, word on the street is, there's going to be a good showing in spec w/ some hobby shop guys running with ya. Better get that Pink Lexus clean, so it looks nice in the winners circle.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by nomaak
are there any pro4 owners that can give a little 19 turn/ mod set-up help?
I still remember most of my setup for 19 turn:

Take-off 27's
Mazda 6 body w/ wing placed in back of post, middle of spoiler
2* castor
2 degree camber f/r
one-way front
rear diff-loose action
no swaybars
1* toe out front
2* toe in rear
no kickup or antidrive
5.5 mm ride height f/r
50 wt oil
2 large hole piston
factory settings for droop
Old 04-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brandon Melton
Region 2 race, Keith finished 4th in stock.
Good to here Keith did well. Was that a carpet race, or an asphalt race?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

carpet
Old 04-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys im coming down from atlanta with one other guy. Wonder about the track and pits. Anyone have new updated pics? Also id it open for type of tires or can we either take odds or foam? i also posted on Carolina rc forum too. Also good job Chad being first time on our carpet track....we running on our outdoor track now also. Should come and try and bring others.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

thanx pro4capece.....i'm scribbling it down right now. one thing tho...did you use the 2mm spacers under the pivot supports?

brandon....still a toss-up. it seems i'm right in the middle of easly & kenley. i know i'll be at easly more than once this year so i sorta wanted to wait another time...then again it's the first race of the year. and this is the first ever deal going on in kenly..may not ever happen again, and i wanted to be a part of it. so as you can see i'm torn. guess i have this thing for first timers. our little secret tho.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Jimmy,

Hooter's i'm there!! Oh, we have to remind ourselves not to fall for the where can i put this seafood platter deal like Ron did!!

I must have picked up my car about 200 times today!!! Wish I had my servo back so I can setup my Electronics!!

Jairo
Old 04-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Chad, trackowner Craig can email you some pics if you want to see them. The pits are in the back of the hobbyshop, and have power outlets, but bring an extension cord if you can't make it to the track by 10am. The outlets might be too far from your pit space to directly plug in the electronics.

Yes, open tires. We prefer to run Take-off cs27. If you have sorex, pm brandon melton and ask him what compound to run.

nomaak-no prob. sorry but I don't remember what spacers i ran. I'm pretty sure the stock setup should work as far as kickup and lower rollcenter
Old 04-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Craig...can you email me some pics of the new layout so i can get a Idea on how the track is? and possibly the pits? And what are the prizes for the winners and top drivers? Just curious.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Lots of action here and a lot of smack talk. Let's see, I wrote that name on the first place trophy but it was with DISAPEARING INK. LOL Sorry Chadster.

We will do the single file starts. It has proven to be less destructive on the start and being 5ft or 10 ft farther back in the line will not be the deciding factor in the overall finishing order. But getting clobbered on the start in a side by side race to the corner always ends up in someone being taken out. That's no fun.

We can do IFMAR heats if that's what is preferred. We've just got to STRESS to EVERYONE that it is a race against the clock not each other. When we've done the heats IFMAR style before the racing was just as intense as if it was regular qualifying and it made no difference at all except it was a real bore to spectators because doing it IFMAR doesn't really make the guy in front the guy in first place. Personally as a racer, I hate IFMAR qualifying, people will try and pass the car in front of them just as hard regardless. But we'll do it however the majority wants.

I posted some recent pics of the track layout and the pit room on our web forum at www.carolinarc.com go to the forum link and then to the Touring thread.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.