Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2013 PSYCHO NITRO BLAST VI  March 21-24 Unadilla, GA >

2013 PSYCHO NITRO BLAST VI March 21-24 Unadilla, GA

2013 PSYCHO NITRO BLAST VI March 21-24 Unadilla, GA

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

The PNB would like to welcome a new level 3 sponsor to the event! A special thanks to Charlie Suangka and Team Novak for all of the support. Novak will have a huge presence at this years race. Check them out at www.teamnovak.com
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Email me at [email protected]
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Alright Psycho’s

I along with Jamey Powell from the Georgia Championship Series met with representatives from MyLaps last Friday here in Atlanta. We discussed the issue of the MRT transponders being incompatible with the latest MyLaps decoder and firmware along with expressing to them how most of the RC racing community feels about the changes whether good or bad. It is with great pleasure to announce that MyLaps was more than understanding and expressed eagerness to offer the racer a smooth transition and affordable trade in for anyone running the clone MRT transponder. With that said MyLaps will be offering the RC4 Hybrid 2 wire for $35.98 with an MRT trade in. The RC4 Hybrid 2 wire will work with any RC2, 3 and 4 decoder (basically everywhere) without issues.

The Psycho Nitro Blast is also pleased to announce that MyLaps has signed on to be a sponsor of the 2013 PNB and will be in attendance offering the racers a chance to meet the MyLaps team. They will have with them plenty of transponders and offering the racer the opportunity to trade in their clone MRT for an RC4 hybrid 2 wire transponder for just $35.98.

THE MRT TRANSPONDERS WILL WORK JUST FINE AT THIS YEARS PNB! But you will eventually need to switch to MyLaps transponders as many of the tracks around the country will be getting the new software or decoder in 2013.

Best regards,
Dave Leikam
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leikam
Alright Psycho’s

I along with Jamey Powell from the Georgia Championship Series met with representatives from MyLaps last Friday here in Atlanta. We discussed the issue of the MRT transponders being incompatible with the latest MyLaps decoder and firmware along with expressing to them how most of the RC racing community feels about the changes whether good or bad. It is with great pleasure to announce that MyLaps was more than understanding and expressed eagerness to offer the racer a smooth transition and affordable trade in for anyone running the clone MRT transponder. With that said MyLaps will be offering the RC4 Hybrid 2 wire for $35.98 with an MRT trade in. The RC4 Hybrid 2 wire will work with any RC2, 3 and 4 decoder (basically everywhere) without issues.

The Psycho Nitro Blast is also pleased to announce that MyLaps has signed on to be a sponsor of the 2013 PNB and will be in attendance offering the racers a chance to meet the MyLaps team. They will have with them plenty of transponders and offering the racer the opportunity to trade in their clone MRT for an RC4 hybrid 2 wire transponder for just $35.98.

THE MRT TRANSPONDERS WILL WORK JUST FINE AT THIS YEARS PNB! But you will eventually need to switch to MyLaps transponders as many of the tracks around the country will be getting the new software or decoder in 2013.

Best regards,
Dave Leikam
Sweet deal! Let me make sure I have the math right.

On the website, you can upgrade to the Hybrid for 82.46$ (not including S&H) by turning in your MRT.

Say you spent ~50$ for MRT, that would be 132.46$ (82.46+50) for a new Hybrid RC4.

But, if you take the deal Dave and Jamey worked out, that's 35.98$ + ~50$ MRT = 85.98$ for a new Hybrid RC4.

It makes me feel silly for having already sent in my MRT for trade-in.

Dave - You're Awesome for helping folks get this great deal...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Huge thanks to Jason and Allison Ruona of Jconcepts for their continued support as hgh level sponsor of the PNB. JConcepts will be on site just outside the main entrance with full inventory offering racers anything they need. Check them out at www.jconcepts.net
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What type of tires should I plan to run with my 2wd buggy?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

OPEN SPOT IN MY RV FOR PNB!

Looks like I have an open spot in my RV for another racer to hop in..... We're leaving from the Raleigh, NC area on Wednesday morning @ 8AM-ish and planning to head back after PNB is done....so we'll be home mid-day on Monday.

I'm bringing a grille, a cooler/fridge full of food/drinks for all of us to split....and so far we've got 3 guys splitting the bill. Our 4th had to pull out due to a layoff.....so we've got spot #4 open again!

You will get: a ride to/from the event, 3 meals a day, snacks, drinks, a warm/cool place to sleep, and all the power you can consume over the course of the event. We're splitting the gas bill, RV Hookup, and food costs between 4 of us. The total *should* be @ $225 - $250 per person....and that covers Wednesday through Monday. I usually bring some good food for us to chow down on as well ;-)

My trailer only has 2 pit spots in it though, so you will need to bring a tent/table/chair to pit next to it though. We usually setup a little camp with a bunch of Cape Fear/NC guys in it. Let me know if you're interested!

If anyone in the NC, SC, or GA area is interested.....drop me a PM ;-)
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

In case you're wondering....here is the rig we're driving down and have an open spot in ;-)

Less than a week away! We're stoked....how bout you?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Its almost here.

Who all is going from NC, VA, MD (mid Atlantic Region)?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Advantage Racing Products is proud to be sponsoring Psycho Nitro Blast again in 2013! (We've sponsored the race the past 5 out of 6 years) We've sent a nice selection of door prizes to the race for those lucky enough to win one.

We're also offering an exclusive 15% discount on all products at www.AdvantageRacingProducts.com through the end of the month. Just use Discount Code pnb6

Good luck at the race!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am all packed up and ready for some high flying jumps...can't wait
Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

In case you all missed it here are the 1/8 and 1/10 scale tracks at Psycho Nitro Blast 2013.

And some (blurry) pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7768344&type=3

1/8 Track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BR5kosMGkk
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

1/10 Track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PagA-GBa8w
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by EastCoasterVa; 03-22-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added link to pictures
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

results...???
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

ops....gotem.....liverc.com