Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Suspended

Default UF1 New Jersey

Is anyone interested in participating in a UF1 type series similar to the ones in california and houston. A scale F1 series would be awesome out here.

I can think of at least three to four locations that would make for some excellent venues.

Any feedback would be appreciated before I go any further.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

You know SJCCR is in....
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I am in, that would be great. get that ramp ready Ray.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

it would be great. we would have to follow the uf1 rules and guidelines accordingly. they get up to 30 racers to come out. That shows how an organized schedule can work between 4-5 different tracks in a 4 hour radius in socal.

So get those rubber tires, 21.5 motors, and chassis ready for some f1 action.

I especially love the pit stops.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

'bout time someone posted about this

there's a lot of F1 drivers in the PA/NJ/DE/NY area - and pretty much all would love some kind of consistent series

I think the best way to start this would be to do a "F1 Day" - like the California guys did...it was only-F1 for an entire day, following a similar set of rules that exist today...was a very different idea at the time and they pulled in a TON of guys that had F1's on the shelf

Personally, that was something I've always wanted to try - just never was able to swing the time to do it..and I, believe, this is a best way to get the ball rolling for a traveling F1 series

what places do you have in mind?? Shoot me an email if you got any questions...
Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Suspended

we have a website www.uf1newjersey.com

working on the content. There will be a trial race as one track has already stepped up to the plate(pimp hat and all) and will run a similar set of rules like uf1. the only rule flexibility will probably be the 190-200mm rule. But we will require rubber tires.

Details will follow.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

planning to do the same style of qualifying and races as the Cali guys do?

when you planning on doing the first race? and by race, I mean F1-only race day - not a test-n-tune kinda day,
Old 07-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Suspended

Uf1 rules and format will be tried.

the only adjustment i can forsee is the 190mm width rule. we will allow 200mm cars in the beginning, but we will enforce:

1. rubber tires
2. 21.5 brushless(blinky) or 540 johnson motors
3. good sportsmanship

we can only be successful if our participants can come have a good time and enjoy some f1 racing.

details will follow, just working on the website right now and we will schedule a "trial" race for later in the summer.

if you want, you can check out www.uf1series.com for format info. the only thing we wont do in the beginning is the team system. that may come in the near future.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

why allow 200mm at all, if you're only going to do away with them??

I am well aware if the UF1 rules, which is why I asked if you are planning on following the same - what are your plans for handling pitstops??

I'm just asking because I don't know you and/or your experience running something like this

Originally Posted by nercracer
Uf1 rules and format will be tried.

the only adjustment i can forsee is the 190mm width rule. we will allow 200mm cars in the beginning, but we will enforce:

1. rubber tires
2. 21.5 brushless(blinky) or 540 johnson motors
3. good sportsmanship

we can only be successful if our participants can come have a good time and enjoy some f1 racing.

details will follow, just working on the website right now and we will schedule a "trial" race for later in the summer.

if you want, you can check out www.uf1series.com for format info. the only thing we wont do in the beginning is the team system. that may come in the near future.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Suspended

at uf1 houston they allowed 200mm for the beginning just to bring more cars out and race. i'm sure they'll have a deadline for this.

pitstops, amongst other things, will be planned and put onto the website when it's finished.

cant put the cart ahead of the horse. this could take some time to plan. Unfortunately decisions will be made without a forum approval, but it's the only way this will succeed.

I am getting some great feedback from some of you and look forward to hearing from some others like Dominick I., Santos, yourself, and of course, the south jersey master himself.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

not necessarily cart before the horse, but understand where you're coming from -- too many chefs blah blah blah

are you planning on once a month kind of race series, hopefully not weekly - in my opinion and experience, you can get more guys if the races are scheduled every 3/4 weeks versus weekly... there are a lot of F1 guys at horsham/Jackson and spacing out the races will give drivers some more chances of making all the races

the old ORL/ORL2 did this an was VERY successful for several years both summer time and winter

and any/open 21.5 and any blinky/sportsman speedo?

just sayin'

Last edited by k_bojar; 07-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tri-state R/C club pa. Nj. Del.(md.)

if you have not heard mushroom bowl re open the onroad track 4 summer time racing under the lights and f 1 is our biggest class check us out on facebook don't forget we have indoor pits air conditioned showroom onsite hobby shop so please consider us in
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Suspended

after the 4th we will be working towards an interim schedule.

It looks like a once every 4-6 weeks schedule for now.

From my experience in other forms of racing, when there are too many races, turnout goes down. It takes a lot of effort to plan and host a race without having it be at your home track, but I assure you, the wait will be worth it.

Besides, you can all start to prep your f1's to look like the real cars as concours results may result in points towards your result on the track.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dominick i.
after the 4th we will be working towards an interim schedule.

It looks like a once every 4-6 weeks schedule for now.

From my experience in other forms of racing, when there are too many races, turnout goes down. It takes a lot of effort to plan and host a race without having it be at your home track, but I assure you, the wait will be worth it.

Besides, you can all start to prep your f1's to look like the real cars as concours results may result in points towards your result on the track.
GOOD CALL!!!

the more they are spaced out, the more 'special' they will be and better turnout

as far as concours/scale - are you going 'request' a realistic paint scheme, like a Caterham, or the Arrows schemes, or allow something un-inspired like all white with RC sponsor logos all over it?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Just a thought, but I would allow the 200's but run them in their own sub-class at first.

The goal should be to get everyone into a 190 chassis, but this will take time and funds for anyone who currently has a 200.

FYI, we are talking about kicking off an F1 "only" race in September, so anyone F1 racers reading this should start to prepare now....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.