CNY R/C Scene

Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default CNY RC Racing

Originally Posted by JT13031
When this thread started Walt's had a clay track I beleive. They now have a carpet track. I raced there a couple years ago and I'm just getting back into carpet racing again. The last couple years I have only raced outdoors at CRC in Rome, NY about 45 minutes West of Syracuse. Both tracks have a good group of people racing. I will say that Walt's has a few people that I could do without, there's only a couple though, everyone else is more than willing to help someone out. Of course both tracks have a couple people that get a little to in to it every now and then
I was browsing the racing forums and saw you revived this one. I too am just getting in the RC racing scene as of last fall. I race at Buddy Boys RC in South New Berlin, NY (www.buddyboystoysandtrains.com) on Sunday's whenever I can. Classes and rules on the website. It is a lot of fun anda great group of people.
I also recently raced at CRC in Rome last Thursday on their indoor carpet track (SCT). That was a blast and holy crap they do run some fast laps. I liked their track layout. Technical and fast. A great bunch of people there too. I plan on going back again for their Thursday race night. As a side note, they are running their "Meltdown" this coming Sunday. They are expecting a huge turn-out. If I can, I will attend. I'll get my butt kicked but I'll have fun anyway