Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Had my first SC race yesterday >

Had my first SC race yesterday

Had my first SC race yesterday

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Had my first SC race yesterday

Well like the title says I had my first race yesterday. I ran in the 2wd novice and 4wd novice class at my local track. There were roughly 20 trucks entered in each class.

In my first heat for 2wd I came in dead last. (Lesson learned, TIRES MATTER). My cousin let me run a set of his Pro-Line Gladiators on the rear and in the 2nd heat I took 4th out of 10 and qualified into the main. In the main I took 9th out of 10.

In my first heat for 4wd I came in 8th out of 10 and in the 2nd heat I came in 8th out of 10 again. This was running with the stock slash tires that came with the truck.

I now have Pro-line Calibars ordered front and rear for each truck and I also need to adjust my suspension before the next race as I handled most of the track well except the whoops (sp) killed me. The rear end of the truck just bounced all over the place.

I guess it can't really get any worse and hopefully I can start keeping up with the leaders one of these days.