Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2012 East Coast Challenge - Sun. April 1st, Island Raceway & Hobbies, Lindenhurst, NY >

2012 East Coast Challenge - Sun. April 1st, Island Raceway & Hobbies, Lindenhurst, NY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 East Coast Challenge - Sun. April 1st, Island Raceway & Hobbies, Lindenhurst, NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default 2012 East Coast Challenge - Sun. April 1st, Island Raceway & Hobbies, Lindenhurst, NY

RCSignup

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted by Donspeed
The first annual Island Raceway Eastern Cup Challenge will be held on Sunday April 1st. The format will be identical to the Stator Cup Challenge with Practice beginning at 7am and ending at 8:30am with racing beginning at 9am sharp.

Saturday practice will be free for all FULLY PAID RACERS. Practice on Saturday will begin at 10am and end at 6pm, but we may extend practice into the evening at our discretion to accommodate people traveling in from out of state.

Our first Trophy race in February had 171 entries and we probably should expect the same or more for this race since we listened to everyone’s suggestions and are holding the race on a Sunday as opposed to Saturday which seems to work better for most people.

I've attached the race flyer. More details to come.

Don
Originally Posted by Donspeed
Track Change:

Anthony Mazzarra is the track director and has chosen a team of seasoned professionals supported by quality workers to complete the track change on Saturday March 24th and Sunday March 25th. We will NOT be closed on Monday as usual. THE TRACK WILL BE OPEN, YES… OPEN FOR PRACTICE ON MONDAY MARCH 26TH if the track change is completed by Sunday night.

We need everyone’s help during this entire week to dry out the track, create the drive line (groove) and bring the bite up. This is done by running on the track as much as possible along with proper maintenance. So please try to make the time to come down and run so the track has good traction by Sunday April 1st. We will still have our regularly scheduled club race on Tuesday and again on Friday.

I have purchased a ride-on asphalt roller which should aid in competing the track quickly and professionally. Monster Joe has secured a Bobcat for the weekend. I have ordered a full tractor trailer, 30 tons of dirt to improve the layout structure and elevation changes. I have purchased 2 rototillers to completely turn over the new dirt with the old dirt and make it more uniform. We all have had several in depth conversation with the track team at RCE who have been more than generous with their advice to properly complete the track change and bring up the bite in time for the Trophy race. On Monday I will be installing the RC scoring pro software and mounting a TV in the Pit area so everyone can follow the races and not miss their race.

I’ve attached the race flyer and will put the race up on www.RCsignup.com as well.
This should be a great race with lots of strong competition from travelers who have already been calling me for race details. Todd Anderson from RCE will most likely be attending the race as well, so lets everyone introduce yourself to him and show a bit of appreciation for his help. He was a big help in making this track a reality.
We will be expanding the pit tables a bit and adding shelving to help increase pit space.

Lets go racing.

If anyone wishes to help during the week with pit tables, running TV cables and hanging the TV or with the track change next weekend please contact me in advance. WE will only have a limited number of people for the track change due to the urgent and short time frame to complete the track.
Thanks for the help
Don

Last edited by Asharus; 03-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sounds like an awesome race.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Yeh! Let's get some racing action people!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looking forward to racing at IRH again April 1! Will be in for 4wd SC, 2wd SC and ST if enough show.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Thumbs up

should be a good turn out. can't wait to try out the new layout
Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

pics of layout

Originally Posted by Weazsel
Final pics of the layout:

Who's ready to racee?!?!?!?!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Results

http://www.box.com/s/511b76babe1fd934d3bb

Last edited by Asharus; 04-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.