R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 01-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoitall View Post
offroad dirt, they haven't said too much about classes yet. photo was taken this past saturday.

I raced at raceway park for about 3 years. I was still in high school, my mom used to help in the booth score the races. I use to buy all my stuff from Vince when he had the Model Shop in Englishtown.
Have anymore info? Do they have a thread here?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Have anymore info? Do they have a thread here?
Are you asking about the Wall Stadium track? If so, that would be a different thread and I have not seen one.

I started this thread to find out if there was enough interest to have a track located in this area. It is not a done deal, it is still in the early stages. Once I have an idea of how many people are interested in racing, I can then approach the track with this information.

I understand I will not be able to have everyone respond or see this thread. If you can spread the word so I can see and hear from everyone.
98NYFINESTVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes lets try and stay on topic fellas. thats great about wall but this is about getting the word out and the ball rollin for a new offroad track at raceway park. lets keep it goin.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BIG PLUS to putting a track in central jersey LET'S GET THIS DONE !!!!!!!
BigThyperST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hey 98nyfinestvette

I wish I would have known you was at critters lastnight.
I would have introduced myself. Maybe next time
Bobcat,
08supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08supermoto View Post
I wish I would have known you was at critters lastnight.
I would have introduced myself. Maybe next time
No problem, I was pit along the left wall as you walk in the track. I was next to Marshon. I have the SC10 4x4 wearing a TRAXXAS body.
I will be there next Wed. I am addicted to this like a Junkie. LOL
I went home with a smile last night. Of the three times I attended, last night was the first time I was able to run the main.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think I remember your truck,but honestly so many sct's running I could be wrong. I bumped up from the B main to the A, in sc 4x4.

I'm not sure if your familiar with the Fort Knox/Gunhill Rc track
in the Bronx .....
I was the guy who did the machine work for the track. Where the name "Bobcat" comes in.

Back to the topic: We need this Etown track to pull through.
Bobcat,
08supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08supermoto View Post
I think I remember your truck,but honestly so many sct's running I could be wrong. I bumped up from the B main to the A, in sc 4x4.

I'm not sure if your familiar with the Fort Knox/Gunhill Rc track
in the Bronx .....
I was the guy who did the machine work for the track. Where the name "Bobcat" comes in.

Back to the topic: We need this Etown track to pull through.
Great job on the bump to the A main. I have not been to the Bronx to see there track. I think myself and Marshon will have some road trips to inspect other tracks.

I really have to say that I received many PM's for the support. What is even better, is that people are telling me what there specialties with working at or on tracks.

*I have someone that will assist in the design that has experience with 1/10 & 1/8 tracks.
*I have someone that has knowledge of how to properly build a wheel chair ramp. This person is in a wheel chair and so are his 1/8 racing buddies.
*ROAR has reached out to me to let me know if I have any questions to not hesitate and ask.
*Many people signing up to help build the track.
*Then there is Marshon, who I asked to work with me as we will be partners in this project. Both of us will be of equal with this project. Without hesitation and a smile - Marshon jumped on board. Marshon is known by many and brings much knowledge and wisdom to make this project a HUGE success. I am sure Marshon will add to this thread with his thoughts and ideas.

Thanks again for the support and PLEASE pass the word around. I know I am not able to reach out to everyone. This is where I am asking for your help to pass the word around.

The first step to have this go further would be for me to prove to the track that there are many people that will support this.

Thanks again,
Rob
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hey

Hey guys....this project is just starting, but myself and Rob are committed to making it happen.

I'm glad so many have reached out and we will need all your support. My goal is to make this a unique track that promotes racing in our area. Our race community currently travels to the North to the Barn and Fort Knox, out East onto LI, down South as far as Blue diamond and out West into PA. We will continue to support all the tracks in our area and provide another option that is quite honestly in the center of them all.

I've been involved in multiple grass roots tracks that have come and gone since 2006. Raceway Park gives us the opportunity that we've always needed to have a sustainable race track. If we as racers can re create the same energy that lead to the tracks in East Brunswick, Alcapulco, and The New Sayreville, we will have a place to race in Central NJ.

Rob and I are motivated by our love for racing. If you are like minded, please join us. Stay tuned for weekly updates and please continue to spread the word and post here on this thread, the 'powers that be' are watching
Hobbymasters, Red Bank, NJ
Venom Group
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

its great to see that things are moving in a positive direction. i hope everything works out because so many racers could benefit from this new track.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #56
Dob
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshon50 View Post
Hey guys....this project is just starting, but myself and Rob are committed to making it happen.

I'm glad so many have reached out and we will need all your support. My goal is to make this a unique track that promotes racing in our area. Our race community currently travels to the North to the Barn and Fort Knox, out East onto LI, down South as far as Blue diamond and out West into PA. We will continue to support all the tracks in our area and provide another option that is quite honestly in the center of them all.

I've been involved in multiple grass roots tracks that have come and gone since 2006. Raceway Park gives us the opportunity that we've always needed to have a sustainable race track. If we as racers can re create the same energy that lead to the tracks in East Brunswick, Alcapulco, and The New Sayreville, we will have a place to race in Central NJ.

Rob and I are motivated by our love for racing. If you are like minded, please join us. Stay tuned for weekly updates and please continue to spread the word and post here on this thread, the 'powers that be' are watching
Well said Marshon

www.sweepracingusa.com
Dob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Definitely interested in a track at E-Town! I'd come out to try my hand at racing 8th scale nitro buggy/truggy. Any interest in 5th scale racing? The class seems to be picking up but very few tracks on the east coast to race. The size of Etown and noise of a 5th scale seems like a perfect fit. I agree a hybrid track of sorts would be a good starting point and can always redisgn down the road.
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Wish List

So if u discovered a rich uncle and could build any type of race facility, what would it have? Of the races and race facilities u currently patronize, what are the positive attributes u would like duplicated. I'm brainstorming ideas and want more input. This is just a wish list so feel free to dream.
Hobbymasters, Red Bank, NJ
Venom Group
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
So if u discovered a rich uncle and could build any type of race facility, what would it have? Of the races and race facilities u currently patronize, what are the positive attributes u would like duplicated. I'm brainstorming ideas and want more input. This is just a wish list so feel free to dream.
open 7 days a week for practice, lights, clay, strippers, food (a must for those who know me u know why) electric, water, i could go on and on.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #60
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
HAHA This should be fun

- Climate Controlled conditions (yes indoors) so you can run all year round
- The old Horsham Onroad track had an in house air compresser piped all the way around the pit area with an extention basically every 10-12 feet so you almost had your own compressor. That was nice (you said think big)
- Fully stocked hobby shop
- Be open all week so we can come down and practice when we have the time.
- WiFi ... Nice feature
- LiveRC ... Another nice luxory
- pleanty of power with outlets built onto the pit tables
- pit tables and chairs at the track
- Spectator's stand. Kind of like an alternative Drivers stand but on one of the other sides of the track.
- elevated pit lane

And MOST IMPORTANTLY

Use the right dirt / track maint. No one wants to race at Area 51