Wiki Posts
Search

Indonesia Reedy International Race 2002

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by slowhand
MIKA: no names from HKG yet, but we have received many emails from there showing big interests.
As for political situations in JKT, It is not as bad as you see on the TV news (especially if you are outside Indonesia.)
email me if you need any further clarifications
Guys..if you live in Jakarta, you get used to see the student demonstrations after a looooonggg while. It is as common as worker strike in Korea I would say.

Slowhand: what considered to be normal to us in Indo is not normal to rest of people all over the World. Anyway...are the old school (i.e: Ali Agus Salim, Atek Salim, Etc) still racing these days? Those were the hardcore people I look up to when I started racing almost 20 years ago. They were mainly into 1/8 gas but when the 1/10 electric offroad kicked in on late 80s, they were there too. I was wondering if they're still around...
Old 07-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

fabolous RC: Indeed...the media always tend to exagerate these thing. I am also living outside Indonesia, therefore can appreciate people's (out side the country) concerned about those demonstrations. But as you rightly said, it's nothing to worry about, really..
As for the old school, of the Salim brothers only Atek is still active racing GP 1:8 racing and 1:10 GP touring. Some old school members are still there especially from the generation of early EP in the 80s. But the early EP champion, Siauw2x, retired long time ago. he is still regarded as the 'best' racer around. However, we have a world class racer (and a celebrity too!!) who just started to play EP touring after many2 years racing only 1:8 racing. Moreover, we also have many younger racers who I believe can compete in any world class competitions. There is a couple of race reports in www.tq-racing.com, you might want to take a look.
Some old school members and top drivers have been actively involved in International races such as the IFMAR 1:8, Thai-Indo GP championship, Tamiya Asia Cup etc.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I remember back in the old days...those old schooler could ONLY DREAM about joining those races...A long way had been for those guys to come as big as they are today.

Props to those guys!! (my generation to be exact)
Old 07-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Slowhand,

I know the rules were set by the supplier in manila, he doesn't sell TAMIYA, our local hobby shop here can't do anything, he was told to do so to boost up sales of yokomo n losi here, am planning to go to watch Surikarn, I know TAMIYA uses Reedy motors. Hope to see you there.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Taxi info ............ from airport

Any Indonesian food stalls available near there ? or near the plaza senayan ? Hehehe ......... kinda of miss the Indon food .....
Anyway, hope to see you all there.

Anyway, here are some infos for you guys taking a cab from the airport.

1. Blue Bird taxi, ( Blue in colour with the writing blue bird ), is an ordinary taxi and not very safe especially if you are a foreigner and reach the airport at night.

2. Silver Bird taxi, ( Black in colour with the writing siver bird ), is the safest and most expensive taxi in town. The meter will start at Rp15000 once you are on board but of cos safety is no1 as compared to the money that you are paying. The driver is like a personal driver of yours.

NB: Be carfeul of those "pirated" porters once you reach the outside gate of the airport. Just ignore them and get your cab.

Take care and see you all next week .........
Old 08-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think they still sell those bakso lapangan tennis senayan across from the track Man...I miss those cuz I used to play at their court back in the days *sigh*

I can't wait to go home and beat you guys for the time being..Practice..Practice...Practice!!
Old 08-19-2002, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks man ......... I miss those Indonesian Bakso...... ohhh...... can't wait to get my hands on them. The bakso here in Singapore sucks man.........
Old 08-19-2002, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

All right ..... See you guys on Friday morning..... We will be there...
Old 08-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey faboulousRC

Where do you race in bay area? Do you race at delta? I'd like to visit sf sometimes next month if i get a break at work. I live in LA area, and here you barely meet other indo whose into r/c racing. Sad...
When i pay a visit, maybe we can bash around or something. Later.

Old 08-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks for the Hospitality Slowhand

Hi Slowhand,
On behalf of the Singapore drvivers, I thank you for the hospitality during our stay in Jakarta. It was really great driving with you guys. Thanks. Hope to see guys again soon

Sagita, Alvin and Tang Fa
Old 08-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Hey faboulousRC

Originally posted by front1wayFreak
Where do you race in bay area? Do you race at delta? I'd like to visit sf sometimes next month if i get a break at work. I live in LA area, and here you barely meet other indo whose into r/c racing. Sad...
When i pay a visit, maybe we can bash around or something. Later.

Nope bro...I wish I have time for delta...usually I got too tired by the time I got home from work. I usually race at RC Tech in Daly city near the newest In n Out/Krispy Kreme outlet on our side of the bay. I race tuesday nights though which I don't think fit your schedule.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have the results of the Indonesia Reedy Race ?
Old 09-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publmem.asp?pid=6210

follow this link. the result is there for the REEDY INDONESIA
Old 09-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

WHOA...teddy is a driver now? ck ck ck ck...I guess no more movies for him LMAO

I can't wait to try the track next year!! Retro..what's the schedule like for next summer? I want to bring my Tb01 hybrid
Old 09-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Like what everyone says.
Teddy's hobby is acting but driving is his business. hehehe.........