Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tribute Pics of Chester P.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Raced with him at RC Hobby World in Queens, in the early 90's.

R.I.P
Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've been out of the mix for a second. I go to Bruckner hobbies website and I see this....I'm fucked up now. I lived in throgs neck and Chester was one of the first cats to even talk to me from noob Tamiya TL-01 bruckner carries no parts for that but let me school you on how to step your game up with my thick asian accent. Genius? He was it...As I grew in the hobby, he would listen to nothing electric if there was nitro in the air. Wow. I'm stuck right now. Sad face. Thank you chester. I remember when you stepped away from the game and came back...you was shocked when you seen me with nitro and my shit on tight. In heaven, you and Jesus will slap paint! Rock on.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I've been out of the mix for a second. I go to Bruckner hobbies website and I see this....I'm fucked up now. I lived in throgs neck and Chester was one of the first cats to even talk to me from noob Tamiya TL-01 bruckner carries no parts for that but let me school you on how to step your game up with my thick asian accent. Genius? He was it...As I grew in the hobby, he would listen to nothing electric if there was nitro in the air. Wow. I'm stuck right now. Sad face. Thank you chester. I remember when you stepped away from the game and came back...you was shocked when you seen me with nitro and my shit on tight. In heaven, you and Jesus will slap paint! Rock on.
Chester P was the man!!!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im sitting here surfing the internet and somehow "Chester P" came too mind. I decided to do a Google search on "Chester P RC" and, unfortunately, this thread is what came up. I was not expecting that...

Chester was a super charismatic guy that everyone loved. Even with the thick accent, he was very welcoming. I met him at Hobby Hut in Brooklyn 35+ years ago when he didn't even work there yet. He was saying how he had 27 RC cars (lots of them Tamiya) and was addicted to the hobby. I was not surprised that I eventually saw him behind the counter. He was always apologetic when he felt he couldn't spend as much time with a customer when things were hectic. He sold me these Christian Kiel 1700 mah NiCd matched cells which were "killah" he says.

Does anyone know what happened? Can the OP fix the pics? I do see one pic that shows he lost a bit of weight from the last time I saw him; likely in the late 80's before Hobby Hut closed.

RIP Chester P and Godspeed...