Search

SJCCR 2012....USVTA 25.5 Edition!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
I will have one for you on sunday.
cool thanks scoob...its an older x10 my saddle took a poo but i'll make anything work to get a few laps with it
Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
Hey Ray can I announce for you this weekend?
SURE SCOOBY!!!! Can I borrow your kidnapper???? I'm short one bikini chick....LOL
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sooo any ideas on how adding 160g of weight to my VTA will affect the handling? I added the weight pretty evenly (a few grams heavy on the battery side). Should I be changing anything to compensate for the difference in weight?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flagler
Sooo any ideas on how adding 160g of weight to my VTA will affect the handling? I added the weight pretty evenly (a few grams heavy on the battery side). Should I be changing anything to compensate for the difference in weight?
You might wanna ask that question in the USVTA thread in the Electric Onroad forum here on R/C Tech....There is a lot more guys over there who have been running at 1550g....
Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

The season is almost here, so please go over my "tips" as we set our sights on Sunday....

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Okay gang, as we get closer to the great outdoors, just a few things I want to remind everyone, especially the new racers.....

Electricity will be provided by a 5ooo watt generator. Make sure you bring a long extension cord AND a power strip so you can tap into the main electric box that will be mounted on the light pole, or a neighboring pit. I would suggest always having a 100 footer and a 25 footer on hand, depending on where you pit.

Keep an extra outlet or two open, for anyone who may need to tap in somewhere.

If anyone has a personal generator, please bring it to help with demand. We have run lots-o-guys off the main generator, but if this season really blows up, this will really help everyone have enough power for the day.

Always remind yourself to keep the electric usage down as much as possible. This means not using unnecessary items, and turning off other items like soldering irons and power supplies when your not using them.

Next, I will again be providing transponders to count your laps, but look to get a personal transponder down the road. These will make your race day so much easier! Contact Dodgeboy if you want one.

If you use one of mine, make sure you have an extra hole in the body (and a body clip) so you can mount it. I always have a reamer with me, so see me if you need help putting it in the right spot.

Next, the "Run whacha Brung" Class.....This will always be offered for kids, wives/girlfriends, or anyone that is brand new to racing. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have someone who wants to race in this class! I'm always big on a "Powder Puff" class too, so let's get the ladies involved!

Last for now, is trash....The Township has let us race there mostly because we take care of our area....Please make sure you use the trash cans, or even better, take it with you. The less work the Township has to do, the better for us....Cigarette smokers, please don't throw your butts on the ground. A soda can makes wonderful ash trays....LOL

Another tip for the newer racers....Keep an eye out for any good deals on a canopy if you don't have one already. Once the mid summer heat comes, being under one will make life soooo much better!

IMHO, The E-Z Up brand is by far the best, cause they are a lot beefier that the rest, but others will do....If anyone sees a nice deal anywhere, post here so others can look into it also.....

Next tip for the season....especially for the newer racers....

Do yourself a favor and MARK all of your easily misplaced items (radios, fuel bottles, glow plug igniters, etc) with your name, or a familiar decal, so if it gets lost, we can figure out who it belongs to....

Trust me, you will get so wrapped up in racing, that you may leave these items on the drivers stand, pit lane, impound area etc.

Plus, there will be a lot of identical radios and other R/C stuff that unless it is marked, can easily be accidentally picked up by someone else.
Next racing tip....

All cars need to have car numbers on them when we start the season....You can use any number you want (preferably a unique two digit number to help limit duplicates)

Numbers are important for spectators to follow the action, and makes it easier for me to call the action.

One on each door, and one on the hood will be perfect! Also, if you can, use a white number plate or "meatball" so the numbers will stand out better....

I have more SJCCR number plates like the one on my car if anyone needs them....
LOL, I guess another good tip for this year is to paint all dogbones a bright color!!!! The sealer makes it almost impossible to find now....
USVTA Racers....

Even though this will be a non points race, try to have your cars up to spec for Sunday. Especially CAR NUMBERS....There will be a load of spectators, so we want to give them the full VTA experience!

Another tip will be to secure your newly added weight with tape or tie wraps cause in a crash, the self adhesive on the stick on lead may not hold, and you could be DQ'd after your race.

All other full bodied classes should also sport car numbers of your choice. This helps with my race directing style, as well as spectator recognition....Thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flagler
The extra 6 ounces will make a difference, but the most important thing to consider is where the extra ballast is placed. To minimize the overall effect of the added weight, add it as close as possible to the chassis centerline. You'll also want that added weight close to the ground, as the car will roll excessively if you add weight too high on the chassis. If the weight is mounted too far away from the centerline, it will cause the car to roll more in turns, which could work for or against you depending on the amount of available traction. My suggestion would be to add the weight where it fits closest to the center of the car, drive it that way for a few laps, and adjust its placement after you have an idea of how the car handles.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Next racing tip....

All cars need to have car numbers on them when we start the season....You can use any number you want (preferably a unique two digit number to help limit duplicates)

Numbers are important for spectators to follow the action, and makes it easier for me to call the action.

One on each door, and one on the hood will be perfect! Also, if you can, use a white number plate or "meatball" so the numbers will stand out better....

I have more SJCCR number plates like the one on my car if anyone needs them....

i'll need some of them ray...see you sunday
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
....i'll need some of them ray...see you sunday
You got it man, just see me SUNday....
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

FOOD for Wagner Park....

The closest and best place for food is at Yogi's Hoagies and Deli, which is located in the small row of stores right near the park entrance....

Trust me, Good Dude, Good Food, very reasonable!!!! I always have his menu with me, so if ya wanna pre-order anything, just see me.

There is also Peters Diner and a Super Wawa a little further down, but Yogis will be the official eatery of SJCCR.

Make sure you let him know you're an R/C'er at Wagner.

There is also a great Mom and Pop Hardware store (Iron Horse Hardware) in the same row of stores if ya need anything.....Please support them before the Super Walmart two blocks away does them in.....
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

You got it man, just see me SUNday....
sounds good thanks brother!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

I went to the track today to hang some more banners and can ya believe someone stole one of the 55 gallon drums....times must be rough....lol....so if anyone has a 55 gal drum please bring it to the track I have a cover for it. The fence line is lookin pretty good! Cyaaass Sunday
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scooterman19
I went to the track today to hang some more banners and can ya believe someone stole one of the 55 gallon drums....times must be rough....lol....so if anyone has a 55 gal drum please bring it to the track I have a cover for it. The fence line is lookin pretty good! Cyaaass Sunday
Funny, when I was there on Friday, I thought to myself I wonder if we should chain them to the bleechers....smh.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Will anyone have driver figures for sale on Sunday?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Funny, when I was there on Friday, I thought to myself I wonder if we should chain them to the bleechers....smh.

It was the one without the cover near your table
Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scooterman19
It was the one without the cover near your table
Oh, still though....Let's think about chaining up the other two....Plus, I think we need to pop some holes in the bottoms so rain water can drain out.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.