Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
SJCCR 2012....USVTA 25.5 Edition! >

SJCCR 2012....USVTA 25.5 Edition!

SJCCR 2012....USVTA 25.5 Edition!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D. Rodil
Thanks Ray! I will take a ride out to Bob's Hobbies and see if they have fuel.
Coolness....Anything else ya need, just post here....
Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Went up yesterday in the crap weather. Did some clean up and some banner hanging. Alot of trash removal is needed. Next time I go up that will be gone...got some big ol trash bags. If anyone would care to donate some 2X10s for the bleachers let us know. We need at least 8. probably gonna do some practicing next weekend..gonna work on the trash and stuff during the week. have a good weekend all.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scooterman19
Went up yesterday in the crap weather. Did some clean up and some banner hanging. Alot of trash removal is needed. Next time I go up that will be gone...got some big ol trash bags. If anyone would care to donate some 2X10s for the bleachers let us know. We need at least 8. probably gonna do some practicing next weekend..gonna work on the trash and stuff during the week. have a good weekend all.
Ill be there tomorrow, we'll will bundle some trash up.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Ill be there tomorrow, we'll will bundle some trash up.
Thanks....I'll drop by during the week to collect it...see if ya like the new banners.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scooterman19
Thanks....I'll drop by during the week to collect it...see if ya like the new banners.
Hey, I'm sorry Scooter, I forgot my trash bags!!! . Ill be there Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Besides for the over flowing can, there really isn't much. All though i Didn't look behind the drivers stand...
Old 03-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Ill be there Tuesday or Wednesday this week
Hey Biggie, what time would ya be getting there (either Tue or Wed)? I also want to stop down one day this week to work on the track a bit before we re-seal....I need to radius the outer edge of the oval and could use a hand stringing it out....

I'd get there around 11am....
Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Hey Biggie, what time would ya be getting there (either Tue or Wed)? I also want to stop down one day this week to work on the track a bit before we re-seal....I need to radius the outer edge of the oval and could use a hand stringing it out....

I'd get there around 11am....
Not too sure right now, I will let you know as soon as I find out. I gotta rally the troops haha.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Not too sure right now, I will let you know as soon as I find out. I gotta rally the troops haha.
No Biggie (no pun intended...lol) if you can't make the timeframe....

I can actually do it myself with a homemade pivot string holding thing-a-ma-jig I have a patent pending on....

I'm shooting for Wednesday....
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Whatever day I get off early Ill be there to pick up some trash and hopefully have some new banners....crossin my fingers that someone gives me some
Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

I may go tomorrow (Thurs) instead....Need a dry/sunny day to mark out the outer oval and paint....

Anybody know about waste absorbers in a printer? Mine is full and won't copy until it is serviced....

Is it worth servicing or just get a new one??? Are waste absorbers easy to buy and replace????

It's a Canon i250 if it helps....
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ray - the Canon 250i is an inkjet printer, right?

There's typically a tray with an absorbent material that traps residual ink left on the printhead after printing. That's probably the issue causing the printer to malfunction. I'm not familiar on how to service that component on a Canon, but I've performed that task on an HP G85 OfficeJet and can say that it's a long, messy process. I'll look into the service procedure, and report back to you.

UPDATE - You might be able to reset the ink absorber counter to get the printer working again. check this forum for more information: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/33534

I wouldn't advise trying to open the printer yourself unless you've serviced printers before. Servicing this component is typically more difficult than it should be, and tends to be a pretty messy job.

Last edited by oeoeo327; 03-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Ray - the Canon 250i is an inkjet printer, right?

There's typically a tray with an absorbent material that traps residual ink left on the printhead after printing. That's probably the issue causing the printer to malfunction. I'm not familiar on how to service that component on a Canon, but I've performed that task on an HP G85 OfficeJet and can say that it's a long, messy process. I'll look into the service procedure, and report back to you.

UPDATE - You might be able to reset the ink absorber counter to get the printer working again. check this forum for more information: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/33534

I wouldn't advise trying to open the printer yourself unless you've serviced printers before. Servicing this component is typically more difficult than it should be, and tends to be a pretty messy job.
Thanks Barry! I don't do long and messy (at least for printers anyway...lol) so I will check out the link later and see if it helps....U da MAN!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got in today for sale 5000mah 25c 7.4 v lipos hard case for $44.99 each
Also in today VTA bodies Ford, Chevy ,AMC ,and Dodge. Ten different bodies
Come get them before there all gone.

Bobs Hobbies and Crafts
67 S Briadway
Pitman NJ 08071
856-579-1777

Last edited by dodgeboy; 03-21-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Blast from the past

I've ran into Andy M (sorry I know I'd spell it wrong... badly) a few times in the past year... actually saw him tonight. Was going on about the old 1/8 days at Wagner... I could tell he wants to come back... Lets see if he finds this place... if not I'll have to bring a car into his work... or maybe a fuel bottle... giv im a lil sent
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
I've ran into Andy M (sorry I know I'd spell it wrong... badly) a few times in the past year... actually saw him tonight. Was going on about the old 1/8 days at Wagner... I could tell he wants to come back... Lets see if he finds this place... if not I'll have to bring a car into his work... or maybe a fuel bottle... giv im a lil sent
Wow! It would be cool to get Andy M back at Wagner! Work on 'em Ed....

Did you tell him about this thread?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.