R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Southern Maryland Offroad RC Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/566052-southern-maryland-offroad-rc-racing.html)

kromesoldier 11-06-2011 04:00 PM

Southern Maryland Offroad RC Racing

I created this Thread to help keep in touch with all of the local Racers. To post info on upcoming races, and events in the local area.

kromesoldier 11-06-2011 04:05 PM

indoor offroad track in maryland

As you all know, we have been trying to get everyone together and discuss the building of an indoor offroad rc track right here in southern maryland. There are several of us involved right now. So if anyone is interested please PM or email. Also, the great Tony West is the key contact. He is considered the local pro, and has been racing for a long time. We all respect Tony and have pulled together to help him bring Rc racing to the local scene. So, again, anyone interested, PM or Email.

[email protected]

tony montana 11-06-2011 04:51 PM

So its still on with possible indoor?

kromesoldier 11-06-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by tony montana (Post 9876939)
So its still on with possible indoor?

It's still on the table. I'm waiting to see what Tony wants to do and what we all have to do to help out.

Grand National 11-06-2011 05:53 PM

That would be cool... are you thinking in Waldorf or maybe more Southern?

kromesoldier 11-06-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grand National (Post 9877209)
That would be cool... are you thinking in Waldorf or maybe more Southern?

Waldorf is what we are circling around. But if anyone has another place in mind then by all means speak up

The Slasher 11-08-2011 06:13 AM

I'm in for indoor track we made a trip to an indoor track over the weekend and it was badass.

jetsetter 11-08-2011 06:42 AM

How about closer to the beltway (Clinton, Upper Marlboro --exit 13, or even better Silver Spring :ha:):nod: that would rock!

kromesoldier 11-08-2011 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by jetsetter (Post 9884000)
How about closer to the beltway (Clinton, Upper Marlboro --exit 13, or even better Silver Spring :ha:):nod: that would rock!

It would rock for some of us that's for sure. But I think we are still looking good on the spot here in Waldorf.

Landscaper 11-08-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by kromesoldier (Post 9886876)
It would rock for some of us that's for sure. But I think we are still looking good on the spot here in Waldorf.

Goodluck I hope it happens

trixter91 11-10-2011 05:33 PM

So what has to happen to make an indoor track work? We can do all the electrical and make this a hi tech redneck showdown. TV's heat AC lets do it all inside. Cause Winchester is to far for me to drive Id rather keep the money in town. Driving 2 hours home after 12 hours of racing has to suck.

kromesoldier 12-10-2011 04:08 PM

So I spoke with a friend today. Has a 60,000 sq ft warehouse that he is willing to let me lease. And a couple acres outside that's suitable for an outdoor track
We are suppose to talk numbers on Monday. Boys and girls I can cover the lease but I'm gonna need help getting things set up if everything sounds good next week. So maybe we can have something going next season

kromesoldier 12-16-2011 03:55 PM

Got the ok to start on the indoor track today. I need everyone that is interested to pm me so we can talk about the layout. I'm also gonna need help getting everything built.

Homer Allman 12-17-2011 04:53 AM

How big is the track going to be and where is it located? If you need someone to run the skidloader, I work fairly cheap and have built a track of two.

kromesoldier 12-17-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Homer Allman (Post 10048914)
How big is the track going to be and where is it located? If you need someone to run the skidloader, I work fairly cheap and have built a track of two.

My first measurement was 125 by 75. I'm still trying to convince the only to let us use clay. Carpet is cleaner. Anyways, I'm hoping to set something up so we can demonstrate the interest in offroad Rc in the area. If all goes well, then there is a good chance of running 1/8 scale outside on a track of considerable size.