Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Southern Maryland Offroad RC Racing >

Southern Maryland Offroad RC Racing

Southern Maryland Offroad RC Racing

Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simpson1550
It was just a suggestion and I didn't ask for your opinion. Its people like you that ruin the hobby.
No need to get defensive, based on my comment. Just putting things into perspective for you and the rest of the team. I do not own a track, but I have helped out at quite a few over the past few years in addition to helping out with race directing, etc. I understand everyone wants a track in their backyard. I have one within 5 miles of my house, but I drive and hour and fifteen minutes north to attend a different one twice a week.

Do you plan on holding organized races at the track or just something for practicing? I see track owners all the time trying to figure out why people are not showing up. Well, every time a new one get's added to the list, it just splits the limited number of racers in the hobby. Take last summer for example. Here are the tracks that I can think of that were running within ROAR Region 2: Tiltyard, Awesome RC, Hagerstown, Winchester (ECH), G's, Mushroom Bowl, East Coast in New Jersey, Nuclear, RC Pro, Debies RC Car World, Tony's in Maryland, Lost Creek, Hobby Head Quarters, Vineland, Middle River, Mcculough's, Altoona, Tyrone, RT 281, Blue Diamond etc. I probably missed some.

That is quite a few. Now that lists shows about 20 tracks. Out of 20, at least 6 of those have gone under.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

the guy needed to get defensive, you pretty much laughed at his attempt to help out. he is not trying to open a track himself and maintain a track himself he was offering up a piece of land that was available to be had for racing to the group in southern MD attempting to procure one. The track in Waldorf didnt close per lack of turnout it closed because of legalities.

Quote:

"Bill, my Grandmother has 120 acres, 80 of it is a field with a water supplie. With the exception of hunting season the property is unused. There is plenty of room for parking and it is far enough off the road to where it wouldn't disturb anyone. I know she was leasing it to a hunt club and would probably be willing to lease it for a track as long as everyone is respectful as she does live on the property. The property is roughly 5 mins from Lackey high school to give you an idea of the location. Pm me with any questions."
Old 12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Fella's ease up on Jason, he is cool guy and a good racer. He really is trying to just help. But the truth is in the southern MD area there are alot of racers. And the issue is we dont have a track close to us with in a hour and half drive. We use to have really good turn outs when steve and tony had the archers track, and the old waldorf track was always packed. The newer waldorf track was on its way as well, but it sucks it its shut down. So yeah if we had a track in the southern Md area it would def be good. it gets really old doing lots of traveling
Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Legit or not, it would be nice to have somewhere local to run. It is tough to drive a couple hours to make a race all the time, especially for those of us that work shift work. If all else fails, there's still Tina's. With some good clay and a new track layout Tina's could really be awesome, i've always enjoyed running there. Whatever is decided, I am willing to help out any way possible.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

If it happens I would volunteer a days worth of skidloader operating. Let me know. I've built a track or two.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jason, do you have an X-mas present for me? Are you going to motorama? That would be a fine time to give it to me Sorry to see travis is leaving us.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Ralph,

This is Jason Mackanick. Not sure if your question was meant for someone else because I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
If it happens I would volunteer a days worth of skidloader operating. Let me know. I've built a track or two.
+1 for homer
Old 12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simpson1550
Bill, my Grandmother has 120 acres, 80 of it is a field with a water supplie. With the exception of hunting season the property is unused. There is plenty of room for parking and it is far enough off the road to where it wouldn't disturb anyone. I know she was leasing it to a hunt club and would probably be willing to lease it for a track as long as everyone is respectful as she does live on the property. The property is roughly 5 mins from Lackey high school to give you an idea of the location. Pm me with any questions.
Jason, let's talk. I'm all a out least g a place if needs. Be. But we need to go legit. Whether it be you or I handle credentials and permitting. Call me.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

I just realized, there are two Jason's on here. I am guessing Simpson's is the other.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So the holidays are done and the new year is here so does anyone have any leads on racing for 2012 in charles county.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Last edited by hardhittinz; 07-09-2013 at 06:34 PM.