Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa >

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

Old 10-11-2012, 04:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dekar058
Thats cool you still uave the b4.1; I thought you sold that. So bring that, the mini, and 4wd sct. Mrs. 2tone Tom needss to run the point series.
The b4.1 is the kit I just got, it's the worlds kit. I haven't got it out of the box yet. Figured I would start to build it after the outdoor season. I keep telling the wife the subliminal messages you've been sending to her

By the way... I'll be placing an order soon and wanted to buy another set of indoor tires. What are working for 4wd sct and 2wd buggy?

I've already got ss suburbs for the sct..
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
The b4.1 is the kit I just got, it's the worlds kit. I haven't got it out of the box yet. Figured I would start to build it after the outdoor season. I keep telling the wife the subliminal messages you've been sending to her

By the way... I'll be placing an order soon and wanted to buy another set of indoor tires. What are working for 4wd sct and 2wd buggy?

I like aka vektors ss, but almost everyone run losi bk bars rear and taper pin front in pink compound. 4wd short bus, i ran pretty much everything...dont run that class anymore.

Dekar
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll have a 17.5 truck ready and my 4x4 for Sunday
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone

Tom, I run bk bars (pinks) rear and taper pin (pink) front. For more steering if you need it I like the losi 3rib (pink) on the front. Closed cell in the rear and the foam from the rear bk bars in the front. I did not cut the foams to the width of the tire but was told this is an option also. I used the entire foam.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dekar058
I like aka vektors ss, but almost everyone run losi bk bars rear and taper pin front in pink compound. 4wd short bus, i ran pretty much everything...dont run that class anymore.

Dekar
Thanks Dekar.. I looked into the vektors but I will probably just pick the tapers and bk bars.

Originally Posted by isarctard
Tom, I run bk bars (pinks) rear and taper pin (pink) front. For more steering if you need it I like the losi 3rib (pink) on the front. Closed cell in the rear and the foam from the rear bk bars in the front. I did not cut the foams to the width of the tire but was told this is an option also. I used the entire foam.
Ok, thanks.. I've got some JC bar codes for front and rear that I bought from a used b4 and ran it once. Plus a pair of red taper pins for the rear I got in a trade. Would those do ok? The kit comes with proline holeshot 2.0 M3 for the rear and M3 4-rib for the front. How would those do on the track? I'll probably just pick up the one's you recommended. Thanks again!!

Are these what I want? How do the aka foams hold up?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...y-Tires-Pink-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...y-Tires-Pink-2

Last edited by tom2tone; 10-13-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

tom,
yea those tires will work...as well as proline mc scrubs for the front and mc suburb for the back.super soft aka vectors front n rear if you can find them..
gold barcodes are ok to.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

and yes on the aka closed cells
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks Matt, Do you think the vectors are better than bk bars on the rear and taper pins in the front?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up Compound 2012/2013

Big thanks to the Compound crew!
Had an awesome time running on the new layout yesterday!
A completly toll free night of indoor offroad mayhem! The new layout is longer and more technical, proving to be a complete blast to run on!
Cant wait till the next!

I-Zuk
Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default First day on Winter layout.

Well it was good time for the opening day on the new layout, picture attached that was taken with my phone. Thanks to everyone who showed up. I think everyone found that the new layout is going to be challenging to drive fast. I hope everyone had a good time with the free pass on the track and the food.

The awards went well And I hope everyone enjoys their well earned awards and free goodies.

I contacted a friend that I knew was back in town, on very short notice, and asked him if he would take a few pictures for us. Brett showed up and he brought is camera and some other equipment. He took our podium pictures and then I asked to see what he could do for action shots. "No problem", was the reply. I attached a podium picture and below I placed the link to where anyone can order them. The man has skills. Even with a twenty minute setup, which included his pizza break, this is what he shot:

http://brettcarlsen.photoshelter.com...0006A.lbvl1.E8

Brett is now going to be a part of the Compound crew if people start to use him. He is going to show up at the track for free and take pictures. He will then post them on the above link under the folder for that race. If someone wants rights use for personal stuff they will be pretty cheap. If people want prints you can order them right off of the link. Brett will even offer a deal where he will work with sponsors to get the pictures released properly. I hope you guys support him so he will follow us and support us with pictures if we do so. Let me know what you guys think.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves on Sunday and I hope to see you all soon,

Dekar
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-ss-sct-2wd-open.jpg   The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-2012-winter-layout.jpg  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Default pro pics.

I just wanted to note for anyone who hasnt yet been to the compound about the lighting.
In those pics it looks very dark. I beleave he was using different lighting for a different affect?

Rest assured the facility and track are well lit.

I-Zuk
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
I just wanted to note for anyone who hasnt yet been to the compound about the lighting.
In those pics it looks very dark. I beleave he was using different lighting for a different affect?

Rest assured the facility and track are well lit.

I-Zuk
+1

We had shut all rear lighting off and used his "flash/receiver" setup (probably not what its really called). Rest assured he can make it look like your on the sun or even darker than the other shots. You name it he can do it with pictures.

The three buggy pictures is another technique type shot.

Zuk is right I promise there is light.

Dekar

Last edited by dekar058; 10-15-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Default motors.

Lookin to pickup some more spare motors for the box.
Looking for 8.5,10.5,& 13.5.
If anyone has either there looking to sell let me know.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Default 2wd sct is for sale

Sold

Last edited by Nighthawk; 10-20-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

btw i wanted to chime in on my thoughts of the new layout.I LOVE IT!!!
good Job to Derek and those involved on this very technical and fun layouti highly recommend to come race at the compound and check it out....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.