Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

http://www.rcsoup.com/2012/10/the-co...nother-season/
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks guys! See you soon!

I ran a few laps today, Buggy 2wd, on the new layout and it is really fun. Challenging but, really fun. The track is longer and it seems to be more technical. I hope to have it all done and painted for everyone to abuse and comment on by Sunday.

Dekar
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Derek, I don't think I will be able to make it to the first point series race. I would like to attend this year and still need to convince the wife to let me race every sunday

Will I still be able to precipitate or will that screw me up?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heres a vid of Derek getting his truck muddy.. in the first few laps on the new layout.

Here is a vid of the HERO line on the back stretch..

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Derek, I don't think I will be able to make it to the first point series race. I would like to attend this year and still need to convince the wife to let me race every sunday

precipitate? like rain?

Participate, maybe? lol

Yes we are doing a 5 week series and counting your 4 highest finishes for the standings. Therefore you can miss one week and still PARTICIPATE... haha..

-The Compound
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I kind of liked the idea of having a once a month points race.vs having it an every week thing.has the compound thought about being a roar track?i just recently heard that there will be a roar series race at bumps,ech,and the track....would be pretty cool to have the compound in that mix..also any thoughts of having like a really big race or two in the winter time...like bumps does or like mccoulloughs does...like a race for a cure/cancer of some sort...or come up with another race that maybe a bigger company would sponsor?would be nice to see the compound packed with racers from all over the place.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Tom,

You can still make the last four races and still qualify for awards. We asked open questions about what people wanted to do over the winter and only one person responded. So hopefully you can swing down over the winter, Mrs. Tom2tone please allow Thomas to attend the winter series at the Compound.

Thank you,

Dekar

Originally Posted by morris
I kind of liked the idea of having a once a month points race.vs having it an every week thing.has the compound thought about being a roar track?i just recently heard that there will be a roar series race at bumps,ech,and the track....would be pretty cool to have the compound in that mix..also any thoughts of having like a really big race or two in the winter time...like bumps does or like mccoulloughs does...like a race for a cure/cancer of some sort...or come up with another race that maybe a bigger company would sponsor?would be nice to see the compound packed with racers from all over the place.
Well, we are doing the format of a 5 week series with one drop week. With two weeks of club racing in between each series. We are going to put together a "big race" trophy race on the first week of the second 5 week series. So the second points series we will try a Trophy race and see how many people show up. That trophy race will also be the first week of the second point series for the local racers. We will see how it goes.

As for a Roar race. The Compound wound not qualify as the lanes are 6.5' and 6' which is shy of the 8' requirement as per Roar rule "2.4.2 Surface (lane) widths for each class/scale."

Company sponsors. I have multiple Companies that sponsored the summer series. These companies donated products and gift certificates to the top three overall class winners and participants which we will be handing out on 10/14/2012. The Compound R/C Raceway also gave out free entries to Motorama 2013 for class winners. So the more interest that I have the more we will do. I Hope I have answered your questions.

So get our kits ready, grabs some friends and come to the Compound on Sundays from here on out to have some fun.

Dekar
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

I will see you guys on Sunday, looking forward to it.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by KidFrost
Heres a vid of Derek getting his truck muddy.. in the first few laps on the new layout.

Here is a vid of the HERO line on the back stretch..

precipitate? like rain?

Participate, maybe? lol

Yes we are doing a 5 week series and counting your 4 highest finishes for the standings. Therefore you can miss one week and still PARTICIPATE... haha..

-The Compound

You know what I meant...

Originally Posted by dekar058
Tom,

You can still make the last four races and still qualify for awards. We asked open questions about what people wanted to do over the winter and only one person responded. So hopefully you can swing down over the winter, Mrs. Tom2tone please allow Thomas to attend the winter series at the Compound.

Thank you,

Dekar

Well, we are doing the format of a 5 week series with one drop week. With two weeks of club racing in between each series. We are going to put together a "big race" trophy race on the first week of the second 5 week series. So the second points series we will try a Trophy race and see how many people show up. That trophy race will also be the first week of the second point series for the local racers. We will see how it goes.

As for a Roar race. The Compound wound not qualify as the lanes are 6.5' and 6' which is shy of the 8' requirement as per Roar rule "2.4.2 Surface (lane) widths for each class/scale."

Company sponsors. I have multiple Companies that sponsored the summer series. These companies donated products and gift certificates to the top three overall class winners and participants which we will be handing out on 10/14/2012. The Compound R/C Raceway also gave out free entries to Motorama 2013 for class winners. So the more interest that I have the more we will do. I Hope I have answered your questions.

So get our kits ready, grabs some friends and come to the Compound on Sundays from here on out to have some fun.

Dekar

I think I got the wife to agree to racing the point series. I'll keep ya posted!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dekar058
Tom,

Thank you,

Dekar

Dekar
Dekar,

I would be glad to talk to you further about possible ROAR events and getting the track registered with ROAR. For different levels of events like Level 1 and Level 2, i.e. club racing and series races below a regional championship level we can "adjust" accordingly. We are keeping the series for indoor this year to the 3 tracks which Matt mentioned only because it's our first try and the indoor scene and then we will expand for the following year. We can also arrange regional and state level races with your facility that can be scheduled outside of the series we are running.

Let me know if you would like to talk further about it and we will probably be making the trip up to see you guys again here before the white stuff starts to fall with the 4wd mod buggies.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by isarctard
I will see you guys on Sunday, looking forward to it.

You know what I meant...

I think I got the wife to agree to racing the point series. I'll keep ya posted!
Cool see you guys there!

Originally Posted by jmackani
Dekar,

I would be glad to talk to you further about possible ROAR events and getting the track registered with ROAR. For different levels of events like Level 1 and Level 2, i.e. club racing and series races below a regional championship level we can "adjust" accordingly. We are keeping the series for indoor this year to the 3 tracks which Matt mentioned only because it's our first try and the indoor scene and then we will expand for the following year. We can also arrange regional and state level races with your facility that can be scheduled outside of the series we are running.

Let me know if you would like to talk further about it and we will probably be making the trip up to see you guys again here before the white stuff starts to fall with the 4wd mod buggies.
Jason,

If you guys are looking for another track this year then we should talk. Otherwise we don't know what it will be next year. We could be in a building where we can finally do what we want or staying a small club, business will tell. Let me know email me [email protected].

When you bring the 4wd buggies up let us know so we can bring ours out to play.

Dekar
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

when RC Soup comes in for the Oct 28 race, I want to see some minis!! We'll be testing out the new Atomik RC Brian Deegan Rally car and SCT.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Summer Series final standings.

Here are the following people that NEED to be present for the awards/pictures on 10/14/2012.

SCT 17.5
1st Derek Dekar
2nd Shaun Coyle
3rd Don Hermanowski

SCT 2wd open
1st Derek Dekar
2nd Shaun Coyle
3rd Bruce Hoffman

SCT 4wd open
1st Bruce Hoffman
2nd Brandon Reed
3rd Matt Morris

Buggy 2wd open
1st Brian Roeder
2nd Derek Dekar
3rd Brian Mills

Buggy 4wd open
1st Bruce Hoffman
2nd Derek Dekar
3rd Brian Roeder

Truck 2wd open
1st Derek Dekar
2nd Bruce Hoffman
3rd Don Hermanowski

Novice
1st Jeremiah Clonch
2nd Jim Pazzaglia
3rd Mike Hoyt

Congrats to place winning drivers. We had 48 drivers compete in our 6 month summer series. Congrats to all the driver in red font for winning their respective classes. All of them will be competing at Motorama 2013 paid for by The Compound.

**It should be noted that not one driver had a perfect season, 105 points. There were multiple classes that went right down to the last weekend! **

Thanks for all your support through the summer months. See you all on Sunday for your much deserved weekend off.

Dekar
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by godofcable
when RC Soup comes in for the Oct 28 race, I want to see some minis!! We'll be testing out the new Atomik RC Brian Deegan Rally car and SCT.

Get the mini 8s out run-it and 2tone! These guys want the mini class.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I could break out the mini 8 but I'm going to be too excited to run the b4.1. Still negotiating the point series..
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

I could break out the mini 8 but I'm going to be too excited to run the b4.1. Still negotiating the point series..
Thats cool you still uave the b4.1; I thought you sold that. So bring that, the mini, and 4wd sct. Mrs. 2tone Tom needss to run the point series.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.