Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa >

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim Hustins
Lol. Yeah I still have my Slash. It is one of my favorite classes to run.
+1

Can't wait to see if you and clear our Five pack or the full table extension...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by THE COMPOUND
Thanks for the question. The Compound's stock class will be box stock. The only modifications allowed are you can use the tires, esc or motor from any of the stock rtr brushed kits ie. Slash, blitz, xxx sct as well as 2 cell lipos. No modifications to the motor. You can also use rpm arms and carriers if you wish for durability to help from breakage. As far as the scb, if we get enough of them they will have their own class if not they will run in 2wdthe buggy or novice if your son is new to racing. Any other questions feel free to ask.
as for the scb class. my 8yr old has been racing with me for two years. i'm not sure if i would call him a novice but he is surely not a pro either. if there is not enough scb's for there own class, where would that place him with this vehicle? i just dont want him to be outrunning others in novice simply because he may have more wheel time. i also should note he is running the scb with a traxxas brushless setup as well. not to say he is any better but just the track time alone makes a difference as i'm sure you know. obviously its your call but i just would like to know if maybe i should be thinking a 2wd sc in place of the scb.

thanks!

brian
Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmplus3
as for the scb class. my 8yr old has been racing with me for two years. i'm not sure if i would call him a novice but he is surely not a pro either. if there is not enough scb's for there own class, where would that place him with this vehicle? i just dont want him to be outrunning others in novice simply because he may have more wheel time. i also should note he is running the scb with a traxxas brushless setup as well. not to say he is any better but just the track time alone makes a difference as i'm sure you know. obviously its your call but i just would like to know if maybe i should be thinking a 2wd sc in place of the scb.

thanks!

brian
Hey Brian he would be put in 2wd open with a brushless set up either way. Because if we do get enough scb's for the a class, which I think we will after a couple of weeks they will be a stock class. If he's been racing two years he will be fatser than us anyway lol.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

i dont know if he will be faster than you guys but i will say i spent a lot of time watching him on the track instead of marshalling this past season. there are some days that he just "gets it" and he does everything right and is beating a lot of good drivers. he still has a lot to learn but i can say i wish i had the skills he has when i was 8. we are very excited to run with you all this winter and hopefully at motorama this feb.

brian
Old 11-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default update

I was able to roll the entire track tonight...meaning it is finally drying!

I rolled and shaped the five pack.

It wont be long now
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0376.jpg   The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0378.jpg  
Old 11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

Track looks like it's really coming along great .. looking forward to running soon.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by isarctard
Track looks like it's really coming along great .. looking forward to running soon.
Brian I would call him a pro He always bets me little turd is good Ask him if he will let me win just once
Old 11-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Misfit pres
Brian I would call him a pro He always bets me little turd is good Ask him if he will let me win just once
Its amazing how fast the little guys pick up this sport. Well headed to the track for a little more maintenance right now.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Happy turkey day to you all.looking forward to getting some track time there as everybody else.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by morris
Happy turkey day to you all.looking forward to getting some track time there as everybody else.
+1
Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for the class update. Any idea of when the track will be open for practice and what day of the week racing will be?

As an aside, if there is any opportunity to have access for some "wheel time" during normal business hours M-F that would be great! Sometimes the work schedule works out and an hour or two during the day is ideal.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax Evaders

I've got a three buddies that have Duratrax Evaders. Do they meet the SCT requirements for stock, if they are still "box stock"?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SouthernTier
Thanks guys for the class update. Any idea of when the track will be open for practice and what day of the week racing will be?

As an aside, if there is any opportunity to have access for some "wheel time" during normal business hours M-F that would be great! Sometimes the work schedule works out and an hour or two during the day is ideal.
The track is getting closer picks from last night to follow. I need to get the loop in, install the yellow pipe(when we get it), and finish some small things with the track. Brandon is close with the pits. I will get you guys a for sure open date asap.

For right now we plan on racing sundays and practicing on tuesdays. Depending on the amount of people we may open on other days or race on a tuesdays as well...time will tell.

Let me know if you have anymore questions,
Derek
Old 11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hey guys Bruce and I got a lot of the track done last night. Here are a couple of pics.

Fyi he did take some video of my rough driving with a 2wd buggy last night maybe he will post the video on youtube and then give us the link.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0382.jpg   The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0383.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Evader Class

Hello,

I am one of the "buddies" that SouthernTier mentioned above. There are several people who race on my home track that would be interested in racing at "The Compound". Does anyone know what class the Duratrax Evader would be allowed to run in?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.