Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa >

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerkyb2k3
Just caught wind of this track. Looks pretty nice. What's the 'schedule' for practicing/racing? I'm just south of Elmira, probably 30-35 minutes from Sayre, so not very far at all.
Good deal...they have practice on Tuesday nights..I think it starts at 5....but I'm not 100% sure.
Racing on the other hand is on Sundays...doors open at 10 and racing starts at 12.
Look forward to seeing more faces..
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Business hours

Just caught wind of this track. Looks pretty nice. What's the 'schedule' for practicing/racing? I'm just south of Elmira, probably 30-35 minutes from Sayre, so not very far at all.
Tuesday nights we are open from 6pm to 10pm for open practice. It is $10 for entry and you can run as many kits as you want.

Sunday we open at 10am (open practice) and we start racing at noon. It is $15.00 for your first class and $10.00 for each additional class. We have house transponders, no extra charge, if you don but, if you do any AMB personal should should work.

We do have the following classes:

SCT 2wd stock (rtr brushed kits/parts only)
SCT 2wd 17.5 spec (blinky)
SCT 2wd open
SCT 4wd open
Buggy 2wd open
Buggy 4wd open
Mini
Novice
Kids.

SCT 2wd open, and SCT 4wd open are our most popular classes.

Any more questions? ask.

Hope to see you soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran quite a few times at Thumptown back in 2010, I didn't get over at all last summer, I was just too busy. Now that they've gone 5th scale over there I'll need to find a new home.

Probably have to 'downgrade' the slash 4x4 a little bit I guess in order to qualify for the stock class, as I'm not modded enough to fit in well with the mods. Pretty much the only thing I'd question I guess would be the aluminum shock caps on the stock plastic bodied shocks, center diff vs. slipper, and the aluminum king headz motor mount. Other than that I'm basically stock as it is. I'd have to get different tires, the calibers dont fly from what i've read and the stock traxxas tires suck.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I ran quite a few times at Thumptown back in 2010, I didn't get over at all last summer, I was just too busy. Now that they've gone 5th scale over there I'll need to find a new home.

Probably have to 'downgrade' the slash 4x4 a little bit I guess in order to qualify for the stock class, as I'm not modded enough to fit in well with the mods. Pretty much the only thing I'd question I guess would be the aluminum shock caps on the stock plastic bodied shocks, center diff vs. slipper, and the aluminum king headz motor mount. Other than that I'm basically stock as it is. I'd have to get different tires, the calibers dont fly from what i've read and the stock traxxas tires suck.
I don't follow the traxxas stuff to much.but I'm sure somebody can chime in...either way I promise that you will have fun at the compound.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Watching at motorama motivated me to get stuff ready. Ill be there this Sunday!!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The motor mount is a durability issue, the traxxas had an issue of overheating the main carrier bearing on the spur gear and melting it, causing destruction. The only real performance enhancer I've got that isnt stock would be the center diff, but even that can be argued depending on which model slash4x4 you bought, I guess.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

The motor mount is a durability issue, the traxxas had an issue of overheating the main carrier bearing on the spur gear and melting it, causing destruction. The only real performance enhancer I've got that isn't stock would be the center diff, but even that can be argued depending on which model slash4x4 you bought, I guess.
We don't have a stock 4wd class. We have stock 2wd class. A slash 4wd will fit in fine with the rest of the 4wd class. The huge disadvantage to a stock slash at the compound is just the motor/esc. At The Compound "we like it tight" so this can be an equalizer. We have a guy doing the four pack consistently and doing the table extension when he needs to with a slash. Like everything in RC it is all about the driver. I know of a few guys selling some really nice 4wd mod kits soon...

Like Morris stated...Come down you will have fun.

See you guys Sunday.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default The Compound regualrs at Motorama 2012

Well Motorama 2012 is over. I thought it was a pretty good event overall, compared to 2011. Below is a list of The Compound "regulars" and their results:

Stock buggy 32 drivers down to a "D" main
"Run-it" Reed 30th

Novice 18 drivers, down to a "B" main.
Tyler Vallequette 11th

Expert 1/8 Buggy 54 drivers down to a "G" main.
Brian Roeder 28th

Intermediate 1/8 Buggy 54 drivers down to a "G" main.
Hoffman 31st (with a "E" main win)
Angry Arnold 6th

Intermediate 1/8 Truggy 18 drivers down to a "B" main.
Tom2tone 7th (with a "B" main win)

SCT stock 17.5 58 drivers down to a "H" main.
Hermanowski 34th (with a "E" main bump)
Dekar 13th

SCT 2wd modified 70 drivers down to a "I" main.
"Run-it" Reed 67th
Bencus 61st
Hermanowski 46th
Hoffman 45th
Wilson 44th
Littleton 41st
Dekar 38th
Arnold 27th
Zuk 22nd

SCT 4wd Modified 168 drivers down to "U" main...yea like umbrella.
Vallquette 142nd
"Run-it" Reed 133rd
Reeves 132nd
Littleton 128th
Wilson 118th
Hermanowski 110th
Wilt 109th
Hadlock 108th
Bencus 94th
Dekar 93rd
Zuk 90th
Tom2tone 85th
Hoffman 66th
Angry Arnold 31st

Congratulation to all of you guys. I want to say thank you everyone that helped getting everyone on the track and able to race it is nice when everyone helps each other.

Now, time to get everything clean for this weekend. See you guys there.

Dekar

Last edited by dekar058; 02-21-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
here is a great race with angry arnold. best driving race i have ever been in. no taking each other out and driving away! just awsome back and forth racing to the end.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry was working right in preview.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

that was a great race with Mr Arnold! The best race i was ever in. a battle the whole entire way so close and not taking each other out!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pal00
that was a great race with Mr Arnold! The best race i was ever in. a battle the whole entire way so close and not taking each other out!
That was a good race Paul and Arnold, aka "Angry", kept his composure. The mains were a battle of the track. See you soon.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

hope to see you guys at the showdown!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default great times

had a great time at rama also!
tx everyone for all the help! u guys are great.

Was happy to end up #22 in 2wd mod.

4x4 was a different story, i was screawed from day one Hahahaha.
right from Friday practise i couldnt figure out why my truck kept shutting down, and after changing every part atleast 4times.. the conclusion was made that it was simply haunted! hahaha.
Angry Arnold was awsome enough to let me run my transponder around in his truck for two rounds of qwalifing on sat,
health problems became worse on sunday, and after missing my 4x4 main start by 3/4 of a lap, got in it, ran down the field, up to third, goin for that bumpip spot and the battery dumps. ugh...
Next year rama!!! Next year....im bringin 2 goods eyes and a spare 4x4!!! lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.