Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MARCH 17-20,2005 ROAR ON-ROAD CARPET NATIONALS AT HOBBY CHAMBER

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a question- I don't think I really know any of the local racers there well enough to ask them to drive 45min-1hour to come pick me up at Hartford airport, so how are we going to get from the airport to the track? Rent a car or van? We'll need to carpool if we rent a van cause it costs an arm and a leg for one or two people.

This might be impossible to organize, but what's the chances of someone local renting the van and making a few runs from the airport to the track area depending on arrival schedules adn do the same for departure and we all just divide the bill (set price beforehand) and pay said person when we arrive? That would save quite a bit of money I think. Are the hotels within walking distance?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The hotels are not in walking distance.

You might want to call George at the shop about that car pool/bus thing. You will probably have to chip in for it but he might be able to coordinate something.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jiml
That's what Chris puts up with. I've seen it. It ain't pretty.

Jim - I know. If you only knew what I know about this. I could tell you stories of my daily "putting up" with.....

Chris has made tremendous progress with Region 1 and I will support any endeavor he pursues in the future. I feel as though he has forgotten this is supposed to be fun... which is what happens when you work for a sanctioning body that gives back no positive reinforcement - from the officers or the membership alike. If only every member could step up and do a day of ROAR business work... I think everyone would understand Chris's life on a daily basis....

mine as well....

Not complaining.. I love what I do for ROAR and I have a passion to make a difference... criticism towards the one person in your region who actually does make a difference is what ruins it for all of us..... as does Chris.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 02-02-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 19T

Is 19T a handout or bring your own?

J
Old 01-31-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Bring your own
Old 01-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

There are only 14 entries so far.Where are all the factory teams and drivers? What gives? I thought that there would be many more by now. Is this normal for a national event or just as sign of what the event is going to be like. I know many people have had concerns about some things at the track but I'm sure that the owner will have them all worked out by event time. As far as stools are concered, there is several department and sporting goods stores within a few miles of the track so people can get them localy as well. Just my .02 cents.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default stools and or chairs

chairs are out of the question the pit tables are too high for chairs
as far as the drivers stand being too close they moved the track out from under drivers stand. as far as it goes right now with the nats being like a month away pit space will be the biggest issue.if he gets a full turnout of 250 entries(i think thats the limit he set theyre will be people all over the place). This will be a bad situation for all as far as pits go. Hotels not close enough to pit in your room like we did at cleveland. talk to the guys who go to the region 1 event this weekend well see if theres enough space with 100 people there(talk about tight). and by no way am i puting anyone down here. Maybe roar needs to inspect tracks and set the limitations whether they can hold a big event or not. I think that anyone who opens a track on the northeast should be commended. since there are so little quality tracks. and i am someone who drives too race on avarage over 2 hours.:tire: :rolleyes: :tire:
Old 02-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

This race is going to BLOW!! No chairs, No airport, No outside food, WTF?? No Checks?? Anyone wanna take a guess at what that equals?? No RACERS!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

maybe the track owner and ROAR could take some of the $65 -$70 that ya have to pay to race, or better yet, some of the $$$ that the track will pull in when they make you buy their food and go out and rent some chairs.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, your a funny guy! After a long day of traveling today, I come home to read your posts. Made my day thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default wa wa wa!!!! GEEEZ!

Man does anyone ever just race and enjoy the fact that there is a place to race and not complain about everything.

Far too many have complaints about things. If you want it your way how come more people dont open their own PERFECT track.

if people always walked out with your chairs would you really want to supply chairs at $30 a pop.

Its funny i race at a place every week in the summer where every thing but the track has to be provided by the racer. No one complains. And its the best racing. We have to bring our own tables chairs lights and figure out how to supply electricity. I dont recall once anyone at that place last summer saying anything.

Last edited by Hypnomagic; 02-02-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah but that place isnt holding a nationals. The nats should be held in the premier tracks in the country but the only problem with that most of the premier tracks want nothing to do with Roar.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hypno....people walk out with the chairs? that sounds like a silly thing to swipe, its kinda hard to steal a chair with no one seeing it being done. Fact is this track is holding the nats and is the host track. I would hope that means that they will provide the things that racers need to race.. pits, chairs, power, tech, bathrooms ect... it might be true that you dont need all of those things to race, but...this is a national race, not your weekend club race. People are comming from all over the country for this race and not everyone that is comming to this race can bring a chair or stool.

Last edited by Dr. Pididiot; 02-02-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

If I get my way and we'll have a premier place on LI to race in the near future.... Both indoors and outdoors.... The biggest hurdle is what people want for rent on a large enough building.....
Old 02-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dr. Pididiot
Hypno....people walk out with the chairs? that sounds like a silly thing to swipe, its kinda hard to steal a chair with no one seeing it being done. Fact is this track is holding the nats and is the host track. I would hope that means that they will provide the things that racers need to race.. pits, chairs, power, tech, bathrooms ect... it might be true that you dont need all of those things to race, but...this is a national race, not your weekend club race. People are comming from all over the country for this race and not everyone that is comming to this race can bring a chair or stool.
Did you call Hobby Chamber to talk about this or is complaining here easier?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.