Motorama 2011 1/8th Scale Rumor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorama 2011 1/8th Scale Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Initiate

LETS JUST RACE SOMEWHERE AND NOT WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I heard that the Wu-tang and Shaolin clans could be dangerous!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

As I understand, a spectator had to be taken to the hospital due to smoke inhalation. NOT GOOD!! Not good for Motorama, racers, or our hobby in general as far as public relations go. Motorama is held as much if not more for the fans as it is for the racers. As other people have said, it is difficult to spend more than 5 minutes in that arena with the nitro smoke. Logic tells me that that isn't good for anyone, let alone some fan trying to enjoy the show. With an rc event as big and exciting as motorama, I could easily see the seats packed were it not for the unhealthy air quality. If the rumors hold true and nitro is removed, I can imaging having 100 times the number of spectators watching and more importantly enjoying the show. I can remember 15 to 20 years ago watching motorcross in the large arena through a light blue haze. Now that 4 strokes have taken over I enjoy the show much more---no more wheezing and watering eyes!! Evolution and change is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm willing to bet that a good many nitro guys that ran at Motorama ran e-buggy/truggy anyway. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against nitro, but no one wins when that many nitro cars run indoors for 3 days straight!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boss429
As I understand, a spectator had to be taken to the hospital due to smoke inhalation. NOT GOOD!! Not good for Motorama, racers, or our hobby in general as far as public relations go. Motorama is held as much if not more for the fans as it is for the racers. As other people have said, it is difficult to spend more than 5 minutes in that arena with the nitro smoke. Logic tells me that that isn't good for anyone, let alone some fan trying to enjoy the show. With an rc event as big and exciting as motorama, I could easily see the seats packed were it not for the unhealthy air quality. If the rumors hold true and nitro is removed, I can imaging having 100 times the number of spectators watching and more importantly enjoying the show. I can remember 15 to 20 years ago watching motorcross in the large arena through a light blue haze. Now that 4 strokes have taken over I enjoy the show much more---no more wheezing and watering eyes!! Evolution and change is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm willing to bet that a good many nitro guys that ran at Motorama ran e-buggy/truggy anyway. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against nitro, but no one wins when that many nitro cars run indoors for 3 days straight!!!
Well said! +1!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

ya know.....if they can have TRUCK AND TRACTOR pulls in there then why is nitro such a big deal....are the diesel/gas fumes any less leathal..?? how do they ventilate such an event...?????
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/ea...tonenationals/

and even the smaller tractors must put a bunch of fumes out....
http://www.farmshow.state.pa.us/Pres....aspx?PRID=133
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

and, even though they have two "arenas" at the complex, i would have to imagine that the "larger" one, where the nitro event is, would be the one that the tractors would pull in.......the arena where they do the motocross is smaller.......that one has better ventilation, i guess........
Old 09-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Your truck and tractor events are not 2 stroke engines therefore the amount of burnt oil in the air is far less. Also you have one engine running for maybe 5 seconds at a hard full throttle pull. Compare that to a minimum of 10 1/8 scale vehicles running continuously for 10 plus hours!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Apparently most of you guys that are bashing on the nitro guys and taking up for the motocross and tractor.guys have never been real close to any of the above forms of racing. A lot of these guys are running oxygenated fuel now because it makes more power. Have any of you ever been around this fuel in the new 4 strokes? I personally use oxygenated fuel in my quads and I can tell you its 100 times worse than any nitro fuel. So the way I see it is this forum has became nothing more than a bash fest for uneducated people that have no clue weather we the nitro racer will be racing at motorama or not!!! This forum wasn't started for opinions or to bash the nitro or electric guy is was to see if anyone can answer the question. Will we race or not? I run electric and nitro but I can tell you if there's no nitro I will not be going.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pizza
Apparently most of you guys that are bashing on the nitro guys and taking up for the motocross and tractor.guys have never been real close to any of the above forms of racing. A lot of these guys are running oxygenated fuel now because it makes more power. Have any of you ever been around this fuel in the new 4 strokes? I personally use oxygenated fuel in my quads and I can tell you its 100 times worse than any nitro fuel. So the way I see it is this forum has became nothing more than a bash fest for uneducated people that have no clue weather we the nitro racer will be racing at motorama or not!!! This forum wasn't started for opinions or to bash the nitro or electric guy is was to see if anyone can answer the question. Will we race or not? I run electric and nitro but I can tell you if there's no nitro I will not be going.
It is sad when every forum turns to bashing.... I also run nitro and E ... And doubt I make the trip for just electric... I have been to more supercrosses than I can count and I have yet to be at one that was smoke free or breather friendly ....
Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

who's bashing?.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

We live in litigious times and I wouldnt put it past someone to file suit against Motorama for "respiratory damage" plus "pain and suffering"...... nowadays ppl sue for anything
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, I'm not intentionally bashing anyone. I enjoy all types of racing. The facts as I understand them are that someone went to the hospital due to smoke inhalation while watching the nitro races. To the best of my knowledge electric buggies/truggies do not produce smoke (intentionally ). Therefore nitro is rumored to be removed from the program to prevent future occurances.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

shouldn't everyone wait for an official announcement, or are we all starved for conflict and unneccessary drama.

btw, if i had to guess, they will probably race 600cc micro sprint in that building. kinda like the chili bowl

just a guess.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default +100 brian

Originally Posted by UncleStudweiser
Sounds like you need 2 gas masks. The regular one and the one that fits up your skirt.
damn dude your a lil cry baby.. it will be a huge hit for the sport in this region,there was evryone who was something in the game at that event.. it will be really sad if this is true because we finally get a chance to mingle and be around top pros without going across the country, and not to mention making contacts for sponsorships... it may cost a few bucks to be at motorama but it was worth every dollar in my book..
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Talking release

Originally Posted by UncleStudweiser
Sounds like you need 2 gas masks. The regular one and the one that fits up your skirt.
Originally Posted by boss429
sign a damn release or dont go,.. rc means much more to the racers than spectators,and where does the cash come from?? not spectators,racers.. you shpould onle be able to enter from the pit doors,by the big hallway,,... if you lock the doors by the other events no spectators will even walk around to watch.. MOTORAMA PLEASE,it was my first year last year and it was a blast.. i went to midwest champs at rc facory in ohio and was 1/10 the size of mototrama and you dealt with it or you didnt go... hope it gets worked out,because not for nothing electric is ok but not much different than the sound of crickets at night... BORING!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.