Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships

Proving Grounds Raceway is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships on September 24, 2011. We will be releasing all the details for this event in the next few days. Make sure to mark your calendars, save the date, make your travel plans and get out and race with us!

More information will be available here, and on our web site as it becomes available. www.TeamVirusRacing.com
Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Indoors?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would think that if the weather permits outdoors and if bad then indoors but don't quote me on that.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Plan is to run it on the outdoor track. If the weather gets nasty for some reason, we can run it on the indoor track. But at that time of year, I hope to see good temps, sunshine and perfect race weather.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys, will there be a limit on entries for this race? Thanks. Looks good and plenty time to make plans.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Guys, will there be a limit on entries for this race? Thanks. Looks good and plenty time to make plans.
I do not anticipate a cut off, we can run 300+ entries through in a full day of racing. Plus if it goes into the night, we have one of the best outdoor lighting set ups of any track you will ever visit.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Once you get everything set. Can you please give out information on hotels in your area. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

will this regional be only for 10scale?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B4wires2
Once you get everything set. Can you please give out information on hotels in your area. Thanks.
We have so many out of town visitors that we already have that information on our web site. All of the hotels listed here are within 5 miles of the track. There are also a few campgrounds listed. Here is the link:

http://teamvirusracing.com/node/878

Did you come to the ROAR Regional back in 2008 by chance? We had a large group of guys from WI come to the event that year. Was a fricken blast! New track, new facility, but still the same two guys putting the event on.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nv529
will this regional be only for 10scale?
Electric only, but we will run 1/8th scale buggy and truggy also. All things electric.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U
We have so many out of town visitors that we already have that information on our web site. All of the hotels listed here are within 5 miles of the track. There are also a few campgrounds listed. Here is the link:

http://teamvirusracing.com/node/878

Did you come to the ROAR Regional back in 2008 by chance? We had a large group of guys from WI come to the event that year. Was a fricken blast! New track, new facility, but still the same two guys putting the event on.
Thanks for the info. If that race in 2008 was held at Battle Creek if I'm not mistaken. Then Yes I was there with the WI guys. I would beleive the same group will be going again.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info. If that race in 2008 was held at Battle Creek if I'm not mistaken. Then Yes I was there with the WI guys. I would beleive the same group will be going again.
Close, it was called Battle Front. That was a good time.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nickmax
Close, it was called Battle Front. That was a good time.
Your right thank you on that. Yes I was one of those Wi guys that raced that race. I was just starting to get back into racing R/C cars again after a 10 year beak. That was my first big race plus Roar event. That was a lot of fun. I beleive it was real hot that weekend. I came in second last in the last heat of mod buggy. lol very nice track. This time I'm not looking at take second last. But I'm looking at having a lot of fun.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Your right thank you on that. Yes I was one of those Wi guys that raced that race. I was just starting to get back into racing R/C cars again after a 10 year beak. That was my first big race plus Roar event. That was a lot of fun. I beleive it was real hot that weekend. I came in second last in the last heat of mod buggy. lol very nice track. This time I'm not looking at take second last. But I'm looking at having a lot of fun.
Awesome, I thought that B4wires2 looked familiar. Will be great to see you guys out again. Yes, the last ROAR race we had up here was one of the best I have ever been to. Tons of fun and lots of great racing.

Lots of things have changed in the last couple years. Mostly just the new track, still the same people involved in most of it. Uncle E and I were the two who ran the last ROAR race. Since then, Uncle E purchased a new facility and has made it into one of the nicest tracks you will ever get to visit. I have attached a few images of the indoor and outdoor driver stands and tracks, and also the huge indoor pit area. Going to be a great time.

If you guys need anything, just let me know. Happy to help out with anything I can.
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships-indoor-drivers-stand.jpg   ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships-indoor-pit-area.jpg   ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships-indoor-track-100-x-80.jpg   ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships-outside-drivers-stand-announce-tower.jpg   ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships-outdoor-track.jpg  

Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. What would be a must have tire for the track? 2wd buggy and short bus. Also maybe 4wd short bus.. thanks again guys looking forward to this. Typical roar entry fees I assume?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.