Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
ROAR 1:8 Scale Electric Nationals - Omaha, NE >

ROAR 1:8 Scale Electric Nationals - Omaha, NE

ROAR 1:8 Scale Electric Nationals - Omaha, NE

Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ROAR 1:8 Scale Electric Nationals - Omaha, NE

Guys, if any of you are planning to attend this race, the time to sign up is now. Roar is getting a little ansy about the signups so far. This is not a race that you can enter the day of.

www.2011hobbyplexroarnats.com

Thanks!
Alex
Old 08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the ROAR 1:8 Electric Nationals that will take place Sept 8-11 at the HobbyTown USA Hobbyplex in Omaha, NE!

Online sign up is now! Please remember that you need to be a ROAR member to sign up and it must be valid through the event.

We have a special website for the race at www.2011hobbyplexroarnats.com that will have information and updates as we get closer; including the race sponsors, pictures, videos, post race results, etc...

You can download the race flyer which has the schedule, and hotel information.

The big news is that this race will be indoor.

Our new 15,000 square foot buiding will have 16 garage doors on all 4 sides that will remain open in the warm months, but give us the ability to have winter racing as well. We wanted to keep an outdoor feel while having the ability to close up if needed.

Our current 160x80 foot track will not change in size.

What this means for the nats is no worries about the weather and a consistant race surface.

We have 175 4-foot pit spaces inside the main building next to the carpet track with full power. Each row is on its own fuse. There is no rental fee for pitting and chairs are provided.

We also hope that our sponsors will take advantage of our space and create a manufacturers row on the carpet track for product displays, support, etc...

We have wireless internet, although it gets a little slow when everyone is on liverc. We will have a large screen with live scoring in the pit area.

Our hobbystore is loaded with stuff you need and whole lot that you don't, but would be cool to have. We have parts support for almost every mainstream vehicle out there. Of course we'll be fully stocked with all the consumables like tires, oils, pinions, motors, esc's, servos, etc....

Here are a few videos from previous races including the Jconcepts spring nats. Our track will definately be a lot more like this years wet track rather than last years dry track.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Here are the updated pics as of today. The "shell" is almost all done. There's been a lot of concrete work within the last week as well. They were also moving and grinding the dirt today, getting it ready for me to put a track in. The sides and roof will start Wednesday.

The entries have started to pic up as I thought they might.

Despite the rumors, there are no worries about this race being cancelled, so sign up and look forward to a great event. Any questions about that you can call the store directly. (402) 498-8888

I have some race sponsor info to add to the site. Thanks to Novak, Spektrum, Team Associated, and Thunder Power; with more on the way. We should have some pretty good giveaways for the event.

I'm getting the proofs for the Free event t-shirts soon and once I have the final design, I'll get that up, too.

I'm really looking forward to the actual track construction.

Any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!