Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Long Island Raceway & Hobby, Lindenhurst, NY >

Long Island Raceway & Hobby, Lindenhurst, NY

Long Island Raceway & Hobby, Lindenhurst, NY

Old 07-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Long Island Raceway & Hobby, Lindenhurst, NY

i know a lot of you may not know me, i raced at LIR when it was 110 and also on conklin. i have been reading a lot of what has been said on here, i figured it was time to start a new thread for Don and those who are interested in finding out some more information on the new track. I can only guess Don would welcome any and all feedback from anyone willing to help with the construction of a new racing facility.

As far as the tracks construction, i would like to see a 10th scale version of the track in chaplin......green infields always look good and the yellow pipes make it easier to see. I think for some lighting may have been an issue at conklin, i know it was for me in some areas
Old 07-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for the new thread now we can separate anything that has to do with a new track from the other forums I will be back in new york on the 11th and be available on the 13th for discussion and pre planning for the new track I will look for everyone's feedback in regards to the setup of the new track whatever it takes to be the most professional track in the tristate area is what we're gonna make. this means getting all the information from lessons learned from the surrounding tracks in this area I look forward to everyone's input
Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tracking! I can't wait. I will be getting back into the racing groove at Gallimods on Sundays until the new LIR is a go.

Anyone going to the Crispy Critters race Saturday? I think I may head out there to christen the new 22 and MF2 SC conversion.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

i figured it was time for a new thread and its a good way to get feedback from everyone as to what they may want to see in a new track. i got the itch to start racing again after being away from it for about 2 years and im glad to see we will have racing on the island again. i will try to give as much hands on help at the track with the build as i can as im sure a lot of racers will be happy to help also
Old 07-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Donspeed;9358206]thanks for the new thread now we can separate anything that has to do with a new track from the other forums I will be back in new york on the 11th and be available on the 13th for discussion and pre planning for the new track I will look for everyone's feedback in regards to the setup of the new track whatever it takes to be the most professional track in the tristate area is what we're gonna make. this means getting all the information from lessons learned from the surrounding tracks in this area I look forward to everyone's input[/QUOTE

You will get a lot of help from the former lir racers, were all itching for a track and you will get lots of help labor wise and descision wise. Well discuss this when your get back
Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is there an address for the new track location?

Im looking forward to this indoor track as well as the outdoor in Manorville.

Im assuming this will be an electric only track. hopefully designed for 1/10 Short Course, and are you planning on being a hobby shop as well or just racing?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer83l

Im assuming this will be an electric only track. hopefully designed for 1/10 Short Course, and are you planning on being a hobby shop as well or just racing?
i can only assume since it will be in an 8,000 sq ft building it will be for 10th scale....as far as a hobby shop, i can only guess that it will have a hobby shop. its hard to have a track alone without a hobby shop, they have to support each other in order to survive and you have to support your shop to have a track
Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Powers
i can only assume since it will be in an 8,000 sq ft building it will be for 10th scale....as far as a hobby shop, i can only guess that it will have a hobby shop. its hard to have a track alone without a hobby shop, they have to support each other in order to survive and you have to support your shop to have a track
isnt an 8000sq ft building about the pitting part and track part of lir?
Old 07-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have no idea and i could be wrong about the 8,000 sq ft, i thought thats what i had read someplace but i could be wrong
Old 07-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Powers
i have no idea and i could be wrong about the 8,000 sq ft, i thought thats what i had read someplace but i could be wrong
pretty sure he posted on another thread saying that i think the same
Old 07-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think a good idea might be to form some sort of meeting in the new building, everyone can toss out ideas and talk things out insead of typing things here and waiting for a reply. one person could look at the building and say "what if you do this" someone else could see it different or improve on that idea. i think with everyones input this could be one of the nicest and most professional tracks in the tristate area
Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just throwing this out there, how about a website for the new place with race updates and stuff
Old 07-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

both ideas are good and the talk about things to do would be cool since everybody gets input, just make sure the layout is fun!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

a website with race updates and possibly a live web cam of the track would be cool.....vinelands site is pretty good, they have pics, track records and linda does a weekly race report
Old 07-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, its the 11th. Hope the trip was fun.

Now lets get this thing going.

Don, is this going to be a full time job, or a hobby for yourself??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.