Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Island Raceway & Hobby, Lindenhurst, NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Don't let them rattle your cage Don.

Originally Posted by Gamehendge
Don, first off, you're the man for even trying. Don't let some posts get you down. The majority of the people here are very appreciative of what you are trying to do. I for one am very patient, and look forward to the day that your goal comes to fruition.

Keep on truckin'

Thank you!

-Adam
I second Adam's encouragement Don. I'm not much longer in the hobby/sport than you, nor have I ever been to LIR, and don't even have a 1/10 off road (other than a Rustler - but I wouldn't count that race-able). But my son and I have been immensely enjoying bashing on and off road, and some casual on-road racing this summer with the Deer Park guys (1/10, 1/8, 1/5 scale GT/touring). And like many, have dumped way too much $$ into this crazy addicting thing called RC cars in the short time my son and I have been in it.

I just want to say - if you build it - we will come. I'll sell some equipment to fund whatever spec your track will support, and be happy to give you our patronage. I just found out about your project, found this thread & read the whole thing.

I too am an entrepreneur, so I completely get what you're up against, and all of the due diligence, strategy, planning, and risk assessment that you've had to undertake to get to this point. I applaud you for sticking in there, and marching forward - even in the face of a few that have given you perhaps a little self serving advise, or petty complaints, or silly criticisms on an online forum for heavens sake. You have to make this work for you - and of course in the process, put together a course that will spawn loyal paying customers (IE. RC Addicts like me), that keep coming back for more.

Take your time (but not too long - LOL), do it right (work with those you trust and that support you), and more power to you buddy! We'll be there when you're ready.

Mark
Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

I do not have electric but I have a couple buddies that are encouraging me to buy one . If you build up the track I will go. Even if is with a RTR SC truck
Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default WHat!

yo derik i never knew you were at the wolrds

looks like somebody got your scheme

maybe its just me but this looks just like yours lol
Attached Thumbnails Long Island Raceway & Hobby, Lindenhurst, NY-screen-shot-2011-10-05-3.51.22-pm.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default LI update

Thanks for the support from a few of the last posts.

I spoke to Todd at RCExcitement for an hour today and he is going to mentor me through the process of getting my track and business up and running with as few problems as possible. Much of our discussion was comical as it relates to how little people know about starting this business, the regulations and the do's and don'ts. . He is very helpful and will continue to advise me accordingly. NY is a very difficult state in regards to the health department. I have already received the proper advice in this regard and it should have little or no impact on opening. I have already arranged to have the 100 yards of clay processed and certified and it should be completed by the end of next week.

FYI, it took Todd nine (9) months to open RC Excitement. With his help and advice we should be opening our doors on schedule.

Don
Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Cant wait,in the end I'm sure it will be so worth it.Good luck and see you on opening day.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donspeed

I spoke to Todd at RCExcitement for an hour today and he is going to mentor me through the process of getting my track and business up and running with as few problems as possible. Much of our discussion was comical as it relates to how little people know about starting this business, the regulations and the do's and don'ts. . He is very helpful and will continue to advise me accordingly. NY is a very difficult state in regards to the health department. I have already received the proper advice in this regard and it should have little or no impact on opening. I have already arranged to have the 100 yards of clay processed and certified and it should be completed by the end of next week.

FYI, it took Todd nine (9) months to open RC Excitement. With his help and advice we should be opening our doors on schedule.

Don
Great news! You've got my support as well
Old 10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mahak2137
+ 2 .
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mahak2137
good run last night at critters champ lol
Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Don
Todd is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and his facility is top notch. I have not ran on too many tracks but I consider his surface to be the best indoor I have ever ran on. Stays consistant throughout the day.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool will support...

Don
Good luck Don, I haven't been to LIR since they have closed. So if u build it i will race their so keep up the fire to open and start this track up.....
Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Don
Dont listen to all the B.S. from the nay sayers
Believe me theres more of it than help.
Once we close down for the winter if I can help you out just give me a call
Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by li racer
good run last night at critters champ lol
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Don
Awesome!! I was going to sell my stuff and get out but It looks like I have a reason to hold on........... cant wait for this track.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

We're holding the 2011 Grand Prix at RCHR this year again, so while you're waiting for the new LIR to open, come on up and race with us....

Hey Don,

We're pulling for you sir, the whole region can't wait for the LIR guys to have a new home.....wish you guys the best, and you can count me in for the Grand Opening race...

Last edited by tecniquin2001; 10-09-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Li update

I just wanted to say thanks for the support.

I know everyone wants to run and everyone is frustrated. Don't think for a second that I am any different and I appreciate all the comments good or bad and the support.

I will be sitting down with several different landlords representing different buildings that I've evaluated including Lindenhurst and should finalizing the details and possibly execute a lease by weeks end. The only reason I'm still looking at buildings is many people have asked me to secure a location much closer to the LIE and northern state to make traveling from the west much easier. These people account for the majority of the people who have been helping me so I can't turn my head to their requests and I happen to agree with them. In addition the buildings I've seen that are farther north have all been 10-12,000sq.ft. which gives me more options.

The dirt is being processed and should be certified by weeks end as well. I am sending a sample to Todd at Rc excitement so he can give his opinion as well just to confirm what many others have already stated regarding the chosen clay, that it is an all around good choice for indoor 1/10 scale.

Carl, I will call you this week for some logistics and timing to help me understand a realistic build out schedule. I've been approved for my parts accounts at the various suppliers which took 4 weeks in and by itself.

If I sign the lease this week or next I will be holding a drivers meeting to discuss startup which will probably be practices for a few weeks and then racing.

Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.