Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Las Vegas HobbyTown Race With My TL-01 >

Las Vegas HobbyTown Race With My TL-01

Las Vegas HobbyTown Race With My TL-01

Old 09-15-2001, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Las Vegas HobbyTown Race With My TL-01

I raced my TL-01 last night under the lights and it went VERY well! EVERYONE in stock class was running a TC3. I was using a Reedy MVP Plus in my TL-01. Everyone at the track kept commenting on my car saying how quick and nice it was.

Practice - My car was right behind the nitros the whole time and i was one of the fastest electic cars on the track. This guy i met there had a TC3 with a 19t and i smoked him on straight aways and he caught up on turns. I wreck on the stright away becasue someone clipped my quarter panel and i spun around flipped over and my battery flew cleanly out and slide across the track! My chassis just kept tumbling to a stop. My shrink wrap was all janky afterwards.

Heat 1 - My car was one of the fastest cars in Sportsman Stock. It was a very competitive race and i was in the middle of the pack...i kept my distance between the leaders until they wrecked then i'd floor it and hold my lead. I had one wreck and the marshall was to slow so i finished 3rd.

Heat 2 - It was like the first heat but ALOT more wrecks. I got caught in 3 pile ups and the marshall stepped on my car so i finished 3rd again

A-Main - This was one VERY hard race. Everyone was using their best electronics. Everyone kept wrecking in in the first 3 or 4 laps and i got caught up in 4-5 piles ups. I was in the middle/rear of the pack to whole time so the leads lapped me and were VERY fast. I eventually took advantage of the leaders mistakes and worked my way up from 8th places up to 5th and finished the race. I picked up my car and my CLK DTM body had paint flaking off on the front and i have a bent chassis.

It was a very fun race and i'll take pics later!