Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
CRCRC Baja 500 - May 14, 2011! >

CRCRC Baja 500 - May 14, 2011!

CRCRC Baja 500 - May 14, 2011!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up CRCRC Baja 500 - May 14, 2011!

Inaugural CRCRC Baja 500 - Cancelled

Race Info:
500 Lap race at CRCRC - Hilliard, OH
May 14, 2011 - Cancelled
Entry Fee - $15/racer with max $45 for team of any size
Doors open at 8am for Test-n-Tune and Dial-in
Driver meeting at 11:30am
CRCRC Baja 500 starts at Noon.

The Race Rules
• The race will be a 500 lap race. The breakout lap speed for this race will be 22s. Laps shorter than 22s will not be counted towards total. First team to 500 qualifying laps is declared winner.
• The first three positions will run until they reach 500 laps, once the third place team has been determined, the race will be over.

Team and Car Rules
• Must have a named team consisting of a minimum of 3 members (4 member teams are recommended. Maximum of 12 teams)
• Each team will use ONE house transponder. In the event of a transponder failure the race will be paused until transponder can be replaced. Drivers will be called to front straight and remain there until race resumes.
• 1/10th scale 2WD vehicles only: (2WD Buggy, 2WD Truck or 2WD SCT)
• Each team must attend 1 assigned turn marshal position throughout the race (tag in, tag out)
• All team members will be required to rotate drivers and vehicles (no back to back runs). Example order: (Drive, Pit, Marshal, Backup)
• Must hard case 2S batteries (6000mah maximum)

General Rules

Pit Row
There will be a pit row for vehicle swap out. Pit row must be used for transponder changes. Pit row will be located near the double doors to pit area.

If you break on the track
The marshal will put your vehicle on the side of the track. The team must take the broken vehicle to pit row and swap transponder before next vehicle can leave.

Penalties
All penalties for rule violations will be at the discretion of CRCRC event organizers. If a team has been identified and confirmed for breaking a rule they will be penalized laps. Continual disregard for the rules may result in elimination from the event. Teams are expected to know and understand all rules before the race starts.

Racing goal
Since this is an endurance race, the goal is to complete the set number of laps first. As there will be different skill sets on the track at any given time, driver courtesy is expected. Intentional blocking or hacking will not be tolerated. If a team has been identified as being a ‘problem’ they will be assessed penalty. Drivers are recommended to change in a maximum of 10 minute intervals. The announcer will notify driver at each 10 minute window.

Special Assistance
Teams having special needs will be allowed to have additional members to assist with driver changes and marshaling. Teams with drivers needing assistance to/from stand will be allowed to have two drivers on the stand during transitions.

Racers will be on the Honor System just like a typical race day. Rules will be enforced when brought up by fellow racers or if noticed by CRCRC admin. Racers are encouraged to abide by the rules so as to make the event fun for everyone.

FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SIGN-UP CLICK HERE: Official CRCRC Baja 500 Thread

Last edited by thebbbrain; 05-06-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Awesome, come on though no 4wd??? LoL Good luck hope you guys get another great turn out!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
Awesome, come on though no 4wd??? LoL Good luck hope you guys get another great turn out!
LOL No 4x4s. We will allow any 2wd 1/10 scale that is normally run on our track. The 4x4s are just too big and menacing to be out there with potential buggies. LOL

Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebbbrain
LOL No 4x4s. We will allow any 2wd 1/10 scale that is normally run on our track. The 4x4s are just too big and menacing to be out there with potential buggies. LOL

In a real Baja race, there are motorcycles running with the trophy trucks...tell those woosies to sack up!!!!

I might try to get a team together if it was ONLY SCT's, but the disparity of speeds between a 2wd buggy and a sct will make for some pretty unfair racing
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ridley
In a real Baja race, there are motorcycles running with the trophy trucks...tell those woosies to sack up!!!!

I might try to get a team together if it was ONLY SCT's, but the disparity of speeds between a 2wd buggy and a sct will make for some pretty unfair racing
This is why there is a break out time. This will even out the playing field for all entrants. No stacked teams! LOL If you go too fast it won't count.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't wait for this race

Having a breakout lap in offroad racing is going to be very interesting. Pretty easy to get close to the breakout lap time in an on-road race but there are WAY too many variables in off-road!! This will make for some fun close racing.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This sounds like a lot of fun ....
Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if i may throw in my .02 since i love enduros more than any other type of rc event and actually would try and see if i could make this (granted we have a 5hr SCT enduro the wk b4 at pitstop hobbies in mount joy, pa)...

...idk where the 10min driver change thing came from, but u see it pop up in consideration for many proposed enduro events. honestly, ur better off without it, like many aspects its better on the honor system. the stuff sorts itself out and trust me people learn to see when they've been up there too long and actually hurt their teams performance. but the big thing is that its another huge task for race control to have to monitor. at that point they should even be experiencing the fun of a great event. i've had folks say well we will force every1 off stand so a change is forced. well racers say that its a bit of a farce b/c well u dont see that in a real race and worse yet i have personally seen where those 'marching orders' is ALWAYS 10 guys runnin off the stand to hand to next guy coming on (whether single car or multi-car) and in 1 case a radio was knocked innocently outta a driver's hand and destroyed.

ask the drivers to abide by the honor system and jump out at a battery change or when they need relief if beforehand.

if i cant make this great idea at this great venue (many many of my PA buddies go out there for MW champs and i would have if not for being low on vacation), enjoy it!!!

i'd also extend an invite to you all in late august for the 2nd annual 24 hours (yes thats right) of jackson in jackson, nj. its onroad yes, but handout cars (u build onsite before race) that are very simple thus every1 can play. a real hoot indeed.

have fun

R
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Drivers in this event will not be required to change every 10 minutes. We included this provision simply to notify racers when 10 minutes is. It is suggested that racers change at this time, but will not be required. All racers on a given team are required to rotate through the positions.

This provision was also included in the interstate of battery safety and to help racers that are distracted from the excitement of the race know how long they've been out there in that it's time to change batteries.

As you've mentioned this will be on the honor system. If serious infractions/deviations from the outlines so as to provide an unfair advantage to one team, then said team may be penalized upon notification of event organizers.

Hopes to be a great time!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cool deal indeed, at worst i look forward to some video and info postings on it!!!

R
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Two weeks left!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Just a couple spots left.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.