Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soooo...No onroad in MD/DC this year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Soooo...No onroad in MD/DC this year?

I took a sabbatical from racing when my daughter was born, just before my home track got crazy (301). Most of the guys in the area that wanted to run nitro either went north to Blue Diamond or south to Richmond last year. I'm going to do my best to get to each track at least once this year, but I know I can't make it a regular thing just yet (Sophia is still a bit of a handfull for wifey alone). But if there were any plans to do any local running I could probably get some run. As it stands, I'm rusty as all outdoors. Last race I was in was the last Classic, and my Mugen probably hasn't seen asphalt in close to 18 months. I can't quite switch to electric (don't have the resources to upgrade my electronics or get a new car). Same for offroad, unless they're running monster trucks. I haven't sold any of my onroad stuff, and don't really plan on it. But I would like to fire up that JP this year. Any news, rumors, ideas, etc?

And shoutout to all my 301 crew too. I'm still around, just playing family man full time it seems!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

1/8 or 1/10. i know most go to NoVA or to Blue Diamond as you said. not sure if glen burnie will still be allowed to run 1/10s if they show up (bit of a bullring, but still fun racing). its rough out there, and you guys have it rougher than most.

rug is coming to middle river, but that'll be 12 scale and some touring. and of course electric which u've stated isnt in the cards just yet.

Its real tough in MD if ur interested in nitro onroad (u) or electric offroad (me). ugh.

R
Old 03-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ult--The Track has been running off-road all season...albeit on asphalt with jumps. But once the race starts, you forget it is not dirt, till you don't have to clean the buggy/truck.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Ult--The Track has been running off-road all season...albeit on asphalt with jumps. But once the race starts, you forget it is not dirt, till you don't have to clean the buggy/truck.
i know, i made it down there once (and won ). lil rough on equip. but what isnt. and they make a good show and kudos to them on it. and u still have to clean. just like the onroad boys u pick up stuff and grindin those tires down on the asphalt flings a lotta fun stuff heh.

R
Old 03-31-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll head out there to watch, but can't see me running. I'd need a SC setup. I haven't done electric anything since my tried and true (and old) XXX-S