Community
Wiki Posts
Search

East Coast Shoot-Out Race Oct 16th

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Brian,

We had planned on you riding with us. Just wasn't sure with Steve going. Thought he lived up in PA.

I thought we would leave Thursday afternoon/evening. Stay Thursday, Friday night. We can decide about Sat. night. It doesn't matter to me. Depends on how tired we are I guess.

Will decide about hotel/motel soon.

Make sure you bring stuff for carpet in case it rains...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by soon2bfast
Brian,

We had planned on you riding with us. Just wasn't sure with Steve going. Thought he lived up in PA.

I thought we would leave Thursday afternoon/evening. Stay Thursday, Friday night. We can decide about Sat. night. It doesn't matter to me. Depends on how tired we are I guess.

Will decide about hotel/motel soon.

Make sure you bring stuff for carpet in case it rains...
Great. All sounds great to me. I will see you, JR, and SR this Saturday at RCO.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

JMac- YGPM
Old 09-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got it...
Old 09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

I'll be opening up the track this Saturday at 10am. Ron will be running the races. Glenn will be in later in the day. Rain or shine we will run... outdoors or carpet....

Mojo Jojo
Old 10-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Well in 2 weeks we will have the Shoot-Out!!

Today we had fun today for the final race before the Shoot-Out. We ran outdoors for the whole day except for the last mains. The Spec and Stock Touring mains go to finish. But it started to sprinkle and the track got slick. So the 19t guys decided to run indoors on the carpet for the mains just for fun. We had to run rubber tires. So that's just alittle different for us East Coast guys that usually runs foams on carpet. It was pretty fun. We had about 15 or so minutes to get ready for the main as we got the computers switched over from outdoors to indoors. It was pretty fun I must say drifting thru the turns and all.

The Nitro guys only did about a minute or two before they called it quits in the rain.

Anyways, can't wait til the Shoot-Out. Catch yall there!

Jimmy Mac
Old 10-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Jimmy- It was definatly interesting, and it was more of a "fun" race than we're used to. It seemed as though we all knew we were gonna be ass on the carpet, lol. I found out what it was that had my car jacked up for the last 2 mins. When I got boned on the back striaght 3 times, it cracked a rim pretty bad. Oh well, that's the breaks.

I still wish we could have run the main outside though, I think it would have been a great race. I never could get the car to feel that "fast", but it so predictable and easy to drive that I didn't want to change that much. If it weren't for the new cars coming out, I could definatly see me getting another Losi.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is a normal nitro turnout is their going to be a big nitro turn out for the big race.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Really can't say. Our nitro turnout has been getting smaller and smaller. And I'm not sure how many out of staters are gonna be running Nitro. I'll ask some of the local guys if they are gonna run Nitro or not. I know some of them are. Just not sure how many...

How bout you MD guys? Any of yall running Nitro?

Brandon, I think the Main outside would have been good. You and I were the only ones that qualified with 17 laps. But your car was much more consistant than mine.

Well I have permission from the track owner to cut short turn 2. There-fore there will no-longer be a turn 2 "bump". That means all lap times will be new and fresh. So don't ask what the track record is or what's a good lap time. I dunno now with this change!!

Catch yall L8Rz

Jimmy Mac
Old 10-05-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Opening Time?

Jimmy,
What time does the Track open on the Fri. before for practice?
All the Md. guys coming with me run Electric. Does the store stock Take-off 27 tires and Jaco foams? Just planning ahead in case it rains. Pray for no rain.

See you guys in a couple weeks......

Allen
Old 10-05-2004, 06:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yes we don't want to see any rain as I don't like carpet except for in my house!!!!!! Cars race on asphalt not carpet.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

soon2bfast- cs27's are OK, but your best bet would be to get some sorex 32's and mount them yourself. The sorex's seem to always be a couple tenths faster, and you can run them all day without noticing any performance loss, can't say the same about the premounted 27's. Just food for thought so if you wanted, you could find some in time.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Like what Brandon said. I prefer Sorex 36's. Even in the cooler weather. But the 32's are great. If you still prefer the Takeoff 27's.. yes, Glenn sells the premounts at the track. He also said he got in some Jaco Purples and Plaids.

As for open time on Friday, let me ask Glenn about that. I'm not too sure yet. The track is open anytime you go there. But the building is not. And I'm sure you would like to use the pits and power. I'll try and get a response from him on the other forum. Or I'll stop by the store Thursday (he's closed on Wednesdays) and ask.

Also note this, make sure you have the right address. He has a store in town. And he has the track out of town. The store in on John St. The track is on Community Drive. Just wanted to make sure that is clear.

Anyways, I'll post more info as soon as I find out..

JMac
Old 10-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KilRuf
Like what Brandon said. I prefer Sorex 36's. Even in the cooler weather. But the 32's are great. If you still prefer the Takeoff 27's.. yes, Glenn sells the premounts at the track. He also said he got in some Jaco Purples and Plaids.

As for open time on Friday, let me ask Glenn about that. I'm not too sure yet. The track is open anytime you go there. But the building is not. And I'm sure you would like to use the pits and power. I'll try and get a response from him on the other forum. Or I'll stop by the store Thursday (he's closed on Wednesdays) and ask.

Also note this, make sure you have the right address. He has a store in town. And he has the track out of town. The store in on John St. The track is on Community Drive. Just wanted to make sure that is clear.

Anyways, I'll post more info as soon as I find out..

JMac
Jimmy,
Thanks for the heads up on the address. I used the Community Dr. address to get our directions.

We are going to hit our Hotel late Thur. Night.

That would be great if you could find out a time for Fri.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

You guys will still run Sorex 32's if the temps don't get about 65 degrees? If it is cool out wouldn't the tires rated for lower temps work better? I don't run rubber tires alot but ran some 22's this weekend and had about 10 runs on them with a track temp of around 70 or so at best and they just kept getting faster. Every run they were better and by the main the were ballistic. Not sure the reasoning but that is what was happening in my case.

Oh well that is what will make it so much fun. Always a guessing game. I will have some Sorex with me. I think I have some 28's and 36's.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.