Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Kosmic RC Fuel "Trophy Race" @ ControlFreakz.com CT. >

Kosmic RC Fuel "Trophy Race" @ ControlFreakz.com CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kosmic RC Fuel "Trophy Race" @ ControlFreakz.com CT.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2011 ON- Road Kosmic RC Fuel "Trophy Race" @ ControlFreakz.com CT.

Hello Fellow Racers,

Control Freakz in Chaplin, CT. along with Kosmic RC Fuel will be holding a Trophy Race the weekend of May 22. It is early enough that I would like some feedback on what racers would prefer. As of now the track is available from that Friday and we can either have a 2 day race with practice on Friday or a 1 day race with practice on Friday and Saturday. Practice will be $10.00/day and pit space will be available for $10.00/for the weekend. I am not sure of the price for racing, I still have to get that information from Kenny.

Know that even if we do a 2 day race, we will have at least 1 qualifier or maybe 2 on Sunday, depending on turn out and time.

I will be there from Friday to help with tuning and questions and we will also have a seminar or 2 between Saturday and Sunday. Maybe even something on Friday if people show up and want. Seminar ideas can be posted here or sent to me via PM.

I would like to get a jump on this so any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Please lets keep this forum a pleasant one.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Kosmic RC Fuel

Last edited by Kosmic RC Fuel; 03-30-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kosmic RC Fuel
Hello Fellow Racers,

Control Freakz in Chaplin, CT. along with Kosmic RC Fuel will be holding a Trophy Race the weekend of May 22. It is early enough that I would like some feedback on what racers would prefer. As of now the track is available from that Friday and we can either have a 2 day race with practice on Friday or a 1 day race with practice on Friday and Saturday. Practice will be $10.00/day and pit space will be available for $10.00/for the weekend. I am not sure of the price for racing, I still have to get that information from Kenny.

Know that even if we do a 2 day race, we will have at least 1 qualifier or maybe 2 on Sunday, depending on turn out and time.

I will be there from Friday to help with tuning and questions and we will also have a seminar or 2 between Saturday and Sunday. Maybe even something on Friday if people show up and want. Seminar ideas can be posted here or sent to me via PM.

I would like to get a jump on this so any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Please lets keep this forum a pleasant one.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Kosmic RC Fuel
I'll be there for sure .
Old 03-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey DJ we will have folks there as well. Looking forward to it!

As far as suggestions for clinics go I'd like you to do your clutch clinic again. I've watched you do it a couple times and it's one of the best techniques to build a clutch I've tried.

I don't really have a preference for the length of the event, but i do know most of the guys who travel 300 miles + around the north east prefer 2 day events. Kind of rough driving 5 hours race and then drive 5 hours home.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

i know this is a longshot, but would you be kind enough
to invite electric guys to come to this event and maybe
make a heat and a main for us?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SammyZ
i know this is a longshot, but would you be kind enough
to invite electric guys to come to this event and maybe
make a heat and a main for us?
I would have to see. It is kind of difficult in terms of practice, the racing is not a big deal, as we can just put you in a heat together, but we would then have to divide the practice up even more to give you guys track time alone. I will find out from the track what are the normal ways of doing this and I will get back to you.

I also prefer the 2 day event, but I want to make the masses as happy as possible. I am coming from Friday no matter what so I am with you. Remember Tory, no matter what the track will be open that Saturday and we can all have our own races and fun going on.

A clutch class is no problem. I am also thinking about a class to teach how to understand the setting of the motor. Meaning how to read your motor in between runs. Not just by temps, but also by looks.

Looking forward to this one for sure.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

hey DJ is this just for the on road race or are you doing a off road race to at chaplin .. if so i would say off road 1 day with practice sunday for on road do two day but start later in the afternoon saturday and run one maybe two rounds starting at like 2 or 3 so we dont have to be at the track early in the am and can run the track in a bit without taking friday off ..

this is just my 2 cents

mark
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

I would prefer a two day event!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by smyka
hey DJ is this just for the on road race or are you doing a off road race to at chaplin .. if so i would say off road 1 day with practice sunday for on road do two day but start later in the afternoon saturday and run one maybe two rounds starting at like 2 or 3 so we dont have to be at the track early in the am and can run the track in a bit without taking friday off ..

this is just my 2 cents

mark
I am a sponsor of the Off-road race, but will not be there for that event. Kenny and his crew are handling that event. As for a 2 day event for on-road, we would start later in the day, but most likely not as late as 2pm. More around noon time. A lot will depend on the turnout. I would like to have an AM seminar so racers can apply what they learn to their racing. Then have another Seminar in the pm to have them soak it all in at night and have something more to talk about for the next day.

Glad to see all the interest and it should be a great event to shake off the dust and the cabin fever for you guys up north.

DJ
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

2 days sounds good to me
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with Kenny and this is what we can do so far. Kenny wants to promote also the GT class to generate more local interest in this class.

If you are racing a regular class and also bring your GT Car to race you can enter the GT class at no charge. If you only enter GT than the normal fees will apply. We will have a flier soon to have for the event. It will have the prices, contacts and other info.

As for Electric, if there are at least 8 cars we will run a class. As for practice, they will have their own timed slots, also depending on how many entries. If they are MODS and want to run with the nitro guys during practice, you will be able to, but at your own risk. Stock cars will have to wait to run with Electric only.

As for the Off-Road race, Kenny told me that he is looking to run a one day event on Sunday. I am sure the track will be open on Saturday for practice at a fee of $10.00. I will post more about the Off-Road stuff on a different forum for Off road. That race is going to be the week before.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been away, but with the Worlds I was super busy and could not post. I have someone working on a Flyer to post and should have it up and ready by the end of this week or beginning of next week. Looking forward to this event and having some fun. I will bring the new 1/8 scale as well. Maybe I will even race it. We will see!!!!!!!

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kosmic RC Fuel
Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been away, but with the Worlds I was super busy and could not post. I have someone working on a Flyer to post and should have it up and ready by the end of this week or beginning of next week. Looking forward to this event and having some fun. I will bring the new 1/8 scale as well. Maybe I will even race it. We will see!!!!!!!

DJ Apolaro
The capricorn car made a great impression at the worlds . If you come on Friday, I would like to see you put in some practice laps .
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I will be there Friday for sure. I am bringing a few locals as well.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do you plan to do 2 quals on Sunday? I likely won't be able to make it up on Saturday.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
2 days sounds good to me
+1 On the 2-Day event. Speaking from the guys that will come from VA and MD we will get alllot more out of this race with two days!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.