Wiki Posts
Search

***LIR goes Parking lot racing this summer***

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
We will blow of the surface and spray sugar water down each race day. Mod touring was always run back in the day at the Willis parking lot track and was a lot of fun. The word mod doesn't mean it has to be a 4.5 I think this is were people get into trouble. This class will be cool for guys that have older stuff and say run a 9.5 or 8.5 with25c. I'm sure it will be as fast as a 13.5 boosted with 80c, but thats why I think it will work. The track will have a top speed threshold, after that putting a faster motor etc.. will be counterproductive. This way many people can race the class, and they don't have to spend the money on the lastest stuff. After all motors are the cheapest part of the speed equation. Again we will run the classes that show the most interest.
Mod is a great idea. That way you dont need a tekin to be fast. i have lot's of 13.5's and 10.5's that havent been on a track since control freaks last year.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
Out of the box the F103 Anniversary is the best car but discontinued and hard to find. The f-103 pre-mount foams are the tire to run on smooth asphalt or carpet. I would like to see a f-1 21.5 & silver can class non-ramping.
Originally Posted by Jerry P
Mod is a great idea. That way you dont need a tekin to be fast. i have lot's of 13.5's and 10.5's that havent been on a track since control freaks last year.
jerry tell me more about this tamiya f104 pro. is it coo like f*** ????
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
jerry tell me more about this tamiya f104 pro. is it coo like f*** ????
j,
The car is pretty cool i have the pro version so it's all carbon fiber. the car goes together really well as all tamiya onroad race vehicles do. it comes with foam tires which are sticky as hell on carpet. I am sure with a prepped parking lot the tires will hookup pretty well. On carpet we have to cut them down to make the car not flip! so on asphalt they should be good. Kit comes with a body so just put your electronics in and you're good to go. There is not much to the setup of the car. the front end is like a 1/12th scale so a spring and tire is most the front end config. the rear uses a center shock and dampening disk's which dont require much work either. All in all it's a complete car.

Now i saw George talk about the 3Racing F109. The car is good too but you cant buy kit's anymore. 3Racing discontinued that kit.

Tamiya is a safe bet. The F104w is also intersting because it come with a different fron end that works well on carpet. I really think a F104 will just plain work with a few tweaks.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I'll be picking up an F104 pro and running Mod TC as well. This should be a lot of fun, I'm really looking forward to it. I think Rob is planning on doing rubber tire for F1 instead of foams.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Betts,
Are you planning on running a spec tire? it helps keep cost down and no one has to guess. There are 2 companies which i could suggest.. let me know if i can help.

Jerry
Old 02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If I could add my 2 cents on the F-1 class. After talking to the Tamiya TCS King, AKA Kregger, almost everyone runs the Tamiya silver can motor that comes with just about every Tamiya car! As for the tires, he said the soft rears and the hard fronts work pretty well. I'm sure he'll chime in on this soon. I hope the F-1 class kicks off cause I'm gonna be ordering one real soon and this is probably gonna be the only place I run it. I've been searching around the net and so far the only cars I found you can still get is the Tamiya 104 kit and PRO and the HPI. I heard the HPI is good but only after dumping a few bucks into it. The 104 is pretty straight forward and the PRO is all blinged out with ALOT of Tamiya BLUE!!{Shetts and Mahak should be all over that one!} I think I'm leaning towards the "Black" kit!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

to regulate motor and speedo along with battery ,is very fair.For tires however most guys have bought a boat load of tires for outdoors.I know a lot of guys have several sets of tires that they save for the summer.We can also have an open tire class for those guys....any thought's? Just a suggestion,I am open to anything though.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Suspended

Just ordered my F104 PRO "Black" kit, should be here next week!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Slayer
If I could add my 2 cents on the F-1 class. After talking to the Tamiya TCS King, AKA Kregger, almost everyone runs the Tamiya silver can motor that comes with just about every Tamiya car! As for the tires, he said the soft rears and the hard fronts work pretty well. I'm sure he'll chime in on this soon. I hope the F-1 class kicks off cause I'm gonna be ordering one real soon and this is probably gonna be the only place I run it. I've been searching around the net and so far the only cars I found you can still get is the Tamiya 104 kit and PRO and the HPI. I heard the HPI is good but only after dumping a few bucks into it. The 104 is pretty straight forward and the PRO is all blinged out with ALOT of Tamiya BLUE!!{Shetts and Mahak should be all over that one!} I think I'm leaning towards the "Black" kit!
George,
Silver can's suck but if that is the way this goes then people will run them. You like to go fast so you will go through them quickly. Kreggar is not usually looking for the most speed so he'll run a whole season on 1 motor.

Jerry
Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do plan or running spec tires is some classes. Also i would hold up on going crazy buying f1 cars. This might be our spec class. Might even spec a chassis etc... If we do I'm sure a quantity buy can help get cost down even further. That way we can have a ton of parts and will be easy to get new people into something. I always thought that was a problem with on-road tough to get people started. I will consider the silver can but would like to run the havoc spec 21.5 set-up. I have seen and heard of some shady silver can motors in the past.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
George,
Silver can's suck but if that is the way this goes then people will run them. You like to go fast so you will go through them quickly. Kreggar is not usually looking for the most speed so he'll run a whole season on 1 motor.

Jerry

Yea umm i'm not buying a 300 dollar car to put a brushed silver can in it every time i race. I'm all for like a 17.5 or 21.5 no timing advance or timing advance who cares.

I want one though....
Old 02-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

I do plan or running spec tires is some classes. Also i would hold up on going crazy buying f1 cars. This might be our spec class. Might even spec a chassis etc... If we do I'm sure a quantity buy can help get cost down even further. That way we can have a ton of parts and will be easy to get new people into something. I always thought that was a problem with on-road tough to get people started. I will consider the silver can but would like to run the havoc spec 21.5 set-up. I have seen and heard of some shady silver can motors in the past.
Rob,
i'm not sure what the havoc setup costs but please take a look at the speed passion cirtix. It's a speedo and motor setup that cost less than $100.

Jerry
Old 02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Silver can is definitely hard to tech, there is a company out there selling $45 silver cans that destroy every tuned silver can out there. TCS's response was to ban then and institute an RPM limit, but that means you have to tech everyone's motor.

I know the F1s are tight for space in the speedo area, so if there is a spec'd model just make sure it can fit under the body ok.

If you're considering a 2nd TC class, I'm a big fan of RCGT because the bodies are awesome and HPI make some sick rims for the X-pattern tires. No timing/boost 17.5 is a good speed for that class.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

If you're considering a 2nd TC class, I'm a big fan of RCGT because the bodies are awesome and HPI make some sick rims for the X-pattern tires. No timing/boost 17.5 is a good speed for that class.[/QUOTE]

I agree, RCGT is awesome, 17.5 ,no boost and HPI body and spec RCGT tires.Just like VTA, great class's .Maximum fun and you don't have to go buy a ton of stuff to run it. Either way, I'm in
Old 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Suspended

Well I can't cancel my order and I'm gonna be hugely upset if the car I bought doesn't fit the criteria! Everyone is correct, it is hard to tech the silver cans but its not hard to spot the cheater! Give everyone a once over and mark the can! Rob D and I have this stuff called tamperseal, once its on, it never comes off. New motors are to be teched before it goes in. John Brown does it why can't we?! Most of us who will be racing here also race at the beach, why have two completely different rules for a TCS spec class?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.