Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Sc comp tire!! Good/bad >

Sc comp tire!! Good/bad

Sc comp tire!! Good/bad

Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sc comp tire!! Good/bad

I want to race my Slash at the local track and I here the dirt is pretty loose so I didn't know which tires to go with I've got it down to 4

Pl calibers
Pl trenchers
Pl Bow ties
Pl switch

Also which rims would you recommend
Pl split six
Pl epic
Pl renegade

What's the difference between the front and rear rims and last has anyone noticed a difference in 2.2/3.0 wheels than just 2.2
Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drifterboy3
I want to race my Slash at the local track and I here the dirt is pretty loose so I didn't know which tires to go with I've got it down to 4

Pl calibers
Pl trenchers
Pl Bow ties
Pl switch

Also which rims would you recommend
Pl split six
Pl epic
Pl renegade

What's the difference between the front and rear rims and last has anyone noticed a difference in 2.2/3.0 wheels than just 2.2
I would go with the Calibers. You could do a combination of Caliber front and Bowtie rear. You say the track is loose. does it ever form a groove with little dust in the racing line? if it does the Switch may work but it still might be a little loose. But the Calibers are a good tire all around. Do some resurch at the PL web site. It may give you a better explanation/insight to what you might need.
As far as Rims, go with what you like. I personally like the Split-6. But I am one of those guys who looks at not just design, but weight of the wheel, if dirt will get caught behind the tire and throw it off balance, stuff like that. One piece of advice is to try and buy the wheel and tire from the same company. It makes it easier to mount. I tried using JC wheels and PL tires and had to trim the bead. I have also had to do this with the stock wheels and AKA's. It might have been just me doing it wierd but I have found it easier when you don't swap brands between tire/wheel manufacturers.
One more thing, Try to put you post in the correct catagory, but no biggie.