Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah great job Shelby!! It really did run smooth we got it all in, and guess what haha no rain!!!

Thanks to Keely you are a natural on the mic, Thanks Rich, Mike Haley, and Guajana for stepping in.

Yeah Dave i lost the whole front end of my car, my suspension mounts are pretzels my hingepin is bent at about 45* and the suspension mounting blocks are warped AND bent the arm is twisted and the tire is cracked. i think it bent my shock shaft and cracked my aluminum shock body as well my cvd and axle are both bent. I haven't taken a hard look at it yet that is just hte damage i can see with the body on. Yup that is what happens when you hit someone parked in the fastest part of the track w/ an 8.5 with boost timing and turbo cranked up.

I think we may need to announce that in the future just in case people forget (I know i used to do it until my car got nice and balled up and i learned the hard way I was vince and scooby was me), during warmups don't park on the line, especially at the end of the back straight. We line up when the clock gets under a minute and we will announce the back straight as "closed" and we line up tight to the back wall not in the middle of the track. They did this in Chaplin and Brooklyn it worked well no one got punted on the back straight during warmup.

Oh well, lets just hope my chassis and bulk heads aren't tweaked otherwise it will be cheaper buying a new kit. Car has only seen the track 2 race days .

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
Had an awesome day today!

The program ran smooth even without Don there. Props to my girlfriend Shelby for running everything. Now if only she would talk on the mic we would be good to go!

I need to do one of those total tear downs this week for both electric and nitro...once I figured out that my problem was a loose glow plug my engine ran fine

Oh! Tory, what all happened to your electric? I heard Vince lost a shock. Did you break anything?

p.s thank you John for helping with my motor - you too Kitchen!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by godzukihop
Sorry Tory, wrong picture. That is really a pic of the proud purchasers of the new VO5 from Kyosho that now relize they should have brought a NT-1.
Yeah gotta call you fast man Phil, bumped out the B and made it as high as fourth until your receiver fell off the car!!

4/16.034 on lap 72.

Darryl you are going to have problems with Phil in a couple weeks!!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

I had fun today winning all the qualifiers tried to get the main too but $#!t happens good racing mike and kitchen the main was fast and fun. Glad the weather held up for use. My kyosho GT2 was cooking today.

Also I left a full bottle of gritty hand soap on the GT guys table so if anyone has it please give it too me next weekend thanks.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
Had an awesome day today!

The program ran smooth even without Don there. Props to my girlfriend Shelby for running everything. Now if only she would talk on the mic we would be good to go!

I need to do one of those total tear downs this week for both electric and nitro...once I figured out that my problem was a loose glow plug my engine ran fine

Oh! Tory, what all happened to your electric? I heard Vince lost a shock. Did you break anything?

p.s thank you John for helping with my motor - you too Kitchen!

not a problem...glad to help
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow that is a lot of damage... It is a shame cause that car looked good all day! Just how a new car should...

How many of the suspension components are compatible with other 416/417? Might be able to find a parts car for cheap...

It's a shame you got the short end of the stick..You can run my schuie next weekend! I just need to get a rear belt for it. OH!!! and let me know when you're placing that order with Spec-R. Need that front gear diff.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
I had fun today winning all the qualifiers tried to get the main too but $#!t happens good racing mike and kitchen the main was fast and fun. Glad the weather held up for use. My kyosho GT2 was cooking today.

Also I left a full bottle of gritty hand soap on the GT guys table so if anyone has it please give it too me next weekend thanks.
I got ur hand cleaner I will bring it to the track on Sunday
Old 06-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Yeah Dave i lost the whole front end of my car, my suspension mounts are pretzels my hingepin is bent at about 45* and the suspension mounting blocks are warped AND bent the arm is twisted and the tire is cracked. i think it bent my shock shaft and cracked my aluminum shock body as well my cvd and axle are both bent. I haven't taken a hard look at it yet that is just hte damage i can see with the body on. Yup that is what happens when you hit someone parked in the fastest part of the track w/ an 8.5 with boost timing and turbo cranked up.

:.
Got to say that you don't do anything half ass. Looking at this car and your car when you came back from Fla.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Got to say that you don't do anything half ass. Looking at this car and your car when you came back from Fla.
You aren't kidding hahaha!

Just wait till i get smooth like you ... following you around the track dropped my lap times by .5 seconds. I could see it in the results I could tell the two times when i err Phil was following you that (and great pit work) is what got me uhh Phil up to fourth!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You aren't kidding hahaha!

Just wait till i get smooth like you ... following you around the track dropped my lap times by .5 seconds. I could see it in the results I could tell the two times when i err Phil was following you that (and great pit work) is what got me uhh Phil up to fourth!
to badd you couldn't hold 4th cause that was mine
Old 06-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

whatch out next week the s400 will be back with boost
Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
to badd you couldn't hold 4th cause that was mine
whatch out next week the s400 will be back with boost
Yeah I tell you waht you are pretty dam quick, you just need to get rid of that FM!!! Somone has to have a module laying around they could sell you cheap I know i have a receiver or two still bumping around the house here for spektrum but i'd suggest going fasst.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I tell you waht you are pretty dam quick, you just need to get rid of that FM!!! Somone has to have a module laying around they could sell you cheap I know i have a receiver or two still bumping around the house here for spektrum but i'd suggest going fasst.
yeah I found a fasst system for the 3pk on ebay, but I get a headach just thinkin of how many receivers I have to buy
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

yeah I found a fasst system for the 3pk on ebay, but I get a headach just thinkin of how many receivers I have to buy
when i switched from sythesized i lived on rctech forsale.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default Blue Diamond

Just wondering guys, I have an ofna DM one spec, Do you guys race them at the diamond, and if so, foams or rubber tires? Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisper27p
Just wondering guys, I have an ofna DM one spec, Do you guys race them at the diamond, and if so, foams or rubber tires? Thanks
Yes we do. You can use either tire. Foam is popular at club races but trophy and sponsored races rubber is normally required now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.