Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene >

Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene

Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene

Old 05-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
You coming to this race on 6/3-6/5 weekend most of the BD 1/8 GT crew will be there.
Not sure if we are gonna go as of yet... Just a heads up to race at FBF you will need to be a "roar" member unlike BD.

Originally Posted by Kitchen
Yes! look for the dark gray SUV with the pretty little lady @ the Helm!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
If everyone goes to Chaplin will BD still be open on Sunday?
What or where is Chaplin?
Blue Diamond is always open on Sunday. There are only a handful of people that travel about so don't let the rumblings int eh thread keep you home.

We go out of town every now and again to race but mainly to see what the competition is like and let others know just how much fun the diamond is.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Is there going to be someone there Sunday selling fuel?
Originally Posted by Kitchen
Yes! look for the dark gray SUV with the pretty little lady @ the Helm!
Yup, My wife will be there in my truck w/ Byrons, Tornado and Kosmic. She'll have my parts bag as well so there will be tires glow plugs, bodies etc at the track on sunday.

She has a soccer game w/ my son at around 2pm though so she will only be there from about 9am until 12pm or so so make sure you see her during that time.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Got some stuff going on and I will actually be in the area Sunday.
Gonna load up my f1 gear,want to test some stuff out.
Not sure what time I will end up there (shooting for early) but if you guys
have your f1's bring them.
If anyone has a loaner 17.5 (Or a good 17.5 Novak stator they want to unload.) I can try out come and see me.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

see you guys at the track!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for letting me take some laps today.
Everyone there was super friendly.
Ran some 17.5 f1 and it was not too bad.
It was very fast and a bit twitchy but pretty drivable.(on foams).
I tried a few laps on rubber (17.5) and it overpowered
the car,so that would be something to think about if there were to be some sort of rubber tire rule.
Maybe with a different setup the rubber will work.
I would like to test out a 21.5 next time I go just to see what the
speed difference is going to be on that Looooooong straight.

Would like to thank Tsal for getting hooked on the 1/8 gt class so I would assume you will be seeing more of me as soon as I can get a ride together.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If anyone hears from G-Mac please let us know how he is doing. We hope you have a speedy recovery. MK
Old 05-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Shaun thanks for all your help today! I had a great time at BD
Old 05-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

I talked to him when he was on the way home, he said he's going to go have it looked at. He should be online tmrw!

Hey guys/gals thanks all for helping my wife out w/ the trackside stuff, she's a champ and I really appreciate her helping while I was out of town. She may be back this coming weekend to help out while i get my car situated, and rumor has it Marlon will be making a er-appearance in nitro touring!! I'm going to put him on the track over the course of the week to be sure he shakes the cobwebs off haha.

I brought back some goodies = some onroad Kosmic fuel!

To get prepped for this weekend's festivities we are going to be introducing 3 new products at the Diamond! The first is called "Dr. Thrust" and is the perfect lubricant for your clutch's thrust bearings.

The second is called, "Cop-a-Glide" which is a specially formulated high density grease with powdered copper (has similar properties to powdered graphite). Great for outdrives, cvd's and other metal to metal areas of high wear.

The third is called "Magic" and that will remain a secret until this weekends trophy race.

More details including pictures to come this week. Blue Diamond racers attending the trophy race will of course get introductory discounts, and I'll be giving away some products to random attendee's.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Tory what's up! I was wondering what xray parts do you have in stock.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Belts, gears, arms, 1* knuckles, stock knuckles, rear hub carriers, hard front bumpers i will have springs and a fuel tank by this weekend.

I do not have any electric parts in stock yet. Will probably have that in about 3 weeks or so same drill, belts, arms, gears, bumper, body mounts, knuckles hub carriers.

I'll see what Kitchen has as well. What were you looking for?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Wait till you fellas try these....

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I talked to him when he was on the way home, he said he's going to go have it looked at. He should be online tmrw!

Hey guys/gals thanks all for helping my wife out w/ the trackside stuff, she's a champ and I really appreciate her helping while I was out of town. She may be back this coming weekend to help out while i get my car situated, and rumor has it Marlon will be making a er-appearance in nitro touring!! I'm going to put him on the track over the course of the week to be sure he shakes the cobwebs off haha.

I brought back some goodies = some onroad Kosmic fuel!

To get prepped for this weekend's festivities we are going to be introducing 3 new products at the Diamond! The first is called "Dr. Thrust" and is the perfect lubricant for your clutch's thrust bearings.

The second is called, "Cop-a-Glide" which is a specially formulated high density grease with powdered copper (has similar properties to powdered graphite). Great for outdrives, cvd's and other metal to metal areas of high wear.

The third is called "Magic" and that will remain a secret until this weekends trophy race.

More details including pictures to come this week. Blue Diamond racers attending the trophy race will of course get introductory discounts, and I'll be giving away some products to random attendee's.
How much is the cop-a-glide
Old 05-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Cop-a-Glide is going to be around 5$ for each 2oz container. There is enough to coat your out drives after every heat, main and practice run for about 1 month (it's quite a bit of goop in this container)

It took quite a bit of time and testing to get the right mix of stuff in this goop, but so far it's kept my out drives in great condition.

Last edited by YmeBP; 05-23-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Cop-a-Glide is going to be around 5$ for each 2z container. There is enough to coat your out drives after every heat, main and practice run for about 1 month (it's quite a bit of goop in this container)

I'll try some because the standard black grease is just not keeping the wear to a minimum on my universals I'm guessing the cooper give extra protections

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.