Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene >

Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene

Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene

Old 01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Suspended

I'd prefer to compare Xray to Tony Stewart...

Won a championship under a REAL points system, and wins races in anything he gets climbs in. Plus, he did win 3 titles in 1 year...
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
Hey guys.

How would go about getting involved in all this? I've never raced RC's before but I only live about 30 minutes south of BD and I want try it. Any advise or recomendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete
Welcome to the BD fraternity!
Since you've never raced RC, the best thing to do is to just come out to the Diamond when the season opens and take a look and ask questions! The guys here will answer all of the questions that you may have. (except one) Just don't ask the question about what car kit is the best... After that, come on out with a car and just jump into the fray. All of us started the same way. Just jump in and every time you go out, you get better and learn more. The guys at BD are great people who will always help you out! The key to enjoying racing is to have fun! That's what its all about!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How many 1/8 scale brushless GT participants will be there??
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Curious as to the interest in the GTP brushless class before I finish building the OFNA GTP 2E I have? Any input from anyone?
Attached Thumbnails Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene-im000106.jpg   Official 2011 Blue Diamond On Road Scene-im000105.jpg  
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

All of our GT class is nitro on foam tires at the moment but I'm pretty sure an E-GT could be run also. The only real difference is in pitting. They might make you come in and do a simulated pit stop. I'm sure someone else will add some input. If you new guys want to see some racing today and meet alot of the Blue Diamond racers, there's going to be an event held today at Mushroom Bowl (960 West Cypress St
Kennett Square, PA 19348) Just trowing it out there
Old 01-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RESPECT_BX
I'm trying to get my boy Quinn a 10 day contract with the heat but he trying to make the playoffs with his team, comin Q who you gonna pass the ball to Tory he like 50 and gets no burn.
Yo'! I'll take a 10 WEEK engine contract! You got one of those? Where do I sign?! You can keep your "community car", though. No need to soil my good name with that thing.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
Hey guys.

How would go about getting involved in all this? I've never raced RC's before but I only live about 30 minutes south of BD and I want try it. Any advise or recomendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

We have a TON of resources in this group to help you get started in whatever type of racing suits your tastes. I'm not sure how much you know about RC so I'm going to make my suggestions assuming you are just getting started in the hobby and racing.

My first suggestion is to type "RC racing" into You tube to get a feel for the different types of cars and racing there are. Then make your way out to the Mushroom Bowl to watch some indoor racing (about 20 mins north west of BD) THEN after you've seen and touched some of the cars make a decision as to the type of racing you want to get into and see either John at Geforce Hobbies or myself (Tory) up at the Mushroom Bowl to help you get the gear you need.

The second hand market is also a viable inexpensive way to get into the hobby but a word of caution, once you've decided on what type of racing you want to do please do not hit ebay and start burning up the credit card =D. Talk to someone at the track and they can steer you in the right direction used wise as there are some good deals out there and there are some not so good deals and we want to see you at the track this summer and winter season .

You are also welcome to PM me.

Hope to see you on the track soon!!

-T
Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Q. I think koyoslow were made for pull start motors.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
THEN after you've seen and touched some of the cars make a decision as to the type of racing you want to get into
I would recommend NOT touching anything this guy drives!!!

Look for somebody driving an XRAY...top quality machine there!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RESPECT_BX
Q. I think koyoslow were made for pull start motors.
Tory rigged up a rotostart for his HPI starter.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

It's funny how people call kyosho slow when they have won the 8 scale buugy worlds, 8 scale onroad worlds, and the 10 scale 200mm worlds at the time. All kyosho does is win!!!!! And the 2011 8 scale worlds will be the same old story it does matter that race is in the us this year. Collari just put down on Robert at the last homestead race that they just had. Collari or bertin win win the worlds this year!!! Go team red!!!! I also find it funny how when kyosho wins there is always a excuse like it's the driver or they used upper arms from another car but win xray or mugen or serpent wins it there now the best cars lol!!!! Most people are followers they want to be in the in crowd just beacuse everybody is jumping ship to xray and serpent does not mean that the car got slower. I want give any name but I was told by some drivers that have kyosho for other companys = better deal they said that the car wasn't as good as the kyosho. Look at the guys that were dominating with kyosho and left toso,franseco tironi, kimbro etc how are the doing now are the as fast as they use to be??? don't be fooled kyosho cars are still the cars to beat. Kyosho 2011 world champs new track same results!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Ferrari is a much better build and has more quality then the corvette lemans race cars do but corvette still kicks the a$$ at every lemans race that that they have. Just because some thing looks better and cost more does not mean that it is faster!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HoboShop
It's funny how people call kyosho slow when they have won the 8 scale buugy worlds, 8 scale onroad worlds, and the 10 scale 200mm worlds at the time. All kyosho does is win!!!!! And the 2011 8 scale worlds will be the same old story it does matter that race is in the us this year. Collari just put down on Robert at the last homestead race that they just had. Collari or bertin win win the worlds this year!!! Go team red!!!! I also find it funny how when kyosho wins there is always a excuse like it's the driver or they used upper arms from another car but win xray or mugen or serpent wins it there now the best cars lol!!!! Most people are followers they want to be in the in crowd just beacuse everybody is jumping ship to xray and serpent does not mean that the car got slower. I want give any name but I was told by some drivers that have kyosho for other companys = better deal they said that the car wasn't as good as the kyosho. Look at the guys that were dominating with kyosho and left toso,franseco tironi, kimbro etc how are the doing now are the as fast as they use to be??? don't be fooled kyosho cars are still the cars to beat. Kyosho 2011 world champs new track same results!!!!!
Sounds good, but at BD, all XRAY does is WIN!!! Stay focused, this is the not the world stage thread.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Exactly stay focus, x ray runs shit.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
sounds like you are taking this way to serious. Although we are all loyal to our own brand of car, most of this talk is fun & games.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.