R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   ===2011 Super Stock Nationals!!!=== February 25th-27th ~ 13.5 motors only! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/457657-%3D%3D%3D2011-super-stock-nationals-%3D%3D%3D-february-25th-27th-%7E-13-5-motors-only.html)

RCRIOT 12-01-2010 11:29 AM

===2011 Super Stock Nationals!!!=== February 25th-27th ~ 13.5 motors only!

1 Attachment(s)
First Annual Super Stock Nationals
February 25-27th 2011
RCRIOT Raceway in Albuquerque, NM
13.5 12th scale, 13.5 World GT, 13.5 Touring Car
other local classes that will be ran: Tamiya Mini, Novice, Intermediate

Great trophies for TQ, 1st-3rd. Handouts for all racers.
Plenty of practice time on a track that is almost the exact size of Timezone (Home of the 2011 Roar Nationals)

Track Dimensions: 100ft x 50ft

Expect to have some big name drivers and some great racing!

Class and event rules and regulations to follow soon...

RCRIOT 12-01-2010 11:30 AM

All Classes Will Use ROAR Approved Brushless
Motors, Batteries, Bodies And Rules.

Section 1 - General Rules

1.1: Rules apply to classes within the Super Stock Nationals and are intended to provide guidelines for fair competition. In the event a rule is not covered in this package the Super Stock Nationals Staff race director will have the right to adjust or amend rules at any time.

1.2: Rules may be revised on an as needed bases

1.3: No Person attending a Super Stock National event will have any claim for damages, expenses, lawsuits, or otherwise against a promoter, track operator, Super Stock Nationals, it’s officials, agents, or employees, resulting from any damage to any car, personal injury, on monetary loss of any kind whatsoever. All attendants waive any claim they any have against a promoter, track operator, or the Super Stock Nationals, when they participate in any event being run under these rules.

1.4: It is the drivers responsibility to be in compliance with all Super Stock Nationals rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in penalties or race disqualification.

1.5: The intention for the Super Stock Nationals is to promote racing in a fun, family oriented atmosphere. Unsportsmanlike behavior WILL NOT be tolerated. Super Stock Nationals staff and track management reserves the right to levy penalties or may disqualify a driver for any of the following replacements.
• Excessive foul language
• Drinking of alcoholic beverages or use of illegal substances
• Verbal or physical abuse of a race official or fellow competitor
• Rough driving or intentional hacking of a competitor
• Intentionally circumventing the rules
• Actions detrimental to the Super Stock Nationals or participating tracks
• Not following the commands of a race official

1.6: Race director reserves the right to “black flag” any driver who’s car is operating in a reckless or uncontrolled manor, or that may constitute a hazard to other drivers in the race.

1.7: Race directors decision is final regarding penalty or scoring disputes.

1.8: For your safety drivers are required to ware closed towed shoes at all times while in the racing area.

1.9: Safety of our racers is of utmost concern. In the event of hazardous winter weather conditions a race event may be shortened and or cancelled. Shortened event will be considered complete after 2 rounds of qualifying. Cancelled race may be made up at the next available time.

1.10: Drivers are required to turn marshal the race immediately following their own. Failure to do so will result in the loss of laps off their best qualifying time. If for some reason not able to turn martial it is the drivers responsibility to find another entered driver as a replacement. The replacement martial must notify the race director. The original driver is responsible for the actions of the substitute martial.

1.11: Turn marshals are not allowed to repair race cars.

1.12: Marshaled cars should be returned to the point they left the racing surface.

RCRIOT 12-01-2010 11:44 AM

13.5 1/12th
Motor: ROAR Approved 13.5 Brushless
Battery: ROAR Approved 1s (3.7v) LiPo only
Esc: Open/Unlimited
Body: ROAR Approved GTP/Can-Am
Minimum Weight: 730 grams
Maximum Width: 172mm
Minimim Ride Height: 3mm
Race Length: 8 minutes

13.5 World GT
Battery: ROAR Approved 1s (3.7v) LiPo only
Tires: BSR Team Purple Spec, Jaco Lilac Spec, or CRC 2300/2302 Spec Tires only
Body: All WGT Approved bodies currently available for purchase
RCRIOT option bodies also allowed: HPI 350z, HPI Lexus ISF, Pro-line Oval Truck body
Minimum Weight: 930 grams
Maximum Width: 200mm
Minimum Ride Height: 4mm
Race Length: 6 minutes

13.5 Touring
Battery: ROAR Approved 2s (7.4v) LiPo only
Tires: Jaco Blue (Event Handout Tire)
Body: ROAR Approved Sedan
Minimum Weight: 1400 grams
Maximum Width: 190mm
Minimum Ride Height: 5mm
Race Length: 6 minutes

RCRIOT 12-01-2010 11:48 AM

Hotels within a mile of the track

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
5050 Jefferson St. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Phone: (505) 944-2222

Drury Inn and Suites
4310 The 25 Way NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109-5849
Phone: (505) 341-3600

bkspeedo 12-02-2010 07:21 AM

Sean,

Have you thought about using Solaris tires instead of Jaco, less expensive and a better tire? I just got done racing on Sweeps in Cleveland and there not a bad tire either.

It's on the calender we'll see if the funds are available to make it down.

al dente 12-02-2010 08:39 AM

same weekend as season opener in pomona for drag racing. if we don't go to pomona, i will try and make it down. on the schedule.

if anyone needs 13.5 motors for this race plase pm me. i have a buch i am wanting to sell.

bkspeedo 12-02-2010 08:40 PM

Hey Sean, several are wondering why the entry fee is so high for a local race?

pyro18t 12-04-2010 11:38 PM

I can't wait for this race! RC Riot is a great place to run! Sean and John put on a good program for sure!

Jay

RCRIOT 12-06-2010 09:53 AM

The reason for the cost is: we are going to be giving very nice trophies out to the classes you will also recieve raffle tickets with your entry (we will have at least 2,000 dollars worth of prizes) and we are also working on a free gift with your entry trying to decide what to do (body, tires, car stand, set-up board, something). We are also hoping to get food cattered but that is still in the very early stages of planning. I can assure you that you will get your moneys worth out of this race!

RCRIOT 12-06-2010 09:57 AM

Also anyone who is traveling no matter how far send me an email at [email protected] and I will help you with your hotel rooms.

Keven H 12-06-2010 09:03 PM

Interesting ! :sneaky:

syndr0me 12-07-2010 12:20 PM

Oooh, will the AE boys be in attendance? Maybe some XRay folks?

bkspeedo 12-07-2010 12:28 PM

Even better would be some TOP Photon drivers.:D

RCRIOT 12-08-2010 06:10 AM

We have talked to a few from both companies and I am really hoping a few make the trip of course there schedules are pretty packed but it looks like we may get a few. I will be honest I dont know of any TOP drivers. Can you help me out?

Max K 12-10-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Keven H (Post 8307917)
Interesting ! :sneaky:

Very interesting!