Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race day trailer..any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Race day trailer..any suggestions?

Ok guys I'm looking for a little input and suggestions for my trailer. I plan to use a 6x10 with a V-nose, ramp door and a 32" side door. The size will be just right for two guys to pit and wrench in and it won't over load my truck. The V-nose will help with gas milage and serve as a nice spot for the tv!
I'm going with a ramp door just because if I ever want to use the trailer to haul something else, the ramp allows for easier loading. I want to the side door because I don't want to keep the ramp open all the time or have to open and shut it everytime.

As for the inside I do want to strip it down, insulate, replace the plywood and put up a clean white covering on the walls and celing. I havent decided on a floor covering yet. I want something easy to keep clean and that won't soak up fluids. I have seen a couple of the other trailer build topics and got some ideas there too. My first thought was to mount the lights behind me where the roof and wall meet. On the pit side I was planning on mounting some small cabinets up top and mounting more lights under there. After seeing some of the other builds, I'm not sure about the cabinets now. Maybe putting a couple tool chest under the work table?

Any way I would like some input or advice, what works, what doesn't, plug placement, best way to run the power through out, breaker box? I would like to run a small roof mounted AC unit one day.

Thanks.