Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
OFFROAD Race at New Jersey Motorsport Park Nov 6th-7th!!!! >

OFFROAD Race at New Jersey Motorsport Park Nov 6th-7th!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFROAD Race at New Jersey Motorsport Park Nov 6th-7th!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marshon50
Ray, can you share some more details.....times,1 or 2 days, costs per class, etc.

I love the idea of pairing full scale w/ RC but I need to make sure driving to the end of the earth (ie Millville, NJ) fits within the budget.....
Sure Marshon50....

Saturday the 6th will be an all day free open practice. This is more of a bash/practice day so the spectators can see some R/C action in the lulls of the full scale racing. Gates open at 8am, but R/C practice will start around 10-11am

Sunday the 7th will be the actual race day. Again, gates open at 8am....Racing will start around 11am.

R/C Entry for Sunday is $15 for the first, $10 for additionals. Electric will be provided (large generator)

Your entry fees will INCLUDE your admission to NJMP for you and a guest!!!! Anyone else in the car will have to pay appropriate fee. Kids under 12 are FREE....

I am still working on some logistics (parking and pitting space) with NJMP and will post the complete details next week just before the event so everyone will know exactly what to do.

I will still answer any other questions until then....
Old 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a pretty cool page on the NJMP site....

http://rally-america.com/rallycross.php
Old 10-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Sure Marshon50....

Saturday the 6th will be an all day free open practice. This is more of a bash/practice day so the spectators can see some R/C action in the lulls of the full scale racing. Gates open at 8am, but R/C practice will start around 10-11am

Sunday the 7th will be the actual race day. Again, gates open at 8am....Racing will start around 11am.

R/C Entry for Sunday is $15 for the first, $10 for additionals. Electric will be provided (large generator)

Your entry fees will INCLUDE your admission to NJMP for you and a guest!!!! Anyone else in the car will have to pay appropriate fee. Kids under 12 are FREE....

I am still working on some logistics (parking and pitting space) with NJMP and will post the complete details next week just before the event so everyone will know exactly what to do.

I will still answer any other questions until then....
Thanks Ray....follow up question from experience at Motorama....

How do they (at the gate) know we're rc racers and that our rc race fee covers admission into the park? And what about on Saturday especially? The practice session is free but how do we get in.....do we pay the general admission ticket price of $15 for Saturday?

Just playing devils advocate and trying to have all angles of logistics ironed out. Given the distance I probably can't do both days anyways, but if I were to swing it, I'd like to know what to expect at the gates. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Last event he held at NJMP the rc'ers were to have an rc car visible in your car when you pulled up to the gate. Thats how they knew. I wasn't there, but that's the details he had for the last one.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Ray....follow up question from experience at Motorama....

How do they (at the gate) know we're rc racers and that our rc race fee covers admission into the park? And what about on Saturday especially? The practice session is free but how do we get in.....do we pay the general admission ticket price of $15 for Saturday?

Just playing devils advocate and trying to have all angles of logistics ironed out. Given the distance I probably can't do both days anyways, but if I were to swing it, I'd like to know what to expect at the gates. Thanks!
All you have to do is have an R/C car visible when you get to the gate, so they know you are there for the R/C race. We have done this many times, so you'll be good....

On Saturday (practice day), just show your car and they will let you in for free....
Old 10-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ray, I guess that's why you're considered the man...simple and effective...thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Sadly, aside from the Tamiya df03r (I believe it's the correct chassis name) there isn't much available for rallying anymore... Most of what you can find is used (like my tc3 rally) or you gotta do a big hunt on eBay
how about the old tto1's.They used to be a blast.And there cheaper in price compared to what I've seen.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Ray, I guess that's why you're considered the man...simple and effective...thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmhub1979
I was hoping to come and race. Here is why i'm not.
No need to worry, primary car got "wadded up", just go to the "back up" car in the first pic, the Fiero GT
Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Hey Jeff! What cha gonna be running? I'm bringing my SC game out for the first time!
Oh yea, I think I took take pic of you and someone else mosaic'ed it! It has become very popular I see!
I'll be running rally,,,,you know, with Feeble. And 1/8th buggy to take out Feeble, don't want him getting lonely

Yeah, cool pic, kinda has a "rustic" (not rusty or crusty) look
Old 10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Ray, can you share some more details.....times,1 or 2 days, costs per class, etc.

I love the idea of pairing full scale w/ RC but I need to make sure driving to the end of the earth (ie Millville, NJ) fits within the budget.....

The drive will be worth it. Ray's deals usually add other benefits to add to your pleasure ( is this a condom add???). In this case you will see some spectacular 1/1 scale racing up close and personal that would not normally be available to racers at normal RC venues. Just make sure to bring your camera and/or camcorder.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spurcheck
I'll be running rally,,,,you know, with Feeble. And 1/8th buggy to take out Feeble, don't want him getting lonely

Yeah, cool pic, kinda has a "rustic" (not rusty or crusty) look
Don't forget Jeff this is Off-Road so stay out of the WAY.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TTO1 Racr
how about the old tto1's.They used to be a blast.And there cheaper in price compared to what I've seen.
they would work as well, but are limited on gearing and suspension travel...

I know there are guys overseas (bruno rally series comes to mind) that use the TT01's

but they do need some 'massaging' to get them to work
Old 10-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

My shoulder still hurts a little bit. I got incredibly lucky on so many levels. I fell asleep while driving home from work and the car veered into a telephone pole. Ever see that commercial "my subaru saved my life." ? Well my impreza did just that. If I wasn't wearing my seat belt I probably wouldn't be here right now. I had some rc stuff in the backseat/trunk of my car at the time. (too lazy to take it out of the car) The impact was so massive that my one nimh pack was split in half. I think the rest of my stuff is ok. Once I get my insurance check I'm getting another impreza.

Getting back to my rs4. I'm looking to get 100 plus shipping. I live in the philly area, so shipping will be quick.
Attached Thumbnails OFFROAD Race at New Jersey Motorsport Park Nov 6th-7th!!!!-photo-6.jpg   OFFROAD Race at New Jersey Motorsport Park Nov 6th-7th!!!!-photo-10.jpg  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmhub1979
My shoulder still hurts a little bit. I got incredibly lucky on so many levels. I fell asleep while driving home from work and the car veered into a telephone pole. Ever see that commercial "my subaru saved my life." ? Well my impreza did just that. If I wasn't wearing my seat belt I probably wouldn't be here right now. I had some rc stuff in the backseat/trunk of my car at the time. (too lazy to take it out of the car) The impact was so massive that my one nimh pack was split in half. I think the rest of my stuff is ok. Once I get my insurance check I'm getting another impreza.

Getting back to my rs4. I'm looking to get 100 plus shipping. I live in the philly area, so shipping will be quick.
Wow man, glad everything came out okay for the most part. This is just a reminder to me of how I have to keep it together going home from work. I work 12am to 8am and often times just have barely enough "awake" energy to make it home. Glad everything's cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.