Wiki Posts
Search

Psycho Nitro Blast IV - Jab The Vein 10-13 March, 2011 Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toolmbx6
No battery rules, but for safety's sake we have been advising everyone that ROAR approved batteries are preferred.

- Ollie

Thanks for the quick reply! One more question, in the 20min Amain of E-Buggy is there a required battery change?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Jeff,

for 2011 we will run (2) 10min A mains for all electric classes.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leikam
Jeff,

for 2011 we will run (2) 10min A mains for all electric classes.
Perfect, thank you!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Starting back up Monday after the holiday break. Hope everyone had an awesome holiday and we wish you a happy new year!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

looking at the pics that were posted of the facility, i assume it is a horse arena? Witch I am thinking you are going to be using a top soil type of dirt. Something that packs fairly but doesnt create a "blue/black" groove on the track? Possibly has a loose outside of the grove but just a slight dusting in the grove? The only reason I ask is for tire selection. What worked in the past may be different from what will be fast this year. And you are using a different place than in years past. Also, what can we expect as far as tempetures inside the building? Again, for tires choice. I am starting to get my list for the hobby shop together. Anybody want to share thier tire use of years past? Did they work? Forward/ Side bite? First time going so I dont want to spend half of practice day glueing and balancing tires instead of wearing them out.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jerm13 - Okay here goes.... The dirt is not topsoil at all. It appears to have no organic content. The dirt is a dark red with a high Georgia Red Clay content. Dave and I tested how the dirt compacted when it was damp. It compacted very well under the weight of our feet. It leads me to believe that it will blue groove up, but there is no guarantee. No one has any experience driving on this dirt, so the best tire will have to be figured out starting the Thursday morning of practice.

There was a vast array of tire choices used at last year's PNB, and I am sure that plenty of racers will chime in on what their favorites were.

The average temerature for Unadilla, GA in March is around 55 degrees.

Hope this helps at least a little.

- Ollie

Last edited by toolmbx6; 01-02-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling...oops
Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ollie, Hey tanks for the info. I guess I will probably need a more than a couple different tires. See you guys in March.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

A very special thanks to Jeff Conner and 4C Hobby Supply for signing on to be a level 3 sponsor this year. Jeff's company has been a sponsor since the PNB was first born handing out a ton of hardware including bearings, nuts, bolts, washers, ect. throughout the years. When it comes to hardware, you name it he can get it for you.

Clutch bearings
Drivetrain Bearings
Nuts - Metric and Standard
Bolts - Metric and Standard
Washers - A ton of different sizes
Motor accesories
Anodized hardware
Chargers
Batteries
Brushless equipment
Wire
Connectors

And much more!

4C Hobby Supply will be attending the PNB and will have a store set up inside the arena. All products will be available for viewing and purchase. If you need something before the Psycho give Jeff a call at 770-891-4587 or visit his web site at www.4chobbysupply.com
Old 01-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Oh man! today Ollie and I met JP just south of Atlanta and picked up our new drivers stand. This baby is awesome! It will be 13 feet high and 48 feet long. for the guys in pit lane you will have a table area the full length of the drivers stand to put starter boxes, cars, radios, ect. Everything at the PNB is big and this drivers stand certainly fits the bill.

We will also be mounting (2) 42' flat screen TV's on the stand for guys in pit lane to keep up with their driver and record and view important lap times and posistion on track.

Of course the color of the stand is not PNB taste so we will be painting it a nice flat black this week.

Remember, the drivers stand will be wheelchair accessible with a bump out so we hope to see everyone there!

We have only just begun.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am getting friggin' psyched about the race now. It's getting close and starting to feel a lot more real every day. Things are coming together and people are calling from all over the country and Canada asking questions. Dave and I have worked into the night several times over the last month both getting details ironed out and brainstorming for new and improved things for you. I can't even tell you how much of a good time we are going to have.

We had a conversation the other day that started me thinking about the slightly different preparation that is usually undertaken at a larger, multi-day event like this. I bring this up because there are many racers out there that will be coming to the PNB that have not had much experience with larger events. Believe me, a DNF in a heat or your main is absolutely a kick in the head. I am not going to present myself as an expert in race prep. Instead I hope to start some of your (or your friend's) thinking with regard to practice, qualifying, and main days. Feel free to let us hear your way of doing things.

The first thing to do is to go over your car completely before you arrive to the race. Shock oils, diff oils, check all bearings, clean or replace clutch bearings, make sure all universals are going to make it the weekend, clean and deburr or replace clutch shoes, check your throttle return spring or rubber band. By the way, a return spring is not only necessary for safety's sake, it will also make your idle and throttle response more accurate and predictable.

When you put your car on the track for practice the first time, try to simply learn the track by repitition and try not to take many risks. You are not racing yet! Don't waste your time trying to find the best tire for the track because the track will change significantly over the next 34 hours. Waiting until Thursday night or some time Friday will give you a better indication of race conditions. Find the fast lines by watching known Pros. Learn them, and then test out alternative lines to use in case you are trying to pass someone in a heat or a main. Don't rub with other racers in practice. Contact is not productive.

Treat the heats at the PNB as you would a main at a local track. You have probably worked your car half to death with the 34 hours of practice you had before the first qual, so check EVERYTHING before the first heat. Charge your battery. One of the best ways to catch hidden (or overlooked) problems is to clean your car. Simply cleaning your car forces you to look at many details that you may normally overlook. Dirty cars have more DNF's. Check every screw and nut. REPLACE your clutch bearings before heat one! And now that you have replaced your clutch bearings, you need to re-check your carb opening settings after installing your engine. This step is overlooked with startling regularity. If you do not do this, your idle will be wrong and your wide-open setting will be off. Sheesh! Can't believe how many people screw this up! If your fuel lid pull loop is made of a zip tie, replace it if it is more than a couple of months old. Many of them become brittle when exposed to fuel and they always, ALWAYS break at the worst time.

So now you have completed the heats and are looking forward to your main. Clean your car again and check every screw and nut. Charge your battery. If I were you, I would change your clutch bearings again and debur or replace the clutch shoes again for insurance. If you plan on running your trick, new, smokin' hot body on your car for the main, mount it on your vehicle and make absolutely sure that it fits correctly way ahead of time.

Kinda feel like I am writing a manual, so I will stop.

Lots more info to come right around the corner, so keep checking back.

Can't wait to see you all!

- Ollie
Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

The Psycho Nitro Blast would like to thank Joe and Frank Zatika, Chad Phillips and Absolute Hobbyz for their support of this years PNB. Absolute Hobbyz has signed on to be a level 3 sponsor, our highest level, and 1st year PNB pro buggy champion Chad Phillips will be flying down in Frank's personal twin engine plane to attend the event once again. Frank and Chad will be bringing with them a ton of product to be given away to the lucky PNB racers.

Absolute Hobbyz is your one stop shop for all your racing needs. Located in New Jersey, Absolute hobbyz has seen a tremendous growth locally and nationally over the past years. Not only do they serve racers in the states but have a very strong following overseas as well.

With a huge selection of just about everything, Absolute Hobbyz supplies the serious racer or enthusiast with diverse selection, great prices and fast shipping anywhere. Please check them out at www.absolutehobbyz.com or call 1-732-469-2202 and ask for Chad.

We have another cool announcement concerning Absolute Hobbyz that we will be releasing shortly. Stay tuned for that!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Leikam

The Psycho Nitro Blast would like to thank Joe and Frank Zatika, Chad Phillips and Absolute Hobbyz for their support of this years PNB. Absolute Hobbyz has signed on to be a level 3 sponsor, our highest level, and 1st year PNB pro buggy champion Chad Phillips will be flying down in Frank's personal twin engine plane to attend the event once again. Frank and Chad will be bringing with them a ton of product to be given away to the lucky PNB racers.

Absolute Hobbyz is your one stop shop for all your racing needs. Located in New Jersey, Absolute hobbyz has seen a tremendous growth locally and nationally over the past years. Not only do they serve racers in the states but have a very strong following overseas as well.

With a huge selection of just about everything, Absolute Hobbyz supplies the serious racer or enthusiast with diverse selection, great prices and fast shipping anywhere. Please check them out at www.absolutehobbyz.com or call 1-732-469-2202 and ask for Chad.

We have another cool announcement concerning Absolute Hobbyz that we will be releasing shortly. Stay tuned for that!
Thanks for the kind words Dave, Frank and I look forward to attending the race.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default jumps?

just wondering are you guys building jumps of wood or dirt??
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

It will be a combination of our signature wooden ramps and dirt ones. The five prominent sections we have designed are sure to be epic not to mention laid out on one monster track.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

The PNB would like to thank Gene Hickerson and Agama USA for their sponsorship of the Psycho Nitro Blast. Agama is donating an Agama A8 buggy kit and a nice selection of accessories. Gene will be bringing a 20 foot trailer up from Florida and will be setup in our vendor area. He will be able to supply Agama pilots with parts and setup advice during the event.

Please visit www.agamausa.com, www.vp-pro-usa.com or www.raceVPpro.com for a full run down on all the Agama products or call (941) 706-7893 and ask for Gene.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.