Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2011 REEDY INTETRNATIONAL OFFROAD RACE OF CHAMPIONS >

2011 REEDY INTETRNATIONAL OFFROAD RACE OF CHAMPIONS

2011 REEDY INTETRNATIONAL OFFROAD RACE OF CHAMPIONS

Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default Entries Re-Opening

Sunday, December 19th at 1200pm PST entries will re-open to fill the Open Class. Only 150 entries will be taken total, so if you want to get in on the event be sure to sign up early. No more lottery or waiting list. First paid, first entered. I'm guessing there will be about 40 entries available.

More details can be found here: http://www.teamassociated.com/news/a...e_of_Champions
Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Brent - can you recommend a hotel close by?
The host hotel is the Holdiay Inn - LaMirada. $89 per night and a shuttle to the track.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Also close by is Extended Stay America hotel. They are only $62. a night and maybe 1/3 mile further down the same road as Holiday inn.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

HI Guys,

Thanks for BT for keeping things update on here, As he posted entries have reopened for the open classes for the remaining spots from the original drivers who have not paid. It is on a first paid, first entered basis.
Took about a dozen entries today and I am sure the rest will fill up shortly.

All of us involved in the RR are excited to be bringing back this most prestigious event to the US and hosting it at West Coast RC. We have lots of cool things planned and some special surprises also. We have assembled 32 of the worlds top drivers in the invitational division to bring the most exciting format of RC you have ever witnessed.

We choose the Holiday Inn to be our host hotel because they seem to have the best facilities for us and we really professional in working with them. We also were able to work out with them to have a Shuttle Van take us to and from the track each morning and night, which will make it very convenient for everyone.

If have have always wanted to be part of a big event and something really special. I hope you will make plans to join us for the 2011 Reedy Race of Champions.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 12-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and are ready for the New Year,

Entries continue to come in for the open division. There are still some openings if you would like to join.

We are very excited to bring the RR back and looking forward to seeing the best in the world putting on a great show.

Happy New Year to all.
Scotty
Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Scotty or BT,

Which JC Bar Code tire is going to be used in the rear? Original or V2?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
@Josh - Scotty is in charge of all the entries and will be contacting the waiting list in order. This should be happening now.

@ab1105 - We will be putting in the layout the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday before the event. Danny S says that running on the track is a good way to pack it, so there will be practice on Wednesday for non-entered drivers to help seat the layout. Most likely this will be some of the West Coast local short course racers. NO 1:8 SCALES THOUGH.
Brent or / and Scotty:

I have a question....The original plan was to build the track on Mon Jan 17 and Tues 18th right? I called down to WCRC and talked to Kevin. He said that the track for the RROC is already build. Also, he mentioned that they are practicing/ racing on it backwards with no restrictions for who can run on it,etc. So.... if anyone can run on the layout backwards from now (Jan 18th as I write this).....shouldn't RROC entrants be able to run on the backwards layout on Tuesday (25th) and Wednesday (26th)? It would only be fair to out of town people. We spend alot to attend the races. It helps to get practice on the track. The Open class will only get 3 runs on Thursday and 1 on Friday. More practice on the track backwards or forwards is better than none. Either that or change the track yet again....which seems like alot of work.

Another thing is the control tires. As you know, the bar codes and scrubs tend to work better when they are broken in a little. Are we able to pick up our marked/branded race tires prior to Thursday, Jan 20th? That way we can at least break them in somewhere else or in the parking lot.

Please let me know your thoughts on these two issues when you get a chance.

Last edited by ab1105; 01-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ab1105
Brent or / and Scotty:

I have a question....The original plan was to build the track on Mon Jan 17 and Tues 18th right? I called down to WCRC and talked to Kevin. He said that the track for the RROC is already build. Also, he mentioned that they are practicing/ racing on it backwards with no restrictions for who can run on it,etc. So.... if anyone can run on the layout backwards from now (Jan 18th as I write this).....shouldn't RROC entrants be able to run on the backwards layout on Tuesday (25th) and Wednesday (26th)? It would only be fair to out of town people. We spend alot to attend the races. It helps to get practice on the track. The Open class will only get 3 runs on Thursday and 1 on Friday. More practice on the track backwards or forwards is better than none. Either that or change the track yet again....which seems like alot of work.

Another thing is the control tires. As you know, the bar codes and scrubs tend to work better when they are broken in a little. Are we able to pick up our marked/branded race tires prior to Thursday, Jan 20th? That way we can at least break them in somewhere else or in the parking lot.

Please let me know your thoughts on these two issues when you get a chance.
The track is not in 100%. The pipes have been laid in the RROC configuration and being run in the opposite direction. The reason for this is because the track surface needs time to settle (straightaway fro example). The jumps in now are temporary and there are no restrictions on who can or can't run on it.

Sunday, after racing is finished, the jumps for the RROC will be installed and the track run in the "correct" direction M-W before the race. It is for these three days that those signed up for the race are not allowed to run.

Changing the direction of the track and the location/size of the jumps really does make for a new track. There will always be a home track advantage which is achieved by racing there all the time and gaining knowledge. Anything learned between now and Sunday is not going to help much if at all.

I do not know when tires will be available but allowing sales on Wed. would definitely help prevent any delays in Thursday. Please contact the track about sales. And I don't see why you could't take the tires to another track to break them in as long as you followed the RROC tire rules.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The track is not in 100%. The pipes have been laid in the RROC configuration and being run in the opposite direction. The reason for this is because the track surface needs time to settle (straightaway fro example). The jumps in now are temporary and there are no restrictions on who can or can't run on it.

Sunday, after racing is finished, the jumps for the RROC will be installed and the track run in the "correct" direction M-W before the race. It is for these three days that those signed up for the race are not allowed to run.

Changing the direction of the track and the location/size of the jumps really does make for a new track. There will always be a home track advantage which is achieved by racing there all the time and gaining knowledge. Anything learned between now and Sunday is not going to help much if at all.

I do not know when tires will be available but allowing sales on Wed. would definitely help prevent any delays in Thursday. Please contact the track about sales. And I don't see why you could't take the tires to another track to break them in as long as you followed the RROC tire rules.

Thanks for the explanation about the track.

I contacted Kevin at WCRC. He said to ask Brent about tire sales and the track because they haven't been given any instructions as of yet. I'm trying to plan when to arrive. That's why I am wondering.

Last edited by ab1105; 01-19-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Reedy Race Update

Lake Forest, CA – In just over one week, the greatest electric offroad racers descend on West Coast R/C Raceway in La Mirada, CA to compete for the title of Reedy Race champion. As the hype continues to build, so do questions about the format & scheduling. Below is a list of updates pertaining to the facility, layout, tires, and other items.

Track Layout

- The pipe layout was installed on January 16; however, the racing direction and jumps will be changed to the official layout on Monday, January 24. This is to provide the best possible racing surface at the time of the event.

Practice

- In order to provide a fair event, drivers entered in to the Reedy Race may not drive on the layout from Monday, January 24 through Wednesday, January 26.
- Orange County R/C Raceway (OC/RC) will be open and available for practice leading up to the event. Information about the facility and hours can be found at www.ocrcraceway.com or by calling (714) 892-6699.
- On Thursday, January 27, the Open class drivers will have one round of “Free Practice” and two rounds of “Seeding Practice”. The three fastest consecutive laps in either round of “Seeding Practice” will place drivers in their qualifiers.
- For the Invitational drivers, “Free Practice” is both Thursday and Friday. There are three rounds of for each class on Thursday and two rounds on Friday. There is one final round on Friday where the driver may choose which vehicle to use.

Pitting

- Invitational drivers will have assigned pit spaces by team with minimal additional spots for designated mechanics.
- Open class drivers can reserve spaces on Thursday, January 27 at 7:30 am.

Tire Rules

- Check-in and tire sales and will begin Wednesday, January 26 at 3:00 pm and will cost $14.00 per pair.
- Tires used in “Seeding Heats”, “Heat Races” & “Main Events” must be purchased and marked by the organizer.
- Tire additives (including motor spray) are not allowed. Cleaning the mounting bead is allowed.
- Invitational tires will be collected and impounded overnight.

For more information, please visit: www.reedyrace.com/
Old 01-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for all the answers in a speedy manner.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Reedy race video's and pics

Hey everybody some pics are posted at www.rcinsider.com...

I am shooting both invite and non invite drivers...

Great seeing everyone today at the track...

Sincerely,

Jeremy
www.rcinsider.com
Old 01-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Has anyone seen the Qual Points from the first three open rounds posted anywhere?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default more videos

more reedy race of champions videos just posted...

WWW.rcinsider.com
Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How about the complete results of the A-Mains in the Invitational classes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.