Wiki Posts
Search

Jim's RC World, Carpet Racing in South Central PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hey Bobby,

We may end up coming up to your neck of the woods to race on carpet this winter. Troy and I are looking into the micro cars (M18) to race on carpet.

There are some pictures posted on this thread. On the first page you'll find pictures that will give you a good idea of the size and shape. On page 8 you can see a portion of the carpeted track.

The practice schedule is also posted on the last page.

Weekly Practice Schedule:
(Until further notice to allow for continued construction, and the beginning of the race season)

Sundays: 10am – 6pm (On Road and Oval Practice)
Mondays: Closed
Tuesdays: 12pm – 8pm (On Road and Oval Practice)
Wednesdays: 12pm – 8pm (On Road and Oval Practice)
Thursdays: 12pm – 8pm (Off Road and Oval Practice)
Fridays: 12pm – 8pm (Off Road and Oval Practice)
Saturdays: 10am – 6pm (Off Road and Oval Practice)
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool deal Double Green, I'll see you there
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is the address,

1069 Pines Road
Etters, PA, 17319
Old 08-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

First Visit

Randy called his good friend and Tamiya TCS R/C buddy, Austin Vacek (Hanover, PA) to meet up at Jim's RC World in Etters, PA. We arrived at 10:30, unpacked and was immediately greeted by Jim as he was still touching up the paint on the newly installed benches. Jim then gave us the 99 cents speech about the good things that are coming to Jim's RC World.

Great, but getting on the carpet with the mod and 13.5 XRAY T3 cars was all we were thinking at the time. After the batteries finished charging, then came Tim Haskins (Team Psycho Cells). Tim remembered us and gave us another 99 cents speech about the great things that are coming to RC World. These guys were off to a good start because both speeches were very similar. It shows that they have a plan and both are working from the same page.

The entire track is about 100 x 48. It is well lit, new carpet on a 4 inch subfloor that was professionally installed. In fact, all the carpentry looks professional. The color palette for the place is grey carpet, white walls, black vertical wood and red trim for the benches and railing.

We counted 4 large gas heaters hanging from the ceiling, about 20 fans, and about 7 very large garage doors. With 5 of the garage doors open, almost half the building is open to a private lot. There will be a small hobby shop located in the front of the building.

With the wood subfloor, traction after several 5 minutes runs was getting better and better. Near the end of the day, Karl and his mod 12th scale was holding much more throttle in the corners. Randy and Austin had the only touring cars out. The rest of the cars were VTA and micros with foam tires.

Here is a practice video shot earlier in the day before the traction got better. The car is a XRAY T3 with a 13.5. You can see the oval section of the track at the top of the video. Jim and Tim plan on working out some of the kinks with the layouts and the barriers before the track goes public. We look forward to running here again. Jim's RC World will be a great venue to practice carpet racing this fall and winter. 1 -1/2 hours drive for us and no tolls is a big plus.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Austin and his Tamiya 416 with a 13.5

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-29-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I stopped after work today to check it out, and run some laps. Nice track, pit area, and people. It should be alot of fun. Thanks.

Last edited by AUDI 0000; 08-31-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Track looks great...even better than I had pictured in my head. Once a lot more cars start hitting the track, traction will come way up...new carpet.

Two suggestions...first one I'm assuming you are running the track counterclockwise because of the oval. Two, put the straight on the far side of the track from the driver stand. Other than that...
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Track looks nice... too bad its soo far away from me
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Family and I had a great time running today. Track is starting to get a nice groove. The kids had a ball driving their new 12th scalers. Everyone have a good week and see you all again very soon.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2010-11 Race Schedule Announcement

Jim’s R/C World is going to start racing the first weekend in October. That is October 2nd and 3rd. The first two weekends will be non-points races. This will give racers enough time to get used to the new race track and allow all the outdoor racing to finish up. The first weekend of points racing will be October 16th and 17th. The East Coast Championships is the 5th - 7th of November, so please keep in mind that there will be no club racing that weekend. Additional details of the complete points schedule will be posted in the next week or two.

Please keep in mind that for Sunday racing we will have to limit the number of classes to keep the day from becoming extremely long. At this point we feel that Sunday’s racing will be limited to a maximum of 12 total classes. This will allow for 6 classes for the On Road, and 6 classes for the Oval. We are asking racers to email Jim to let him know what classes they would like to run on a regular weekly basis. We are also considering alternating a couple classes every other week on Sundays. This would allow all the classes listed to be ran during the season, but for a few of the lesser popular classes, they would be alternated out every other week so that we can maintain the 12 total class limit on any given Sunday. We also understand that not all of these classes may even be popular anymore, and may also help dictate what classes, and how many are raced on Sundays. So again, Please email Jim at [email protected] to let him know what classes you would like to see run on a regular weekly basis. Jim wants to work with the racers to put together a racing schedule that the racers want. The email feedback he receives from all of you, as well as racer turnout the first several weeks will be a big influence on his decision. So please email Jim with your input, and show your support at the track.

Below is a very tentative listing of classes that we feel may be running at our track.

Stadium Off Road - Saturdays
1/18 Open Stadium
1/18 Sportsman
1/18 Short Course
1/16 Revo/Slash
1/10 Short Course
1/10 2WD Truck 17.5 no boost

On Road - Sundays
1/18 Micro Touring Stock
1/18 Micro Touring Open
1/18 Rally
1/12 Pan Car 13.5
1/10 Sedan 17.5
1/10 Sedan Mod
1/10 Trans Am 21.5
1/10 Mini

Oval - Sundays
1/18 Sprint Stock
1/18 Truck Open
1/18 Late Model
1/10 Slider Sprint
1/10 Slider Late Model
1/10 4WD Sedan
1/10 Trans Am 21.5
1/10 Slash
Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

For those of you who do not know me, I am the owner of Team Psycho Cells. I have been helping Jim out with the construction and promotion of his new track and hobby shop. I primarily only make my way out to the micro section of RCTech, so if you have any direct questions for me, or posts on this thread that you want me to respond to, please PM me. To further go into detail of Sundays racing for those of you who are not as familiar with our situation, I will explain it the best I can. Jim's RC World is located just a few miles down the road from Bumps and Jumps. Even though Bumps and Jumps is a dirt track, many of the racers also run the indoor carpet classes that will be running at Jims. For that reason, we had to shape our schedule so that it did not conflict with Bumps and Jumps. Bumps and Jumps races Oval on Saturdays, and Off Road on Sundays. This meant that we had to run our Stadium Off Road on Saturdays, and our Oval on Sundays. The On Road also had to be run on Sundays because of the Stadium Off Road jumps laid out on Saturdays. Jim and the rest of the staff understand that combining the On Road and Oval can make for allot of classes, which is why we are trying to find out what classes are still popular, and what classes guys want to race on a regular weekly basis. As I said in my announcement, not all of the classes listed may even be classes that will run at our track, or for a couple of the less popular classes, we may alternate every other week running them. All I can say is please email Jim with you input, and show your support these first several weeks. He very much wants to race what ever all of you want, but at the same time we have to be careful that we do not overload Sunday's racing. I hope to see and race with all of you in the next couple weeks.

Thank You,
Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

looking forward to carpet racing, some of us will be traveling from the Balt-Wash area, some are looking to create an option for carpet racing down here, but untill then, road trip !
Question, do the guys coming from the dirt with the offroad cars to run on carpet have a place at Jim's to clean off their cars before shaking off all the dirt on the carpet ?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casey
looking forward to carpet racing, some of us will be traveling from the Balt-Wash area, some are looking to create an option for carpet racing down here, but untill then, road trip !
Question, do the guys coming from the dirt with the offroad cars to run on carpet have a place at Jim's to clean off their cars before shaking off all the dirt on the carpet ?
Most of them have separate cars they run on the carpet. For example, an off road guy might run 1/10 Off Road at Bumps, and 1/18 Stadium at Jims. So in most cases, you don not have the issue of any dirt coming over to Jim's. That being said, we do have a strict policy in place that vehicles and tires have to be cleaned before running on our carpet.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

We are still trying to feel out what classes guys are going to want to run. I will re-list the classes in the announcement I posted last week. The list of classes is just a general list of possible classes that could be ran at Jim's. Not all these classes will be ran, and other could be added if something has been overlooked. Please let us know what you guys think, or would like to see ran at Jim's.

(Please note: After further testing and review, we changed some of the classes on this list).

Stadium Off Road - Saturdays
1/18 Open Stadium
1/18 Sportsman
1/18 Short Course
1/16 Revo/Slash
1/10 Slash Only (Open tire, except Pin style tires)
1/10 Short Course (17.5 or factory stock silver can motor/Open tire, except Pin style tires)
1/10 2WD Truck 13.5 no boost / Slick Style tires Only

On Road - Sundays
1/18 Micro Touring Stock (Ammo 2650kv Brushless Motor)
1/18 Micro Touring Open
1/18 Rally
1/12 Pan Car 13.5
1/10 Sedan 17.5
1/10 Sedan Mod
1/10 Trans Am 21.5
1/10 Mini

Oval - Sundays
1/18 Sprint Stock
1/18 Truck Open
1/18 Late Model
1/10 Slider Sprint
1/10 Late Model
1/10 4WD Sedan
1/10 Trans Am 21.5
1/10 Slash
Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys im coming to race touring car this sunday... i was wondering if someone could have the tekin sofware i could use? lmk.

thanks

D.J.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scooterman1995
hey guys im coming to race touring car this sunday... i was wondering if someone could have the tekin sofware i could use? lmk.

thanks

D.J.
D.J. I have 208 on my laptop. I should be there around 10am.You are more than welcome to use it.

Bob W.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.