Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL (Sept 11, 2010)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL (Sept 11, 2010)

MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL  (Sept 11, 2010)-mini-brawl-2.jpg

Ok, hear we go if you love to race 2wd and or 4wd mini then this is exactly what you need. Two classes 2WD mini (light weight) and 4wd mini (heavyweight). One trophy for each class and bragging rights until the next Brawl takes place. There will be top notch drivers coming from as far as Connecticut to run in this race and lets not forget some of the intense top notch drivers in our area such as Tamiya 2wd mini champ Ray K, and HPI sponsored driver Todd Marshall. Also without the Maryland 8 I wouldn't have been inspired to promote this race. We have sponsors (Team Scream Batteries, Castle Creations, Exotek Racing, Sweep Tires, Skyrocket Batteries, and HPI Racing) that have stepped up to support the mini class that is rapidly growing. I appreciate their support as well as all the racers. We will be giving out door prizes and have lunch for the racers. The man to announce this great event will be none other than Tedd "GREEN GREEN GREEN" Brown.

The flyer states that the 4wd main starts will be tone, but after consideration we have changed it to a rolling start with a pace car with working lights. The body rule has also changed. Initially we were running old school bodies but after testing the old school bodies we realized they were not wide enough to protect the chassis. The NEW body rule: you can run any body that is a non-1/10 touring car body (we have all been racing long enough to know what this means), it has to be realistic and an actual race car. Wing rule is still the same.

This year since we are just starting out we let things kinda slide, but for the Brawl we can not let anything slide. So, make sure your whip is ready to rock.

Any questions pm me.

Denmark
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OK, D beat me up enough, the mini build is in process. I'm in. See ya' all on the 11th.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We will be bringing some of our traveling mini crew down to take it "all" :-D
Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Hope I'll be ready for the Big "Brawl"!
I'll need to enter in both classes just to increase my odds
Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I'm in for both!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Default ?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Default 2wd tire change

2wd mini drivers

After consideration Ray K and I thought that if you were allowed to run any mini tire that you could save your very expensive tamiya tires for the TCS races that are held through out the year. So you may run any mini tire on your 2wd coopers.

Denmark
Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

interesting concept, like to see these cars your all into now. missed them on the occasion i've stopped by. i did just pick up a cheap m03. have to put it on the calendar and see if it'll stick.

R
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Default mini brawl Sept 11, 2010

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
interesting concept, like to see these cars your all into now. missed them on the occasion i've stopped by. i did just pick up a cheap m03. have to put it on the calendar and see if it'll stick.

R
what's up Ryan, you do a lot of posting but no racing LOL when are you gonna grace us with your presence. You have no excuse now because you just said you picked up an m03. I do expect to see you on sept. 11 to support a local race in your own back yard.

Denmark
Old 08-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Cool

. . . Yeah right . . . . . : > . . . . Thanks Big " D " . . .

Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 3-Dee
what's up Ryan, you do a lot of posting but no racing LOL when are you gonna grace us with your presence. You have no excuse now because you just said you picked up an m03. I do expect to see you on sept. 11 to support a local race in your own back yard.

Denmark
I agree D come on out Ryan, let's have some fun.

Last edited by litsluv; 08-14-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 AM

i say nice things and thats the response. I thought i was in the track thread for a moment.

James, many of us in the 2wd buggy group have done something similar to what you have done with this mini touring car thing. We've tired of tracks closing us out with 1/8scale layouts, or cuttin tracks down to appease/sell SCTs, long travels, reduced practice due to either oval or nitro practice/warmups, and just plain tracks closing. So the idea was for the 2-3 guys who have backyard tracks to say ok we're meeting there, have a backyard BBQ and run. So thats been the deal for last couple mths, show up hang out, bs, bench race, run 5000s out and have a ball. slowest fast lap buys lunch. Sometimes its real good to go do your own thing and get back to the egg if you will. I see your achieving similar rewards for your efforts.

R
Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
i say nice things and thats the response. I thought i was in the track thread for a moment.

James, many of us in the 2wd buggy group have done something similar to what you have done with this mini touring car thing. We've tired of tracks closing us out with 1/8scale layouts, or cuttin tracks down to appease/sell SCTs, long travels, reduced practice due to either oval or nitro practice/warmups, and just plain tracks closing. So the idea was for the 2-3 guys who have backyard tracks to say ok we're meeting there, have a backyard BBQ and run. So thats been the deal for last couple mths, show up hang out, bs, bench race, run 5000s out and have a ball. slowest fast lap buys lunch. Sometimes its real good to go do your own thing and get back to the egg if you will. I see your achieving similar rewards for your efforts.

R
I hear ya and this is not not blast Ryan post by no means I'm just kidding with you so don't take it personal. I just want some support from the people in the area. To show you how serious I am if you host a 2w buggy race I will put some electronics in my B3 and support you, just because that's how I roll. That goes for anyone in the area, if I have the car in my closet somewhere.

Denmark
Old 08-14-2010, 04:58 PM

i know what u meant, however some other folks don't seem so interested in helping your promote your event-if anything only helping to dissuade.

R
Old 08-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Ryan, let's race!!!!! Hope to see you on the 11th

D, got doen into the low 14's today, still not where you are,but it's getting better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.