Search

DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anythinggas
Thanks,
I was going to stop by on Thursday and take a look at it.
Too late. I was told last race day that it broke the race before. A little surprised that no one had checked it out yet.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa
Boomer! Long time no see.

If you plan on racing anything other than the largest tracks you only need a 1900kv. I switched my Castle 2200kv to a Tekin RX8 1900kv and it is much more drivable.
i know im getting back out there more and more though..but im still looking for a motor...the 2050 blew but it just wasnt giving me the wheel speed i needed.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drcw197
i know im getting back out there more and more though..but im still looking for a motor...the 2050 blew but it just wasnt giving me the wheel speed i needed.
Here is a decent sensorless motor on the cheap:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m802-4074-2150kv.html
Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Huge offroad race at DRCW next weekend. I hope to see all the indoor offroad guys there. The track needs some maintenance. Hope to see everyone pitching in to get in shape for next weekend.

All joking aside. Why is it that there is so much interest in indoor offroad?yet very few if any help with the offroad track that is already there. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Btw- was joking about big race

Last edited by Jamison R; 07-28-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

I would venture a guess that some people are under the misguided impression that an indoor track is less work and upkeep.

Might be true of some of the facilities built from the start with climate and humidity control, but in the existing space, I foresee the need to bring a respirator for indoor dirt racing...
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

This looks real fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnDCcboyzw&feature=plcp
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are making it fair to all the people that are DRCW membership holders to vote. If carpet wins we will put new carpet down and if dirty wins we will put clay inside but most of the members didn't know that we were thinking about this and didn't know there was going to be a club. So its fair to let everyone to make the choice of what goes on inside. So Debbie's is not making the choice we are leaving it up to the member to choose what happens in the back.
I have the sheet at the shop racers have came in the shop and have sign the sheet.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I never said it wasn't fair. I'm saying nobody helps with, works on or gives a care about the offroad outdoor track. What makes indoor dirt any different?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa
This looks real fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnDCcboyzw&feature=plcp
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That does look awesome, Jason. Will DRCW indoor look just like that?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jamison R
What makes indoor dirt any different?
Year round bashing and even more people complaining about the track condition.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
I never said it wasn't fair. I'm saying nobody helps with, works on or gives a care about the offroad outdoor track. What makes indoor dirt any different?

The offroad track is not friendly for the classes that guys that race debbies run. That track is not 1/10th friendly. Dirt is of poor quality and gets abused during the week. There is none watching the dirt track, anyone can do anything on the track((like run when its too wet and cause ruts/craters). I showed up with nitro 1/8th and there where only the guys that I came with(ANT and JIM). E buggy was decent but I noticed most of the carpet guys would strap up a 1/10th 2wd buggy or short course and try the dirt. Indoor dirt makes that transition that much easier. It still requires work to maintain indoor BUT IT IS MUCH EASIER.... no dealing with erosion issues, rain, bicycles, etc.etc.etc For the last time... CARPET IS DEAD.... no denying it.... The club should not be making the decision. This should purely be a BUSINESS decision... made by the track/shop owner. That makes it easy for everyone to accept.

I guarantee that Debbies sells 5x as many off road vehicles than onroad. No brainer when you look at the business side of it...

Carpet guys you have had the indoor since the beginning of Debbies at that location... Time for something different....

I for one will volunteer one night a week for track maintenance(indoor offroad).
Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joshdrcw
We are making it fair to all the people that are DRCW membership holders to vote. If carpet wins we will put new carpet down and if dirty wins we will put clay inside but most of the members didn't know that we were thinking about this and didn't know there was going to be a club. So its fair to let everyone to make the choice of what goes on inside. So Debbie's is not making the choice we are leaving it up to the member to choose what happens in the back.
I have the sheet at the shop racers have came in the shop and have sign the sheet.

Josh you gotta let us know what the voting numbers are... I love elections!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If you base the "carpet is dead" argument on # of racers showing up. Offroad is dead too. I just don't wanna see the carpet torn up for another crappy track. I'm a little reserved about the change when the crappy carpet track is the best track out of the 3.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Judging by jamison and harry I would say offroad is winning. Sweet.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

How is the outdoor asphalt crappy? Its everything you and the other regulars made it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.