Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2010 Ipanema US GT Nationals September 3rd through 5th > 2010 Ipanema US GT Nationals September 3rd through 5th

2010 Ipanema US GT Nationals September 3rd through 5th

Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
O'yeah, care to share some of those set-up?
Yeah sure. I was lucky enough to have allllllllllloooooooooootttttttt of help getting it here so I would be a real arse not to give back some. I printed off a setup sheet from infernos only and as soon as I have it all filled in I will scan it and post it.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The car that flips over in front of the driver's stand at the 2:30 mark doesn't seem to have a buggy based chassis. Is it allowed in the "GT" rules? Just wondering.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up YES..WE GO

We are going to be there,, direct from Puerto Rico ; is not september yet ?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

That was a Ofna DM-1 pro. It is legal
Old 07-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SERPENTPR View Post
We are going to be there,, direct from Puerto Rico ; is not september yet ?
Very cool!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

September is getting closer!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

56 days and counting.......................
Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Axe motor rossi

Man this event is going to be unforgetable I'm doing the best I can and hopefully run both open and spec classes. Mmmm maybe I can run both with the same car just swap engines.... then again that might be to much work...

I got an axe motor rossi i'd like to run on the open class. What to do???
Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

sorry if this has already been posted, but looking for rules for this race...especially as it relates to the different classes.

regards-
Eric
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

The following rules were taken from here:
http://usgtnats.sports.officelive.co...ventRules.aspx

Ipanema Sports 2010 GT Racing Event Rules

Our events offer 3 different GT classes. They are known as "GT Open, GT Spec, GT Electric".

The rules for all GT classes are very similar with only a few exceptions. They allow for some “racer innovations” to flourish, while remaining true to the spirit of North American style GT racing.

All brands of R/C cars that fit into the following class rules are permitted to compete at our events.

The following are Ipanema Sports official GT class rules:

GT Open Rules:

1. Chassis: Any “1/8 Buggy/Truggy Based & Shaft-Driven” chassis GT nitro cars. (Any manufacturer or off-road racer conversions are OK too)

2. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body; must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. The engine’s cooling head fins can not be exposed from top or sides of body. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

3. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires are OK. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (No “foam” tires are permitted)

4. Fuel Capacity: All cars can only have 1 fuel tank with a maximum tank capacity of 150cc.

5. No "D-Box" or "Drift-Box" electronics systems permitted.

6. All cars must have functional personal transponder at all times when on the track surface. (Sorry, no track rental units will be available during the event).

GT Spec Rules:

All GT Spec class cars will follow the same rules #1 to #6 of the "GT Open" Class with the following exceptions:

1. Chassis: GT Spec cars can only use commercially available production aluminum lower chassis plates. (No Carbon Fiber Lower Chassis plates in “GT Spec” are permitted.)

2. Tires: Ipanema tires are the official "Control Tire" for the GT Spec class. Correct shores for the event track will be available to all Spec class racers to maintain a level playing field during the event.

3. Diffs: GT Spec cars must be equipped with standard gear diffs only. No "TCD" type diffs permitted in GT Spec.

4. Engine: GT Spec cars can use any of the “Spec-Approved” engines. All Spec engine internals must remain “100% un-modified factory stock”.

5. Engine Mods Not Permitted: All GT Spec car racers may elect to remove “Pull-Start” assemblies from “Spec-Approved” engines and replace rear engine “back-plates”; but the engine’s crankshaft & all internals must remain “100% un-modified factory stock”.

6. GT Spec “Top 3” class winners’ engines will receive full engine tech inspections at the end of the “A Main to insure legality & compliance with “Spec” class engine list and no internal mod rules.

7. Fuel Capacity: All cars can only have 1 fuel tank with a maximum tank capacity of 150cc.

8. No "Fuel Guns" are permitted in the GT Spec class.

9. No "adjustable" or "slider" type clutch units allowed, Only 2, 3 & 4 shoe buggy based systems are OK.

10. No "D-Box" or "Drift-Box " electronics systems permitted.

GT Spec Class Approved Engines:

Kyosho: GXR28SG
Kyosho: GXR28 (KYO74025)
Ofna: .28 Force (OFN52217)
Axial: .28 Spec (AX001)
Axial: .28 Spec (AX002)

OS Engines .21VG SMG2058 21VG (P) & OSMG2059 21VG (P)-X

Any discrepancies or violations of internal engine "Mods" will result in first a warning to make the car compliant prior to running the car. Any violations of internal engine "Mods"rules found after any "Main" will result in event disqualification. The GT Spec class is intended to offer a fun & level playing field for all.

GT Electric Open Rules:

1. Chassis: Any “1/8 Buggy/Truggy Based & Shaft-Driven” chassis GT nitro cars. (Any manufacturer or off-road racer conversions are OK too)

2. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body; must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

3. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires are OK. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (No “foam” tires are permitted)

We are in the process of finishing up the new GT Electric class rules.

They are expected to be finished very soon.

GT Electric racers are asked to please check this site for final rule updates.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

I like the no fuel gun rule
Old 07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Not interested in running this class, but I do follow the thread. Why no fuel gun?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottyLV View Post
Not interested in running this class, but I do follow the thread. Why no fuel gun?
In skilled hands a fuel gun offers a proven pit time refueling advantage over a standard plastic bottle.

Since the main concept behind our “GT Spec” class is to attempt to offer as “level” a playing field as possible, the fuel gun advantage is out of the equation.

Our “No Fuel Gun” rule applies only to our “GT Spec” class, they're fine to use in “GT Open”.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Jneg, while I have seen these rules, I have not seen them referenced to this specific event. I'd like to see either the track or the event promoter confirm if these are the exact rules.

Specifically, what is the exact spec tire rule as well as the exact list of allowed engines for the spec class.

Don't want to sound short, but these two details have been a source of confusion and frustration at LHR. I love this track, and look forward to the race...just want to know the rules

thanks in advance-
Eric Schutt
Old 07-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Looking forward to the race too.

This link will take you to our event banner, click on the banner and it will take you to the race site. (Still under construction). You'll find more info there, OK

http://www.ipanemasports.com/USGTNat...pionships.aspx

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service