R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 06-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Default Repeat post

Yesterday, I had a great time! There were some parts that were odd but all in all it was nice to be out there! I hadn't driven in a long time because of work but yesterday really resparked my desire! The project for this week will be to finish my 733!!
Anyway, everybody looked great out there! In comparison to when some of us started racing, even the newbys were flying! The "A" was a great show!! That really showed that racing is more of a chess game than just running hard around a track! I still can't figure out how Scooby damn near made a straight line out of three turns for his pass on to the straight?? (must be the boost!) I also still can't believe that most of you guys did not see (I forget his name) took off his damn leg during the "B" and threw it at ya'll trying to get the guys in the pitts attention!!! (a car was flipped over in front of pitt lane and nobody saw it!!) A brothers false leg could not break the spell of how tough the racing was yesterday!!
I do hope that the many people who were taking pictures yesterday will share! I kept my camera in my bag. I'll be upgrading my camera game this summer also!
It was great to see everybody. Pete was smiling at us and for the most part kept us dry!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #62
Tech Master

Hey guys, I had a lot of fun yesterday racing. It was good to see new and old faces at the track! I was good to meet Timmy from NC and to be out qualified by him Lol! The track owners did a great job of getting the race started and finished on time. It is a shame that we have to have this race because of my buddy and yours Pete Johnson because I mis him a lot but it was a great race.
I have to thank Juan for the winning tires! Tory thanks for the parts I needed for the NT1. I had a great time running with Eric "The DC Sniper " Jones. It was a hard fought battel between everybody that was there. Can't wait to do it again next time!
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #63
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Man, I haven't had that much fun in a while. Yesterday was a great day and I'm glad I could be part of it. Thanks for making a newb feel welcome and all the help I got throughout the day. Looking forward to getting back out there with you guys to get a consistant line and lose a few seconds. Between the smell of the nitro and the grill, I was in heaven...lol. Not to mention the A Main battle that got everyone there out of their seats. You guys are gonna be seeing alot more of me in the future.
X-Ray NT1, Losi XXX-SCB/Micro T, CRC GenXL, Blade 120SR
If everything is under control, you are going too slow- Mario Andretti
Lapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What a great day it was yersterday! besides my painful headache and hot flashes i had an awesome time. it was so good that i didnt want to leave to take care of myself!

i'd like to thank kitchen for helping set up my speed controller the proper way, to help me win the B main (could have been in the A if i had that speed before ) Oh, and kitchen let me know if someone is down at the track so i can get you your pinion back!

it's races like that, that gets the ball rolling,the # of entries growing, and the fun never stopping!
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
...besides my painful headache and hot flashes...
Tell me about it. In round 2 I had to race 2 classes and 2 marshalling back to back (electric tc - marshalling - nitro tc - marshalling). After marshalling for the second time I seriously thought I was going to pass out. I somehow managed to pick myself up and get back to the pits though .

Anyways, I can't believe how hyper-competitive the nitro races have become at Blue Diamond. I had 17 laps - the same # of laps I had in last year's Pete Johnson Memorial Race - and I was stuck in a D main yesterday. Consider that I was in the A main last year with 17 laps . Here's the proof:

Though I am *extremely* happy that I made 5th in the electric A main (I used to consistently place dead last back when I started), I will be working on getting some of my past nitro glory back from now on .
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Some of the photos are posted. Some of the trophy Photos came out dark . I'll have to photoshop them.

The photo's that are up so far is here:

http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle...teJohnson2010/
Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #67
Tech Addict

mmhmm, got lots of pics of my car! me likey

http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle...geViewsIndex=1

thats kinda close right there...
Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

wow, was that you sang? that really is close! im so used to seeing the blue car with yellow flames up front..now i gotta change my views
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Race 1-5 Results
Old 06-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Race 6-9 Results
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R4_Race_06_Electric Touring_A-Main.pdf (32.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf R4_Race_07_DM1_GT_A-Main.pdf (40.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: pdf R4_Race_08_10th NitroTouring_A-Main.pdf (102.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf R4_Race_09_Novice_A-Main.pdf (26.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 06-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamB&B View Post
Race 1-5 Results
Tanx :-).
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #72
Tech Addict

I have been uploading the vids but they're not ready yet. Stay tuned as I will probably be done in a few hours.

BTW, do you guys know any good, HD capable video sharing sites other than youtube? My camcorder takes vids in 60fps, and since youtube downrates them to 30fps when uploaded, they look extremely choppy.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey everyone

I wasn't able to ever meet Mr. Johnson or race with him, but after listening to his wifes wonderful speech before the race, I could tell how much he meant to their family, along with his r/c family...the Blue Diamond racers. I appreciated getting to know more about him through her speech and was honored to have been a part of a memorial race in his honor.

I FINALLY got home lol. Man, me and Chay hit some crazy traffic on 95S coming home after the race....added like 2 hours to our trip back to his house. I think it was after 3AM when we pulled in and I passed out. Lucky for me I just slept till I woke up and then drove back to NC. Chay went to work He's hardcore!

I had a lot of fun on my first time to Blue Diamond It's a toss up on if I had more fun on the track or cutting up with everyone in the pits! LOL! I love the layout...it was so fun. That straight away is the business!

-Chay, had a great time, thanks for helping me out this weekend. Now we just need to get Mel out
-Scooby, great racing with you and laughing with you too. Your a fast cat, no doubt about that...oh man I rhymed
-Eric Jones, great seeing you again too! Its been a while! Great run in the main!
-Sam! Yeah it was a lot of fun in the race, glad you came out hope to see you again soon! Your a really nice guy, I like nice people!
-Ed & Randy, had a blast! Glad you guys are doing well, hope to see you at a race soon.
-Tory, man I heard your son talking when I got some food and he sounds just like you! His mannerisms are just like you too! LOL man it was trippin me out...he's like a mini z Tory Kudos for the race and being on point. Good times!
-Quinn! Hey I didn't get to say bye cause I couldn't find you. Glad to see you again too, take care and race with you soon!
-Tom Brown, Thanks for the water I needed it! I think I was sippin on the iced coffee a little too much Sunday, wasn't feeling all that well. Great job with your photon....with a 13.5! Next time I'm sure you'll have something faster strapped in.
-Mike K, Good to see you too, I bought a 1/8th scale a while back, how about you show me the ropes sometime I'll see you at Vorra soon I'm sure.

Wish I could remember everyones names but was great meeting you all. I hope to have more time in the future to get to chat with you all and get to know everyone. I'll defiantly be back in the future.

Dominoes just got here so I'm going to get my feast on, then go back to sleep

To Pete Johnson! I had a nice day!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Wow that was fun , and your right Timmie I wish I would have one of those 10.5's in , Thank You for the tires wish I had them earlier in the day . the track was wide open enough for me to run one of those motors . never had one but I'm going to have to get one just in-case - 4 next time , You had Great runs in both of your classes , but man thats a long drive home ! -- And stay away from the iced coffee for awhile !
Sorry to hear that Jimmy Mac got out of racing he is a good guy going to miss him !

Congratulation to everyone just for showing up for a good cause !

And as Pete would say - have a nice day !

Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Vid time! Watch the vids in HD

The 'Memorial Lap.'
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

World GT A-main. Some nice battles in this race.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Electric TC B-main
+ YouTube Video

Electric TC A-main... thank you for filming the race for us Ed! Check out the race between Scooby and Randy.
+ YouTube Video

DM-1 GT A-main 1 of 2. Jojo's car looking really dialed.
+ YouTube Video

DM-1 GT A-main 2 of 2
+ YouTube Video

Nitro TC C-main.. this was an exciting race too. Sorry about sneaking up in the driver's stand guys. I just had to do it .
+ YouTube Video

Now the highlights.. Nitro TC A-main

Nitro TC A-main 1 of 3
+ YouTube Video

Before you move on to the second video, a few noticable things in this vid:
1. There was a bad crash at 0:05. I caught some of it but don't know how it happened in the first place. Did anyone see it?
2. Fast forward to 6:00 if you're dying to watch the EPIC battle between Scooby and Eric Jones

Nitro TC A-main 2 of 3
+ YouTube Video

Nitro TC A-main 3 of 3... the battle continues
+ YouTube Video

That's everything I have. I do keep the original files (that are fluid-smooth and of much better quality) so if you want them let me know, maybe I'll burn you a DVD or something . Enjoy .