Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big Air at the River Track HARC #5 -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Default Big Air at the River Track HARC #5 -- Video

First up from this set is a teaser of sorts. First time I've been to the River Track. Its cool and quite a bit different than other R/C tracks you've see. The Brazos River runs right behind the track so you can go swimming or whatever if you don't feel like racing. Sitting under the trees watching the goings on the river can be quite fun The track is noted for its Big Air possibilities. I'll be going back for sure. Very friendly bunch there. Someone was always coming up offering me water or soda or a hot dog or something. Very nice people.

First time I've used the IKan pro HD monitor for my viewfinder. Man is it sweet. For one thing I can use both eyes and leave my glasses on Its nice and bright too. Even in daylight. Best of all they changed a small part on this model and so its obsolete but works with my stuff perfectly and I picked it up for half price. No more coming home from shooting and having to be in bed for a day or two. Nice and comfy and with a little more practice and a little work honing down the up down axis so its a bit smoother it will be unnoticeable that I'm using it except for the much better focus and lack of jiggles. Anyways enough about my fun today here is the first vid from the set.

www.promofo-racing.org/River-Track-1.html

Griz
Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

love it!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Great vid, what I could watch of it.
The Flowplayer format sucks.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default What isn't it doing

Is it skipping or stopping then starting again? If so the stream is too fat for your connection. I'll have the download version uploaded in a few. Get that one it will work best for you.

The file will be at http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...er-Track-1.zip

I'm working on a module that finds out what the throughput between my servers and your computer is and adjusts the feed so you won't get skips. My connection out here in the sticks sucks. In the dead of night they play perfectly but around 8am and after school gets out it sucks. The actual file is h.264. If you bring up the page and look about halfway down you'll see the actual file name. Just use that and it will bypass FlowPlayer. FP is just a flash player. I'm sending h.264 via MaxCDN as a flash video. I'm already experimenting with HTML5 and webm. Soon there won't be any plug-ins etc required. Just a HTML5 compatible browser and man will that be an awesome day.

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 05-26-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Awesome Possum Griz....Keep it up buddy.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Great Video
Old 05-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Really Cool! That quad is huge!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yea it is

First time I've been down there. Its a really nice place with the dock and patio right next to the river with lots of shade to chill between heats. I haven't been to many of the tracks in the Houston area. Its about 5 hours from my place. But now that my nephew is racing nitro truggy I'm going to try and make a couple of his races a month. I think the HARC race is at Mike's next time around.

The Ikan monitor was awesome. No glare and its perfectly visible in the daylight. 8" instead of the 5.6 low res I had. Now that I can sit down I'm not all sore and stiff after shooting. And I can shoot a lot longer The Ikan is a HD monitor they run about 800 bucks. Ikan just changed from component video input to hdmi so they are clearing out the old ones. I picked up a brand new one with full warranty for 395. 800x480 res is perfect for my SD camera. I'll post up a pic of it in the next day or two. Its a pretty slick rig.

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 05-25-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wow it moved

Guess I'm supposed to post vids here. Oh well no biggie. The next vid from the set is rendering now. Should be up in an hour or so.

Griz
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default More from the River Track

Here is the 2nd vid from the River Track footage. Hope you like it.

www.promofo-racing.org/River-Track-2.html

I'll be uploading the Hi-Qual collectors edition as soon as its rendered. I'll post the link for that tomorrow. And I'll be uploading it to my Youtube page youtube.com/griz11

Plenty more tape so stay tuned for some more from the River Track.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

If for some reason you still can't see the vid PM me with the details and I'll see if I can get you working.

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 05-24-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Very Nice Mr. Grizz11,
Racing is alive an Well in Texas Boyz!! Having raced at this event seeing it in again is just awesome! Love the Soundtrack! Tucson Racers, P Town Racers, Cali Racers! WHACHA GOT? Being Transplanted to The Houston Area the last five Months has revived my RC Racin Love! Tracks here are awesome! And you cannot beat the Hospitality! The River- Well the River! The BBQ! The "Uber coolness" Laid back RC Racing, Yep, them guys are fast, on par with the AZ and CA Crowd, but the atmosphere? It's What made Racin is fun! Come on out to Texas, Check out the River, Vertigo, Gulf Coast Raceway!

Easyryder will Be out sooner or later to test the River and Vertigo, Cause Monkey will make him, Got a plan to Spank him! I is a Far piece to Drive, But as long as Monkey is alive, you will have a challenge, if not on the track, it will be talking smack! Long live Texas Racin! Thanks for shootin the Vid Griz11
You dont know me, but Ya Got my lil 2wd on film fighting off all those lil suckers that lost with there 4wd lectric's to the Monkey....

I will answer no questions concerning my performance at this venue in 1/8 nitro Buggy..I do not want to talk about it.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default The new rig

A couple of people have asked for a pic of my rig. Well here you go.

Canon XL2 camera with CAVision matte box and rails mounting system
Davis & Sanford All Terrain Pod with Dolly
Ikan V8000HD HD Video Monitor and Sunshade
Manfrotto articulated arm for mounting monitor
Manfrotto 525Pro Lanc Controller Controls zoom and focus mounts on the pod steering handle
Marshall 5.6" spare monitor
Rode Stereo Video Mic

Very sturdy yet smooth as silk once its broken in.

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 05-26-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default #3

Here is another vid from the River Track.

www.promofo-racing.org/River-Track-3.html

The Hi-Qual 4K stream is available for download at

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...er-Track-3.zip

Youtube

+ YouTube Video

Enjoy
Griz
Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like a fun track
Old 05-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by easyryder
Looks like a fun track
Come racin Bro!! I may be able to ship my ride to AZ so I can do some pass thru spankin in AZ!!! You gotta come check the locals out here, Racin at its best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.