Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Leighton Dillard Memorial indoor carpet race: April 16-18 >

Leighton Dillard Memorial indoor carpet race: April 16-18

Leighton Dillard Memorial indoor carpet race: April 16-18

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Leighton Dillard Memorial indoor carpet race: April 16-18

As many of you probably know, the RC community lost a brother on March 6 at the Psycho Nitro Blast. The purpose of this event is to provide an annual reminder of our friend and fundraiser for the family he has left behind. Although a hardcore nitro offroader at heart, Leighton had recently discovered carpet racing as an off-season break from nitro and we welcomed him as long as he didn't try to find a way to mount a .21 on his 1/12 scale I am currently working up a flyer and will post it here, but wanted to get the basic event information out asap.

2311A Flowood Dr Flowood MS 39232
601-664-9002
www.nitrotoysandhobbies.com

DATES:
April 16: open practice 10AM-7PM
April 17: 3 rounds of qualifying, 12PM until
April 18: LCQ and Mains 12PM until

CLASSES:
17.5 rubber TC: 1420g min weight, open tire and ESC
VTA: 1450g min weight, Novak 21.5 motor/Lipo, no Mamba or BD
ESC's, Tekins must use v189 or earlier, 4.2-4.6 FDR, HPI spec tire
13.5 1s 1/12 scale: open tire and ESC
13.5 1s WGT: WGT spec tire, open ESC

More event information will be out soon, please check back often for updates. Please help us make this an event to remember, have some fun in a laid-back race atmosphere, and raise money to help out Leighton's wife and children in their time of need.

-rocky b

Last edited by flatspunout; 04-02-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'll do my best to b there Rocky
Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is going to be a great race for a good cause. Come on out everybody this is a great track and a good bunch of people.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok the flyer is finally up, and event registration is available on rcsignup.com. I've tried posting the sign up button provided by the site but can't get it to work...if someone can help please let me know. Until then make sure you are registering for the indoor race as there are two Leighton Dillard memorials on rcsignup, ours and the nitro offroad track down the road. Some of the racers coming from out of town have expressed concerns over the start time on Sunday and how long it will take to finish the LCQ's and mains...if we have to change things around on Sunday to get those guys on the road sooner then we will do what needs to be done to help them out. Number of entries will determine how long we will be running Sunday, so pre-registering online will help give me an idea of how many to expect and if schedule changes need to be made. Please don't let this keep you travelling racers from coming, I promise we will do what needs to be done to get you guys on the road and home at a decent hour Sunday night. RC America has stepped up and will be providing raffle items, Lee has commited a couple of Tekin RS's and an LRP SXX stock spec along with a Blu-Ray DVD player, and one of our local racers, Stewart Small has donated a home theater surround sound system as well. EVERY DIME made from this event will go directly to Shellie, Jessica, and Chris. Please make an effort to come out and race with us and help out our friend Leighton's family.

-rocky b

Last edited by flatspunout; 04-02-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

I just wanted to update the thread on what we were talking about thursday night as well. There has really been a lot of interest in the race so it is looking like there will be a good turn-out already. This should be a fun event!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just over a week to go and I can't wait for next weekend to get here! Nitro Toys and Hobbies has had calls or emails from all over the Southeast about this event, and the turnout is looking good...we had 16 entries in 17.5 TC tonight at a regular club race (not bad for a po-dunk little town in MS ) and we are hoping for plenty of out of town talent to come show us the fast way around the rug! Congrats to the Hawk for taking home the A-main win tonight btw...that guy in the orange and white car just couldn't handle the pressure, I believe the Mohicans called it "bootylockupitis"!

Travelling racers, I encourage you to go to www.rcsignup.com and pregister for this event...payment is not required for registration, but please include your personal transponder number so we can go ahead and get you in the computer. Also, you do not have to be present to purchase raffle tickets or win, or even race for that matter...donations are certainly accepted and encouraged. Contact Nitro Toys and Hobbies @ 601-664-9002 for more info.

-rocky b
Old 04-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Thx Rock that race was probably one of the most exciting races I have ever been in. It was so much fun, I'm still nervous.

Guys this is going to be an awesome race, lot of interest and commitments already. We look forward to to hosting this event and meeting a bunch of new guys (or gals). We always have so much fun and I'm sure you will too.

Hawk